What's the most romantic thing you've ever done?

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 08:18 pm
Hmmm, let me think...

Little Kim...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:5gqxyUmaqaQC:image.pathfinder.com/who/specials

littlek...

http://www.able2know.com/forums/images/avatars/8436518243fd2bcf7b98cf.jpg

Nope. Definitely littlek. Admittedly I was drinking fairly heavily that night and I seem to remember littlek as a blonde.

I certainly don't recall being seduced by a cartoon dog. But, hell, I had fun.

And isn't that the most important thing?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 09:12 pm
GASP! A CARTOON DOG!?!?! hmph!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:28 pm
Gus is still thinkin' of littlej.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:54 pm
Or maybe littlel.
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:03 pm
this thread has become most unromantic! Since I've never done anything particularly romantic, and in order to demonstrate how much MORE romantic the hihpster is than I, here is the most romantic thing he did for me this year (so far- he's good at Christmas. . . last christmas he made me a handmade book with cut out paper animals, very realistic looking, about a little star (me) who is sought by a little heart (him)):

For our anniversery this year, he sent me a rather large paperweight type thingie. . . I was kinda "uhm. . ." and then he explained that it was the first rose he ever gave me (at the airport a few years ago) that he had dried and been saving ever since and set into (again, homemade) clear resin. . .

:-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:07 pm
aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:09 pm
I know! <outrageously girlish laughter>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 11:00 am
that hihpster - he is a dolling!
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:01 pm
I ran away when my girlfriend started sneezing one day. So I brought us matching face masks. The things I do for romance...
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:20 pm
Well, last year around this time I bought a lovely pendant for Mrs. cav, and hid it in a boxed bottle of one of her favorite Irish whiskeys. Then I got yelled at for spending too much money, so I figure it's coupons and Canadian Tire money this year....maybe some coal....
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2003 08:23 pm
I blame mezzie for telling her why we men do these things...
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:01 pm
But she kept the jewlry, didn't she?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 06:16 pm
Just barely. The plan was to take it back actually, but I refused. It looked too good on her. I am under oath this year to not buy any more jewlery, and she is serious.
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 10:05 pm
The other most romantic thing that I have done would probably be telling the truth.

You don't see that in enough relationships out there these days. Boyfriends lie to girlfriends, wives lie to husbands, trust is broken, relationships ruined, families broken, and all because of a few lies.

Some people say that they only use "white" lies to make their partner feel better. To me, white lies are vampiric; they might make my girlfriend feel better but I cringe at the fact that I didn't tell her the truth. And when you get right down to it, how can a person possibly have a lasting relationship based on untruths and instability?

So there's your answer. The most romantic thing to do is not only the most needed and expected, but also the most uncommon. Telling the truth.
0 Replies

BlueMonkey

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 10:44 pm
An ex now but we went walking in a park and she wanted a rose - which was a dollar - and I didn't want to give her one. But the next day I felt bad so I called the flower shop after flower shop trying to find one that had white roses. When I found one I got 11 white roses and one red rose and had it sent to her work with a card that had some sort of note stating that I should have bought her the rose.

Then there is the cheesey one where I dedicated a song to her and knew that she was not listening to the same radio station so I taped it and gave it to her.
0 Replies

kabby

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 11:51 am
The most romantic thing that I have ever done was when I was married I planned an entire "getaway weekend" for me and my spouse. Some of the weekend included actually going places "playing tourist locally" and some of the weekend actually was spent at home. I made special foods ahead of time ex. chocolate covered strawberries, favorite meal, steak, baked potato, salad, homemade bread etc. We were nondrinkers so we had non alcoholic wine. We toasted in special glasses. I gave my partner a massage paying special attention to the back which was painful. I also dressed our bedroom up with flowers, candles and fresh sheets. I rented romantic movies and we stayed in watching them. I gave my partner a bath complete with bubbles and a heated towel from the dryer and washed and blow dryed hair and manicured nails. I rubbed on lotion and wore some clothes that I knew my partner found attractive and sensual.
We listened to romantic love songs and had supper by the fire. We played
favorite board games and I bought my partner a little love gift. We went to an outlet mall and walked around and did not really spend anymore money we just window shopped and had lunch. Part of the weekend it rained and was cold we snuggled under a blanket and just had a fantastic time. I was basically doing whatever I wanted as well as trying to please my partner and doing things that would make them happy. In turn I made us both very happy. It was one of the most memorable times of my life and it is a shame that the relationship did not last. I probably would have done anything to please this person and make them happy. I used to spend time thinking up ways to please them and make life happier.
0 Replies

firemanbud

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 07:48 pm
hmm.
I took my wife to diner for valentines, while we were there I got up and sang her a song I wrote about her. She loved it.
0 Replies