Do you believe all religions are truly one and the same?

zgreatarteest

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 03:00 am
Re: There is PROOF!
QKid wrote:
Look guys. There is proof of the existence of God (Creator). And it is not so complicated that no one can understand. Here it is.
When we look around us at everything we can sense one factor is shared by these things, and that is that they are all limited. By limited we mean that they have restrictions, a starting point and an ending point, and they all have definable attributes, i.e. they are finite. Man is born and he dies. There is no one alive who will not die. During his life span, he will grow to a certain shape, height and volume. The universe is defined as all the celestial bodies and planets. All these objects have a certain mass, shape, volume and so on. The life span of a star may be very long, but a point in time will come when it will cease to exist.
The universe is large, but is still a 'finite' space. NO scientist could ever prove using hard facts that the universe has no bounds. In fact when they say the universe arose from a Big Bang and is expanding they inherently admit it is finite in size, otherwise it could not expand! There is nothing in reality which is unlimited. No matter how hard we try, man is unable to find anything unlimited around him. All he can perceive is the finite and limited.
A further attribute of everything around us is that they are all needy and dependent in order to continue existing. They are not self sustaining or independent. Man has needs. He has to satisfy in order to survive. He has organic needs. Man must eat and drink if he is to survive. If he does not he will die. We see need and dependency in plants and animals. They depend On other parts Of the food chain for their existence. The water cycle is dependent On the sun, which is dependent on the laws of the galaxies and of burning mass, and SO on... Nothing man can perceive is self-subsistent. So things exist, but do not have the power of existence. They cannot control when they die or when other bodies die. There is one fact that emerges from all this. If something is limited and finite, and does not have the power to be self-subsistent then it must have been created.
Applying this to everything we see will bring us to a conclusion. If everything in the universe is created because it has not the power of being in existence on its own, and is finite and limited, then there must be a Creator. This Creator by contrast has to be unlimited and not needy and dependent on anything to bring It into, or sustain It's existence.
The universe; the sum of finite and dependent objects is finite and dependent -but dependent on what? Dependent on something to start and sustain life, something to plan and develop life. The only rational and intellectual solution to the question Of creation is that there is a Creator which has accounted for all that we see and perceive. Rational tells us that nothing can be created without a creator. Ultimately there must be a Creator who is unlimited in every aspect.

Conclusion:
Since everything in the universe is limited, it must mean that it didnt exist at one point. Thus it had to be created. God did it.

I did not write this. But I have taken a class which explained it very similarly. If u have any questions, ofcourse reply.

Sorry to be so long welcoming you aboard. Only question I have for
you is where have you been? I welcome your sanity with open arms.
0 Replies

satt fs

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 04:30 am
zgreatarteest..
You have your own answer.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 07:04 am
QKid wrote:
Look guys. There is proof of the existence of God (Creator). And it is not so complicated that no one can understand. Here it is.
When we look around us at everything we can sense one factor is shared by these things, and that is that they are all limited. By limited we mean that they have restrictions, a starting point and an ending point, and they all have definable attributes, i.e. they are finite. Man is born and he dies. There is no one alive who will not die. During his life span, he will grow to a certain shape, height and volume. The universe is defined as all the celestial bodies and planets. All these objects have a certain mass, shape, volume and so on. The life span of a star may be very long, but a point in time will come when it will cease to exist.
The universe is large, but is still a 'finite' space. NO scientist could ever prove using hard facts that the universe has no bounds. In fact when they say the universe arose from a Big Bang and is expanding they inherently admit it is finite in size, otherwise it could not expand! There is nothing in reality which is unlimited. No matter how hard we try, man is unable to find anything unlimited around him. All he can perceive is the finite and limited.
A further attribute of everything around us is that they are all needy and dependent in order to continue existing. They are not self sustaining or independent. Man has needs. He has to satisfy in order to survive. He has organic needs. Man must eat and drink if he is to survive. If he does not he will die. We see need and dependency in plants and animals. They depend On other parts Of the food chain for their existence. The water cycle is dependent On the sun, which is dependent on the laws of the galaxies and of burning mass, and SO on... Nothing man can perceive is self-subsistent. So things exist, but do not have the power of existence. They cannot control when they die or when other bodies die. There is one fact that emerges from all this. If something is limited and finite, and does not have the power to be self-subsistent then it must have been created.
Applying this to everything we see will bring us to a conclusion. If everything in the universe is created because it has not the power of being in existence on its own, and is finite and limited, then there must be a Creator. This Creator by contrast has to be unlimited and not needy and dependent on anything to bring It into, or sustain It's existence.
The universe; the sum of finite and dependent objects is finite and dependent -but dependent on what? Dependent on something to start and sustain life, something to plan and develop life. The only rational and intellectual solution to the question Of creation is that there is a Creator which has accounted for all that we see and perceive. Rational tells us that nothing can be created without a creator. Ultimately there must be a Creator who is unlimited in every aspect.

