children deprived of philosophy

Fido

Reply Sat 13 Nov, 2010 09:58 pm
@weiwei,
weiwei wrote:

not a question needed to be asked if the society is the one you want, right?
Philosophy is the sum total of all the subjects. It couldn'd be taught through education, but understood by children themselves.
So you 'd better to think about whether we should give birth to a child.
People make a big mistake thinking they are going to teach children anything... They may think they are going to teach their children everything that is important in life, but it is the other way around....
55hikky

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 02:03 pm
@weiwei,
Can you elaborate on your last sentence?
(I think I know what you are trying to say, but I'm not a fan of making unwarranted undertaking of claims...)
0 Replies

55hikky

Reply Sun 14 Nov, 2010 04:37 pm
@Fido,
I'd like to add that only those who forget who they are, who forget what life is about, who forget why they existed, are "reminded" of what life was all about from their children and "everything important to life" isn't all that important at all.
Philosophy, or more precisely critical thinking and ethics, during childhood will help prevent them from becoming engulfed in dogmatism, propaganda, ignorance and naiveness so that they don't have to be reminded of the purpose of life, and real nature of humanity from their children.
0 Replies