Sex 4 $$

Chumly

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 11:14 am
Outside of the obvious that prostitution in some forms is legal (hence not called prostitution) while in others it's illegal (hence called prostitution) and outside of the fact that the illegality of prostitution is based on Puritanism (among other social sicknesses) would you do it for material gain if there was marginal social stigma / legal downside?

Even as things stand it does not take much imagination to realize that many relationships are in part or in whole based on one person giving "gifts" to another for "services rendered".

I'd do it is the price were right, and further I'll assert that it should be not be the province of the police, courts, religions or social mores.

How 'bout you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 3,341 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Telamon

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 10:20 pm
@Chumly,
Who’s province should it fall under? Who’s going to make that call? What gives them the right over said government?

Related post:
http://able2know.org/topic/160445-1
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 10:52 pm

Chumly, with all respect, u have too many questions there, all roled up into 1
to answer without writing a tedious essay.

If I were u, I 'd ask them one at a time.

David
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 10:57 pm
Nope, couldn't do it. I don't have a problem with consenting adults agreeing to a price. I don't think the government should be involved except maybe for taxation and a strict disease testing policy.
aidan

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:02 pm
@Chumly,
Quote:
would you do it for material gain if there was marginal social stigma / legal downside?

I don't think I would make a very good prostitute. I couldn't even sit through dinner or hold someone's hand if I weren't attracted to them and if I knew I'd be expected to have sex with them before I could leave - even if the money was great- I'd probably become catatonic with dread and depression.
But I do understand that's because I've never been in the situation that I was THAT desperate for money.
I'm sure there are a lot of things I haven't had to do that I could do if I had to.

Quote:
I'd do it is the price were right, and further I'll assert that it should be not be the province of the police, courts, religions or social mores.

How 'bout you?

If we're talking about consenting adults, I think that anything that belongs to a person is theirs to either give away or sell.
I was going to say 'except children' but even there, if a person is inclined to give away or sell their child - it's probably better for that child to be sold or given away rather than stay in the home of one who doesn't want him/her- unless they were sold to someone who wanted them to be prostitutes. But that's a different issue.

But yeah - if an adult person enjoys sex and wants to sell it - it's none of my business.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 11:07 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Nope, couldn't do it. I don't have a problem with consenting adults agreeing to a price.
I don't think the government should be involved except maybe for taxation and a strict disease testing policy.
I share those sentiments, for the most part.

I 'd starve, if I had to depend on income from that; (no customers),
but I see nothing rong in principle with paying for requested sexual services.

The same way that getting a massage is OK,
anything else shoud be too.
(Possibly, I don 't know whether there shud be any exceptions that I have not thawt of.)

Its none of government 's business.
Government was never granted jurisdiction to interfere with that.

David
0 Replies

darthgieob

Reply Mon 22 Sep, 2014 07:30 pm
@Chumly,
i can provide a better option for $$
0 Replies

NightFlirt

Reply Sun 16 Jun, 2019 02:29 pm
@Telamon,
It should be under the province of the two contenting adults. I enjoy getting paid for doing something that that most girls do for free with their boyfriends. But then again do you gentlemen really think your girlfriends will give it up if you don't buy them gifts and and take them out to dinner and the club? We are all prostitutes, some of us are just more honest about it.
0 Replies