Conclusion:
Since everything in the universe is limited, it must mean that it didnt exist at one point. Thus it had to be created. God did it.

I did not write this. But I have taken a class which explained it very similarly. If u have any questions, ofcourse reply.

As others have already mentioned, while this is an interesting grouping of words here, Q, it is not a proof of the existence of any gods.

Interestingly enough, though, you do capture one concept that may lead to the opposite direction from which you were headed.

If the universe is infinite -- if space, time, and spacetime are all infinite -- it is almost certain there are no gods. IT IS NOT CERTAIN -- but if those things are infinite, the NEED for gods -- the NEED for creation, is greatly diminished.

Obviously, we have no idea of whether or not the universe is finite or infinite.

Science can make a reasonable case that the thing we refer to as the universe, began as the result of a Big Bang -- but even the likes of Steven Hawking acknowledges that we do not know if "what we refer to as the universe" -- is actually the UNIVERSE.

Big Bangs may be going on all the time all over the place -- and we are not nearly advanced enough to be able to discern that kind of activity. Hell, we can't even see to the extremes we can infer exist in this finite portion of the UNIVERSE.

And as Asherman pointed out, it actually is easier to conceive of the UNIVERSE as infinite rather than finite.

If it turns out, however, that the reality is that THIS IS ALL THERE IS -- and that it is finite -- that would not be proof of any gods in any case.

AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY -- it would not be proof of a GOD who indicates slavery is okay; homosexuality is punishable by death; people with physical defects profane holy places with their very presence; unruly kids should be stoned to death by townfolk -- or any of the other bits of nonsense that some want to suppose are components of the GOD.

Hey, if it is any consolation, though, this "proof" is no different from the proofs offered by the like of Aquinas, Anselm, or the other people who want to suppose they can prove what appears to be unproveable at present.

And you have the consolation of knowing that gullible people like Z buy into it.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 12:05 pm
truth
Well, put, Frank. I have great difficulty conceiving a FINITE universe, unless we considered it to have an environment, consisting possibly of other universes. But TO ME, it would then be THAT environment which merits the term, "universe." And THAT universe is BOUNDLESS if "it" has no environment.
But at base, I feel that the above statements have no more than a perfectly artificial, culturally constituted linguistic reality. The terms, "finite" and "infinite" are abstractions having no empirical (only conceptual) referents. Even the abstraction, "finite," must take its meaning from its contrast: "infinite." As I see it "the universe" refers to a profoundly mysterious reality, something that is (perceptualy and conceptually) unfathomable to me and all human beings. We can and do make up metaphors to stand for this mystery (and thus psychologically demystify it), but we may also simply enjoy its awesome mystery. I often represent it with the Hindu metaphor, Brahman, but I do not think for one minute that in doing so I have reduced the awesome "totality" of this boundless Ultimate Reality to some distinct, relative and knowable entity. I am comfortable with the minimal realization that whatever "it" is, I am an intrinsic part of it. I cannot stand apart from "it" and treat it as an objective phenomenon--any more than I can justifiably think that "the universe" is that which is only on the OTHER side of the telescope.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 12:33 pm
Right you are, JL.

To suppose for a second that you can offer a "proof" of something by positing a "finite universe" (or an "infinite" universe, for that matter) is absurd.

A proof demands that all of its elements be proved.

In any case, I've never seen an instance of any "proof" for or against the existence of God or gods that hold any water at all.

