http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11505/normal_Mvc-003f%7E12.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:12 am
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11505/normal_Mvc-002f%7E11.jpg
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:16 am
Yikes! I'm glad I don't have that mess, the frost is wreaking havoc on the city though, this was the heaviest of the year so far .00000000000001 of an inch.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:17 am
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11505/normal_Mvc-001f%7E16.jpg
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:21 am
Montana wrote:
http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/11505/normal_Mvc-002f%7E11.jpg

heh. That's a great shot Montana. Don't you go cleaning that railing off! That snow stuck right on there and and left a great image. Razz

I ended up with about 16" at my place. This storm was odd in that it left more snow in/around Boston proper than it did out in the Worcester hills where the snow usually piles up.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:23 am
That's the way it looked here in March of 1993, a blizzard that will live in infamy.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:23 am
Actually this isn't that bad compared to what I'm use too. Usually the drifts are so bad that we get nailed, but the wind is blowing so hard that it's blowing most of the snow in someone elses yard for a change, LOL! The pictures I took there are of a spot where a lot of it gathered and usually my whole 5 acres of land is like that. Out front you'd never think that we got that much snow. My bunny is making tunnels in the snow, LOL!

Brand X
All that frost must be devistating.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:28 am
yeh Montana, looks like your snow came in from the side. thats the kind that blows right up ones pants.
GREAT HOT CHOCOLATE WEATHER

PS-Feed DEm birds. They need a lot of energy and theyre probably almost spent with this quick an entry into winter.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:29 am
God, I hate snow.

Everytime we get a few inches, I threaten to move even further south.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:31 am
Farmerman
Yup, up the pants snow this is. I have to take the bird feeders in when the wind gets this mad because it damages them, but as soon as it settles down, I'll get them right back out there.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 08:33 am
Eva wrote:
God, I hate snow.

Everytime we get a few inches, I threaten to move even further south.

LOL Eva. I only feel that way if I have to go out in it. It stinks when you have to get up a few hours early to clean the car and shovel before you have to go to work.
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:39 am
We had bad winds just south of Boston. The bad thing about living on the water is flooding during a high-tide storm. The good thing is that there's so much salt water splashing around that the snow doesn't really stick.

I drove from Medford at 10:30 Saturday morning - that was bad. The boy plowed from 2 am Saturday morning until sometime last night (maybe 9 or 10). Little brother plowed for my city from 3 am Saturday until 4 am Sunday - truck finally died. I went out with him Saturday night for about 6 hours so he wouldn't fall asleep. The main attraction is plowing people in when they park on both sides of the street and have driveways. It's a hobby, really, and so much fun. On the other hand, if someone's out at 1 am shoveling we give them a hand and plow them out.

Yesterday I figured no one would be in a rush to shovel so I picked up my bud and went Christmas shopping. We had the place to ourselves and I now only have 2 people left to buy for! We then went to the local, met up with quinn1, and food and drinks were had by all.

Who says snowstorms are a bad thing?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 10:52 am
Sounds like a good time Sugar. I use to get so pissed when I lived in Waltham because everytime I finished shoveling my driveway (wich was a long driveway) a plow would come along and leave a huge hard pile of snow at the end. I've been late for work several times because of those damn plows, Grrrrrrrrr!!! I'm smiling now because this doesn't happen anymore since we have our own lane with our own plow guy. It's actually a tractor with a huge snow blower thingy on it and it blows the snow away from the road. Ahhhh, good times :-) I'm just waiting for the stuff to stop so I can go dig out my bunny. The drifts have got her trapped under the stairs, the poor thing. Actually, she's fine. I threw some food for her under there and if anything, she's just a little pissed off, LOL.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 11:14 am
I think we got 20" here when all was said and done - weird, we usually get more snow than fishin' does. And I have to see if I have school today. Hmm.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 11:48 am
My son is in Boston. He hasn't seen snow since he was 6. I hope he brought along enough warm clothes and doesn't freeze. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Sugar

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 12:18 pm
Don't worry, fbaezer. It's actually not that bad out today. Hat and gloves are nice but wouldn't be 'do or die' today. At least the sun's shining bright!
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 12:43 pm
Montana wrote:
Sounds like a good time Sugar. I use to get so pissed when I lived in Waltham because everytime I finished shoveling my driveway (wich was a long driveway) a plow would come along and leave a huge hard pile of snow at the end. I've been late for work several times because of those damn plows, Grrrrrrrrr!!! I'm smiling now because this doesn't happen anymore since we have our own lane with our own plow guy. It's actually a tractor with a huge snow blower thingy on it and it blows the snow away from the road. Ahhhh, good times :-) I'm just waiting for the stuff to stop so I can go dig out my bunny. The drifts have got her trapped under the stairs, the poor thing. Actually, she's fine. I threw some food for her under there and if anything, she's just a little pissed off, LOL.

I hate when that damn frost plow goes by and barricades the end of my drive with .00000000000010 of frost! I was late for work this morning because of it, didn't see any bunny tunnels in it though.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:03 pm
Damn Brand X, I feel your pain brother. I think I'd rather have snow than all that frost.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:15 pm
Brand X has 3 seasons

HOT

DAMN HOT

and MELTS THE TARRS OFFN MAH CAWR
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Mon 8 Dec, 2003 01:22 pm
It's hot enough to fry frost on the sidewalk 'round here!
0 Replies