Losing Weight w/out my Doctor?

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 10:37 am
Hi, I'm 13 and I recently went to a weight loss camp in New Jersey. It did help me lose a lot of weight but I realized I'm not ready to be that far away from my grandparents. So I wanna know how I get a weight loss system that is effective at home, without consulting my doctor. I have talked to her before and what she said doesn't help at all. I want to lose weight before my freshman year but not have to work my butt off in the summer. HELP!

Tori.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,813 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Caroline

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 11:07 am
@utzler14,
I did the thousand calorie a day diet, check with your Dr first though. Smile
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 04:25 pm
@utzler14,
Follow the same food choices and exercise regimen from the camp. The only difference is you will be depending on yourself to motivate you and not a counselor. You'll also be depending on yourself to portion control the amount of food and not a cook in a cafeteria.

If you have some friends or siblings who can go through the routine with you, that will add some competitive motivation and support.

If you have a friend with a mother willing to teach you how to cook healthfully, take some lessons from them to learn about nutrition and how to add flavor to your food without adding lots of fats, salts and sugars.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 04:40 pm
@Caroline,
Thousand calorie a day is a very iffy diet, too low calorie; plus the nutrition that makes up calories matters.

Two threads to look at here:

read at least several pages into it, and check what Green Witch says -
http://able2know.org/topic/35752-1

people on this thread have lost weight responsibly:
http://able2know.org/topic/120307-1
ossobuco

Reply Sat 28 Aug, 2010 05:00 pm
@utzler14,
utzler14 wrote:

Hi, I'm 13 and I recently went to a weight loss camp in New Jersey. It did help me lose a lot of weight but I realized I'm not ready to be that far away from my grandparents. So I wanna know how I get a weight loss system that is effective at home, without consulting my doctor. I have talked to her before and what she said doesn't help at all. I want to lose weight before my freshman year but not have to work my butt off in the summer. HELP!

Tori.

I'd listen to your doctor. You apparently want easy weight loss fast fast fast. You don't want to work your butt off. This sets you up for years of fad dieting, where your doctor's advice is likely more wise.
0 Replies

Caroline

Reply Sun 29 Aug, 2010 07:08 am
@ossobuco,
No it's not iffy, it depends what you eat, I used to eat a healthy balance.
0 Replies

simonaderson

Reply Mon 20 Sep, 2010 05:49 am
@utzler14,
hi...................
I have increased my Lexapro from 10mgs to 20mgs over a year ago. It has helped stabilise my moods and my rages, however, it has only been recently after 4 weeks of rigorous exercise and healthy eating that I have noticed i am not losing weight AT ALL after gaining a good 11kgs (around 22 pounds) when usually on any previous diet I would have lost at least something.

thanks
0 Replies

Carters

Reply Wed 22 Dec, 2010 06:00 am
for kids 13 to 17 years kids its growing stage you eat your proper diet but also have exercise you maintain your fitness.
0 Replies