If one wants to suggest that he or she is convinced (for whatever reason and by whatever evidence) that there is a God -- or that there are no gods...

...so be it.

But to suppose that one can come to a public forum and aver that he/she can PROVE the existence of God...is beyond the pale.

But...sometimes this is what you get to deal with in these forums -- and you deal with it.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 05:38 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Right you are, JL.

To suppose for a second that you can offer a "proof" of something by positing a "finite universe" (or an "infinite" universe, for that matter) is absurd.

A proof demands that all of its elements be proved.

In any case, I've never seen an instance of any "proof" for or against the existence of God or gods that hold any water at all.

If one wants to suggest that he or she is convinced (for whatever reason and by whatever evidence) that there is a God -- or that there are no gods...

...so be it.

But to suppose that one can come to a public forum and aver that he/she can PROVE the existence of God...is beyond the pale.

But...sometimes this is what you get to deal with in these forums -- and you deal with it.

I have never thought or supposed that I could prove God exist. If you
want to go back and look at all I have written you would hopefully see
that I have never tried to prove that He exist. That's his job. God
doesn't need or want my help to prove that He exist. He has already
done a wonderful job of that Himself. Sorry you and others can't crawl out from under reason long enough to grasp that. Proving spiritual
understanding with carnal reason is like chasing your tail. I will give you all high commendations on having proved that without doubt.
0 Replies

QKid

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 10:21 pm
Back with answers
Craven de Kere
You claim that my statements are false. Well u know what, u cant prove it to me that it is false. U see u can make accusations that I am wrong or incorrect but with no evidence to support that, it is not valid. I am simply saying that if you think I am wrong then prove it to me or else I am right. How can you say what I claim to be "false"? Show me man.

You also said "The existence of something is no indication that it was "created"". Well y don't you apply it to your daily life. Everything around u is limited. Whether it is in size, weight, height, etc. Nothing is limitless. Everything is limited. Everything was created with these limits. Show me something that is not limitless? How can u not believe that u were not created? Or that nothing was created? U cannot prove that we don't exist. Don't make accusations which u cannot back up.

Asherman
U said it yourself that recent evidence shows that the Universe is limited. All I am saying is that if the universe is finite, then that means that it did not exist at one point. But now all that I am saying is that since the Universe does exist, then it had to be created at one point with the limits. So therefore something created it. Bringing the term "God" gets everyone all full of energy. So lets use the term "Creator" for now. And the universe is limited because everything in the universe is limited in size, shape, weight, height, etc.

JLNobody
Well it is easy to answer your question. You asked, "Qkid, and on what basis can you logically deny that your creator god had to be created by some superior creative power?". Well I am claiming that the Creator, created everything in the entire universe. Well we must now understand the meaning of "Creator". Because to be able to create anything, it means to make something from nothing. The only way to do that is to be unlimited and limitless in power. Be realistic, noone in the universe can create something from nothing. Can u give me an example of anyone who can? No. So to be able to create something, you must be all powerful and limitless in every way. So u asked how can I be sure that the Creator was not created Himself? Well if he was created himself, then u would be LIMITING Him. And He would be in the creation Himself. The Creator of the universe has to be unlimited and that means He cannot be created Himself.

You also said "A wooden house must have been CREATED". No this is not the same definition of "created" that I am using. To create means to make something from nothing.

To Everyone:
Look guys, just read what I am saying and dont jump to conclusions right away. Just think about what is being said. Sit down and think about the terms Creator and Limited.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Mon 29 Dec, 2003 11:13 pm
You have misread me, and I believe many of the others who responded to your earlier post(s). In fairness to your assertions, I acknowledged that in the not distant past some qualified scientists calculated that there wasn't enough mass to counteract the expanding universe and draw it back together in a Big Crunch. However, currently all of the traditional models are being questioned and rethought. I believe that most scientists and mathematicians working within cosmology today still regard the universe as infinite, rather than finite. Both Dark Matter and Quantum Theory are fundamentally about an infinite universe, or an infinite number of universes. A finite universe just isn't a very popular point-of-view because the evidence seems to argue otherwise, and if the universe is finite we would have to radically revamp the equations that sure seem to describe what we see.

