Snowstorm Dec, 2003

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:48 pm
I need my seasons. Gotta have that snow to bitch about in the winter, the heat to bitch about in the summer, the leaves to bitch about in the fall, and I actually don't bitch much in the spring because it's my favorite time of year. Even in the spring I get PMS, so don't think I don't do any bitching in the spring ;-)
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:52 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:46 pm
City life..... we have individuals unburrying their cars, home owners shoveling their sidealks, and landlords who hire a crew do do their properties. We have a lot at my place with about 8 regular parking spaces, it's a big square. My building has 4 spots on the south side and the opposite side has spots that are rented out to 3 different buildings. So, One building has a crew come and do a small part of it. I did a large part of it, one guy from the other building did a lot of shoveling... but, there's this big snow island in the middle of the lot. I have to catch a tire in the snow so as to pivot the car to get it in the space. Very funny. Prolly doing terrible things to my paint.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:47 pm
Oh yeah, there was a snow coverage map in the globe today. Cambridge got more snow than Boston and I know that we got more snow than Winchester. Definitely a weird pattern.Inches by county and town
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 07:56 pm
Paint a 3 on the side of your car, chew some backy and drive 'round and 'round that sumbitch, turning left of course, you'll wear the snow pile away in no time. Of course your paint will be gone too.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:18 pm
Bah..this is nothing compared to 96. Funny how seaside we have our bad years when everyone elses doesnt seem so bad.
Of course, if this keeps up this way, it could be worse than 96 I mean...some of this has to melt before it snows again. REALLY.

Must remember to shovel more often in the wee hours.

Sug....those without driveway access are eternally grateful that you dont plow them in...pass this along please Smile
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:21 pm
I told my west coast housemate that this would all melt before winter really hit. Let's hope I can keep my promise.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:24 pm
I think it will. At this point we'd be lucky to have a white Christmas. That kind of makes it nice, sort of in a backwards glance type of way.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:48 pm
yeah, with all this snow now, no one will feel bad if it doesn't snow til after xmas.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:08 pm
Today's picture from my friend's blog. That's a van, not a car. The lump of snow to the right of the van is a car.

http://www.divamind.com/corey/jigsaw/van1.jpg
Beverly, massachusetts
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 10:10 pm
ok, the island in the middle of the parking lot became a mountain when my housemate and the people upstairs dug out their cars and piled more snow ontop. So, who gets to move a mountain.....? I spent an hour after work moving some of it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 9 Dec, 2003 11:49 pm
Damn, you city folks really get nailed with the stuff, LOL! I remember the days of watching people try and figure out where to put the snow. We had our own yard, so some people have actually asked us if they could put their snow in our yard :-)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 07:22 am
We have a large pile up on the porch, the front garden is full, there are piles beside the road and beside the walks. There are also piles in front of and in back of cars..kinda like auto igloos. Its all interesting until theres more snow.
Sun, please.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2003 07:12 pm
rain tomorrow.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 07:26 am
That'll work---till it gets cold tonight

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:51 am
It's pretty nice out today. The sun is shining and the snow that was left in the driveway is melting. It's suppose to rain tonight and another nice and even warmer day tomorrow :-D

Foo Foo was so excited when we dug her out :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 09:53 am
I also got the bird feeders back out as soon as the wind calmed down a bit and all our bird friends are very happy as well.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 06:49 pm
Poor foofoo!!!

We had a major snow-melt today. Still ots of snow, but we have wider roads and sidewalks, no more snow island (someone must have shoveled what was left). Yep, it'll be freezing tonight so we'll have ice. Hope everyone drives smart.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 08:20 pm
Enjoying the descriptions!

So far, we can barely compete with Brand X's frost around here, but there was a teeny tiny dusting of honest-to-god snow this morning. That's progress, in my book.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2003 10:03 pm
dustings are good.
0 Replies