IS THE "TEA PARTY" REALLY A POPULIST MOVEMENT?

High Seas

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:00 am
@msolga,
Perhaps your perception of sanity isn't all you take it to be - consider that possibility before you venture further into hangings Smile
msolga

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:07 am
@High Seas,
And you are a bit of a silly sausage if you can't see a person actually try to help you get out of a corner you've gotten yourself into.

High Seas

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:17 am
@msolga,
This isn't meant in any way personally by me; I clearly stated so at the start, so if you wish to make it personal you'll have to find someone else to discuss your personal views. As to all of "America" being overcome by "insanity" as the leftist rag asserts, and in need of comedians to "restore sanity" please stay with that view, and see who else concurs with it after election results on Tuesday. See you then, if by then you wish to discuss facts, not fantasies Smile
Setanta

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:20 am
Miss Olga at no time commented on her personal views on sanity. She simply mentioned a rally which has been billed as an effort to restore sanity. Many, and probably most politically aware, Americans already knew this. You're ranting here in a really nasty way about what people don't know and what they ought to know and you're not even aware of this event, which, as Miss Olga points out, is taking place in the capital. If anyone here has a knowledge problem, it's you.
msolga

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:24 am
@High Seas,
Oh I give up.
Do you ever admit to a stuff-up?
(I wasn't even asking you to. But you insist on making things worse for yourself by the minute!)
Honestly, High Seas. Neutral

Carry on with your silliness as much as you like, if you choose ...
0 Replies

High Seas

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:35 am
@Setanta,
The issue isn't a knowledge problem - the issue is plagiarism, as I made it abundantly clear.

I know Olga to be a person of good faith and wouldn't suspect her of deliberately plagiarizing from The Guardian or from any other text - it's careless and misleading writing on her part, but since she chooses to take this observation personally there's really no more to be said about it - by me at any rate.
Setanta

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:36 am
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:
he issue isn't a knowledge problem - the issue is plagiarism, as I made it abundantly clear.

You're delusional.
dlowan

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:41 am
@Setanta,
Sure...but she's making the case for the existence of the very insanity that is being rallied against with brilliant success...so I'm for just encouraging her to go on doing so.
msolga

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:43 am
@dlowan,
And I'm for a jolly good lie down!
Sheesh.
Setanta

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:44 am
@dlowan,
Well, you've got a good point there . . . although she never needs much encouragement.
dlowan

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:48 am
@Setanta,
True.
0 Replies

dlowan

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:49 am
@msolga,
msolga wrote:

And I'm for a jolly good lie down!
Sheesh.

And a bex and a cup of tea?
High Seas

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:52 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

High Seas wrote:
he issue isn't a knowledge problem - the issue is plagiarism, as I made it abundantly clear.

You're delusional.

Hardly - since I can prove exactly what I'm saying. As would you if you bothered to read the post on the previous page:
Quote:
If you're quoting from some source, it's customary to place the quote (verbatim) in quotation marks and name the source. Otherwise it appears to be your own opinion and readers not inclined to be impeccably polite (as I, for one, have invariably been with you) might accuse you of plagiarism

msolga

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:52 am
@dlowan,
Yep, something like that. Smile
dlowan

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 06:55 am
@msolga,
They don't still make bex, do they?

It was the first word I learned to spell, because of the radio advert..."B E X, Bex!"
msolga

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 07:01 am
@dlowan,
Panadol is the new Bex, Deb.
(No, I don't think they make Bex powders (yech!) anymore.)
Setanta

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 07:04 am
@High Seas,
She wasn't quoting from a source, she was using the name the organizers of the rally had given it quite a long time ago. It's not plagiaism at all, and you're still delusional.
dlowan

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 07:07 am
@msolga,
I suspect Bex did better as a placebo for stress, though, because it tasted vile.

Placebos that cause discomfort in some way tend to work better.
High Seas

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 07:09 am
@Setanta,
Just so I understand this: you don't think that citing a title given to something by someone else should be cited in quotation marks? It's customary, whether you think it or not.
Setanta

Sat 30 Oct, 2010 07:10 am
@dlowan,
There's a great line in one of Patrick O'Brians Royal Navy novels in which the physician, Stephen Maturin, who serves as a Navy surgeon is described as always keeping a large store of various vile tasting ingredients to add to the medicines he makes up for the officers and crew. The comment was "they knew they had been physicked."