Your logic that because something exists, it must have a beginning and an ending, is terribly flawed. Existence might be infinite, or it might be as we Buddhists assert, illusory. Illusion (zero) and infinity might be the same thing. In either case, no creator is absolutely required to explain the perceptual world.

However, let us suppose that the mundane universe did have a creator. Why should the creating body not be a committee of many gods, or a wholly different god than the one you supposed to exist?

You and Zgreat seem to brush off the need for reason and logic when it comes to forming our beliefs about the nature of the universe that we apparently live within. Ouch! To abandon reason, and conform our thoughts, words and action to emotion or faith in some authority is a sure prescription for trouble. "Don't think, just obey." Almost by definition that is slavery. "Kill those who disagree with ME/US, and god will provide a paradise as your reward." Murder made holy by faith, and failure to reason.

In the novel 1984 a totalitarian utopia is built on the manipulation of thought, and enforced by the Thought Police. Orwell was thinking about the Nazis and the Communists, but Christians and Muslims have been in the thought control business far longer, and with shockingly similar results. A book asserts a miracle, the suspension of the natural laws of mathematics and physics, why would anyone believe such nonsense? Do ye believe in fairies, Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny? To you think that you can trisect an angle, or construct a perpetual motion machine?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:06 am
Re: Back with answers
QKid wrote:
Craven de Kere
You claim that my statements are false. Well u know what, u cant prove it to me that it is false.

I am having a hard time proving to a homeless guy that he is not Napoleon as well.

In short, my inability to convince you is of no consequence to me.

Quote:
U see u can make accusations that I am wrong or incorrect but with no evidence to support that, it is not valid.

I provided the "evidence". I illustrated the absurdity of your "logic" and your "proof".

To counter it you ignore it and simply claim I have presented "no evidence". Laughing

How convenient.

Quote:
I am simply saying that if you think I am wrong then prove it to me or else I am right.

That's exactly what the homeless guys says. :wink:

Thing is, you again utter a falsehood. Whether I prove you wrong or not has no bearing on whether you are right. Laughing

Quote:
How can you say what I claim to be "false"? Show me man.

I did. I showed you that each logical step you made was utter folly. The "proof" you touted was risible.

All you did is construct a series of self-proclaimed axioms.

I will again parody your brain fart.

• If the human species exists it evolved.
  • If humans evolved they were not created.
  • Ergo, god did not create man.

Now the logical sequence is not flawed. But it's based on the assumption that the axioms are correct.

The above list is idiotic unless the initial axiom is correct.

Now your brainfart was even more idiotic as it contained an unsupported axiom on each single step of the convoluted "logic".

You start with the unproven assumption that "everything" is limited. You probably mean "everything except my god" but despite that idiotic irony you trudge onward.

You continue by saying that it is somehow proof that man is created. This is a leap of faith that has absolutely no basis but you won't let that stop you. It is only because you say so.

Then you continue to say that since all were created there must be creator. This is another leap of faith with no substantiation whatsoever. There is no reason to assume a singular creator, there is no reason to assume a cognisant entity at all.

Now despite all these idiocies you neglect the self-defeating aspects of your arguments.

As an axiom you posited that all things are finite and that all things were created. Now to avoid hillarious irony you really need to exclude god from this or you will have only created a fool's paradox. Yet if you do so you will have no basis for the exclusion, just as you had no basis for the idiotic axioms.

Now even if we get past all that bullshit being sold as "proof" there is still the very elementary logical flaws that pepper your claptrap.

Your proposed axioms are nothing more than cum hoc ergo propter hoc arguments. Here is an example of a similar one:

"I prayed and the rain stopped. Therefore prayer can stop rain."

But the most glaring idiocy that you employ in your argument is that you beg the question.

You seek to establish something and to "prove" it you include in your arguments the assumption that what you seek to prove is true.

This is the most idiotic form of argument that exists and to help demostrate this I will give you an example in a simple form.

Person A and person B are arguing about who is right.

Person B argues: "I will prove that you are wrong. Hear me out. I didn't wtite this by the way but it's proof dammit.

