How do I put an end to my general anxiety disorder?

dirrtydozen22

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I really hope that is so. Or maybe she came in on her day off bc **** need to be done and here I am comiong around the corner asking a dumbass question.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:45 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:
what excrement? like srsly i wanna kno
Its not polite -- its offensive-- to use words
about drainage from the human body.

If u DON 'T do that, then people will think u r a nicer person
and thay will be less likely to get mad at u.

dirrtydozen22

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:46 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
oh u mean the s word. ok I won't curse from now on. plomise
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:50 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
What were the circumstances when you asked her about it? Did you ask while she was in the middle of a busy run of customers or in the middle of a supply truck being unloaded?

Keep reminding yourself that she is not supposed to be your friend. She's your boss. Sometimes bosses are a bit short when under stress, it isn't anything personal. Please oh please don't again allow yourself to grind this into the ground with an obsessive focus on her being short with you.

She was short with you.... so what? Let it go. Put some duck feathers on your back and let it just wash over you instead of going around wearing it like a soggy trench coat.
dirrtydozen22

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 12:54 pm
@Butrflynet,
She wasn't that busy. It was actually her day off. **** just need to be done which was y she was there. I'm not upset over that. I just don't want my anxiety to cost me my job like before.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:04 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
Here is my best advice (in addition to finding a GOOD free psychologist):
Since u KNOW that raising your voice has gotten people mad at u
and interfered with your job in the past, make A RULE for yourself
that u will always speak sweetly and in a soft, sweet conversational voice.

Throw out bad words from your vocabulary; think of them as garbage.
When u use bad words, thay make u look bad; like stains on your clothes.
Say to yourself: "bad words bring bad luck."

Replace them with good words, nice words that will make people happy
when u speak to them. If thay LIKE u, then thay are more likely to treat u better on-the-job.

David
dirrtydozen22

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:06 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I wasn't loud when I asked her about me taking the weekend off. I don't curse ne more. I think she was more annoyed that I asked at all. "Was it cuz of the credit card thing?" That truly pissed her off bc I know nothing. I just assume.
Butrflynet

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:17 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

I don't curse ne more.

dirrtydozen22 wrote:
Then at McD's, it was fast paced and I also got shitload of hours.

dirrtydozen22 wrote:
I think that's what's tryna **** me up.

dirrtydozen22 wrote:
I thought it was cuz of the credit card ****.

dirrtydozen22 wrote:
I wish I'm not so fucked up.

dirrtydozen22 wrote:
Or maybe she came in on her day off bc **** need to be done

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 01:18 pm
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:
I wasn't loud when I asked her about me taking the weekend off.
I don't curse ne more. I think she was more annoyed that I asked at all.
"Was it cuz of the credit card thing?" That truly pissed her off bc I know nothing. I just assume.
We can only do our best.
Occasionally, bad things (or good things) happen that are not our fault,
like when there was a slow time and several of u were asked not to go in to work.

Its not your fault if fewer customers arrive.

The most that u can do is:
Say nice things, that people like.
Don 't say bad things that people DON 'T like
and try very, very, very hard not to get into quarrels.
U have suffered enuf misery from that already; u don 't need more.

Keep working hard; do a good job. Stay away from trouble.
Live a happy life. Do things that are innocent fun; movies, good food.

ALWAYS speak in a soft, sweet, gentle nice voice.
Don 't let yelling get u into any more trouble; u have had enuf trouble with shouting.

David
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:05 pm
"The perceived enemy is the projection of your thinking"

from "Loving What Is"
by Byron Katie

I strongly suggest it for you, DirtyDozen.

mm25075

Mon 30 Aug, 2010 02:31 pm
@PUNKEY,
DD

Something I have noticed is that work tends to be your focus of your thoughts a lot.

What do you do outside of work? Try to think of work simply as a place you go to. Do the best you can while you are there. When you leave at the end of the day, try to put work out of your mind. Get into the routine of seperating your personal and work lives from each other. Make friends outside of work and if you are not at work, and the thoughts of work come out, try to refocus your thought energy onto something else entirely like a hobby, a movie you saw that you liked, something you'd like to plan to do in the future, exercise, dance like no one is watching or do some charity work for fun. Make a life outside your work life and you will find it much easier to only think about work when you are actually AT work.

If you think you did something wrong and you want to follow up with your supervisor later, write down your worry then put it someplace where you will find it on your way into work the next day. See if you can then set a time/day to speak with your supervisor about your positive performance and what beahviors you should continue throughout your work day.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Wed 1 Sep, 2010 08:34 am
I have a feeling that Dirty's issues extend into her entire life's relationships, i.e. family and friends, institutions, school, work, legal, and of course, self.

Unless she/he gets that thought process under control, there's trouble ahead all life thru.

dirrtydozen22

Fri 3 Sep, 2010 02:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
My thought process is mainly due to GAD. I finally found out what's wrong with me. The idiot's guide said that anxiety can lead to anger from holding it in for so long. That's exactly what happened at Wal-Mart. Might as well look for work where there's no stress till I could handle high pressure environment. Also, I think my twisted thinking led to anxiety as well (i.e. always anticipating disaster.)
0 Replies