The reason that you are wrong is because I am right. And if I am right while declaring that you are wrong then you can't be right. And you must be wrong."

That mental flatulence is exactly what you exhibit here. To proove that god exists you assume he both exists and created everything. Rolling Eyes

It's basically:

"I will prove that god exists."

"God created everything. Therefore God exists."

Sheer idiocy.

Now QKid, there may well be a god. I have not spent any time arguing against that posibility with you. What I did do is claim that the argument you posted was insipid. And it is for so many reasons that I don't much care if you don't agree.

After all, how can the homeless guy be Napoleon if I'm Napoleon. Laughing
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:14 am
Re: Back with answers
QKid wrote:
Craven de Kere
You claim that my statements are false. Well u know what, u cant prove it to me that it is false. U see u can make accusations that I am wrong or incorrect but with no evidence to support that, it is not valid. I am simply saying that if you think I am wrong then prove it to me or else I am right. How can you say what I claim to be "false"? Show me man.

You also said "The existence of something is no indication that it was "created"". Well y don't you apply it to your daily life. Everything around u is limited. Whether it is in size, weight, height, etc. Nothing is limitless. Everything is limited. Everything was created with these limits. Show me something that is not limitless? How can u not believe that u were not created? Or that nothing was created? U cannot prove that we don't exist. Don't make accusations which u cannot back up.

Asherman
U said it yourself that recent evidence shows that the Universe is limited. All I am saying is that if the universe is finite, then that means that it did not exist at one point. But now all that I am saying is that since the Universe does exist, then it had to be created at one point with the limits. So therefore something created it. Bringing the term "God" gets everyone all full of energy. So lets use the term "Creator" for now. And the universe is limited because everything in the universe is limited in size, shape, weight, height, etc.

JLNobody
Well it is easy to answer your question. You asked, "Qkid, and on what basis can you logically deny that your creator god had to be created by some superior creative power?". Well I am claiming that the Creator, created everything in the entire universe. Well we must now understand the meaning of "Creator". Because to be able to create anything, it means to make something from nothing. The only way to do that is to be unlimited and limitless in power. Be realistic, noone in the universe can create something from nothing. Can u give me an example of anyone who can? No. So to be able to create something, you must be all powerful and limitless in every way. So u asked how can I be sure that the Creator was not created Himself? Well if he was created himself, then u would be LIMITING Him. And He would be in the creation Himself. The Creator of the universe has to be unlimited and that means He cannot be created Himself.

You also said "A wooden house must have been CREATED". No this is not the same definition of "created" that I am using. To create means to make something from nothing.

To Everyone:
Look guys, just read what I am saying and dont jump to conclusions right away. Just think about what is being said. Sit down and think about the terms Creator and Limited.

KUDOS, BRAVO, STANDING OVATION AND THE LIKE. I wish you could
get all those guys to sit down and think a little, but they won't. They can't
prove or disprove a Creator with logic or mathematics or all those nutty
scientific ideas that make no sense to rational scientist. One case in point
for all you logic seekers. - There are isolated radio halos of plonium-214
in crystalline granite. The half-life of this element is 0.000164 seconds!
To record the existence of this element in such short time span, the
granite must be in crystalline state instanteneously. This run rampartly
counter to evolutionary estimates of 300 million years for granite to form.
That craps right in the face of a lot of Phd holders. They don't want to
here about it either because it runs counter to what they have been
believing and teaching all these years. They would have to rewrite all
their books if they embraced proof of the truth. Big bang my butt!

I got a lot more for you, but you don't want to hear it. It would step on
all your logic. You want a Creator you can figure out. If you could figure
him out, He wouldn't be smart enough to create anything. What have
you physically created ever. I don't mean built? I mean caused to exist
from nothing. Show me something you did and I'll listen to your logical
blather.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:23 am
zgreatarteest,

All you do is kiss up to QKid and whine about people not agreeing with you. Have an original thought.

You continue to claim that everyone who disagrees with you reguses to think. Quit the idiotic "emperor's new clothes" argument and put your money where your mouth is.

Simply whining that "everyone here won't open their eyes" is not thinking. It is an ad hominem because you are incapable of arguing the issue.

So you can continue to simply say people don't think, but by doing so you avoid thought yourself by simply calling the messenger names and not addressing the message.

You make up really foolish nonsense like "You want a Creator you can figure out" and such feeble attempts at psychology are your only stock and store.

You are the only one here who exhibits an absolute inability to state your case, and your arguments are entirely based on your whining about how people don't agree with you.

To disguise the inability to make a point you simply claim that everyone "refuses" to see.

Again I invoke the hobo, the homeless man. He too exhibits great frustration that nobody is willing to "open their eyes" and recognize him for the man he is: Napoleon.

Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 12:25 am
truth
Qkid, I'm sorry, but unlike Asherman and Craven de Kere, who have shown the compassion to take your ramblings seriously, I just can't. The same applies to you, Zg.....teest. I'm so glad you have each other.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 01:13 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
zgreatarteest,

All you do is kiss up to QKid and whine about people not agreeing with you. Have an original thought.

You continue to claim that everyone who disagrees with you reguses to think. Quit the idiotic "emperor's new clothes" argument and put your money where your mouth is.

Simply whining that "everyone here won't open their eyes" is not thinking. It is an ad hominem because you are incapable of arguing the issue.

So you can continue to simply say people don't think, but by doing so you avoid thought yourself by simply calling the messenger names and not addressing the message.

You make up really foolish nonsense like "You want a Creator you can figure out" and such feeble attempts at psychology are your only stock and store.

You are the only one here who exhibits an absolute inability to state your case, and your arguments are entirely based on your whining about how people don't agree with you.

To disguise the inability to make a point you simply claim that everyone "refuses" to see.

Again I invoke the hobo, the homeless man. He too exhibits great frustration that nobody is willing to "open their eyes" and recognize him for the man he is: Napoleon.

Laughing

Oh, I'm whining but you are not whining. I have well stated my case,
but you have no ability or desire to see that. You seem to be the whinner
in the bunch with no case at all. You ramble and call it arguing the issue.
At least I showed you a nail I can hang a hat on. You haven't even
shown me a wall to put a nail in. You can't even quote what I said. "I
want a Creator I can figure out". I said quite the opposite if you care
to go back and read it again. In fact, when you sober up, go back and
read what you wrote to Qkid and see if you can even make any sense
out of it. I'm always sucking up to Qkid huh? Make a rational statement
or two and I'll suck up to you. It doesn't matter to me where anybody
lives or who they think they are. If they got a little sense they have you
beat hands down. Since insulting people is about all you got going for
you in the brains department, you will probably appreciate that remark.
Getting down in the dirt is the only thing you seem to understand. Go
find a bridge to live under and get a life for crying out lould. Trouble with
you is you can dish it out, but you can't take it.. Whine about this for
a while since you you have no ability, that I've seen, to do much else
Come on and show us you can make and intelligent statement of your
own instead of just trying to insult and cut people up. Bet you can't
do it. Give us just a little bit of real information for a change. Excuse
me Lord but the devil made me do it.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 01:40 am
Re: truth
JLNobody wrote:
--any more than I can justifiably think that "the universe" is that which is on the OTHER side of the telescope.

Ever try looking through the end instead of the side of a telescope?
The point of view is awesome? Might even change your concept
about what is on the other side/end of it. Sorry, I'm just to heavy
for that mystic cloud you so graceously float around on. Hmmmmm.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 01:43 am
zgreatarteest wrote:

Oh, I'm whining but you are not whining.

I agree.

Quote:
I have well stated my case,
but you have no ability or desire to see that.

Here we disagree. I contend that you have not even "well stated" your sentence claiming to have done so.

Quote:

At least I showed you a nail I can hang a hat on. You haven't even
shown me a wall to put a nail in.

zgreatarteest, meet wall. Laughing

Quote:
You can't even quote what I said. "I
want a Creator I can figure out". I said quite the opposite if you care
to go back and read it again.

I used the copy and paste function. It is exactly what you wrote. Go back and read for yourself. Laughing

I can't be faulted for your inadequacies in reading and remembering what was written.

Quote:
In fact, when you sober up, go back and
read what you wrote to Qkid and see if you can even make any sense
out of it.

You are asking me to make sense out of nonsense. I decline. :wink:

Quote:
I'm always sucking up to Qkid huh? Make a rational statement
or two and I'll suck up to you.

I have never seen a more compelling argument to abandon reason. Shocked

Quote:
It doesn't matter to me where anybody
lives or who they think they are. If they got a little sense they have you
beat hands down. Since insulting people is about all you got going for
you in the brains department, you will probably appreciate that remark.

Not really, I have explored the brainfart you tout in depth. Your attempts to insult me will be as succesful as your attempts to make a coherent argument for your position.

Quote:
Getting down in the dirt is the only thing you seem to understand. Go
find a bridge to live under and get a life for crying out lould. Trouble with
you is you can dish it out, but you can't take it.. Whine about this for
a while since you you have no ability, that I've seen, to do much else
Come on and show us you can make and intelligent statement of your
own instead of just trying to insult and cut people up. Bet you can't
do it. Give us just a little bit of real information for a change. Excuse
me Lord but the devil made me do it.

I did. I carped both of your arguments and illustrated their absurdity. Your response is just a string of insults.

Ho hum. You are still not Napoleon. Rolling Eyes

Again, wanna try to defend your brainfarts? I have addressed them. All you do is make nonsensical claims that I can't "take" your insults. Laughing

It's laughable. When you are reduced to such levels it's not in any way insulting to me. I note that you are not able to defend the arguments you tout and the arguments you agree with.

So you pull the age old ad hom. How quotidian.

Like I said, put your money where your mouth. Anyone can come up with sophmoric insults. Why don't you try to address the series of fallacies I pointed out with the argument whose buttocks have your lip marks?

See, the condescending rhetoric is just icing on the cake. I addressed the arguments directly, you simply have the icing but no cake. This is because you are not able to address the issue without commiting a string of fallacies.

Your insults are a diversion from your inadequacy in defending your position. You can continue to prove my point. It's bound to be amusing for a few more rounds.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:04 am
I TOLD YOU THAT YOU WERE TOTALLY LACKING IN INFORMATION OF YOUR OWN. YOU DON'T EDIT
OTHERS INFO WELL EITHER. I'TS SADLY CUTE,
BUT TOTALLY BRAINLESS.

I BED MY CASE AND GO AND REST. GOD LOVE YOU
ANYWAY. LAUGH YOURSELF TO SLEEP.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:14 am
And now you are back to resorting to all caps. ;-)

Like I said, you are unable to address my argument. But on the other hand you have demonstrated commendable skill with the caps lock.
0 Replies

zgreatarteest

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 02:24 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
And now you are back to resorting to all caps. ;-)

Like I said, you are unable to address my argument. But on the other hand you have demonstrated commendable skill with the caps lock.

MY KEYBOARD HAS CAPS LOCK WHICH I DO HAVE MUCH SKILL.
your brain has lower case lock of which you are also skilled.

Shutting down now, FOR SURE.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 06:43 am
Some time ago I opened a thread about the wastage of energy on "religious debates". Unlike in non-religious debates all "evidence" is completely arbitrary...there are no "points of information" which inform most other debates...and with repect to to this particular question "sameness or otherwise of religions" is entirely in the eyes of the observer with respect to particular "social purposes".

So the real question is why we do we expend such energy ? The answer I give myself is that our lives are too often affected by the beliefs of others and we are thrashing around searching for the unobtainable in a continuous ocean of cognitive dissonance. This "mental writhing" is an inevitable byproduct of our reliance on what we call "knowledge" as partial but NOT total control.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2003 07:18 am
zgreatarteest wrote:
I have never thought or supposed that I could prove God exist. If you
want to go back and look at all I have written you would hopefully see
that I have never tried to prove that He exist. That's his job. God
doesn't need or want my help to prove that He exist. He has already
done a wonderful job of that Himself. Sorry you and others can't crawl out from under reason long enough to grasp that. Proving spiritual
understanding with carnal reason is like chasing your tail. I will give you all high commendations on having proved that without doubt.

Learn how to read before you start with all that phony indignation, Z.

Qkid wrote:
Quote:
There is proof of the existence of God (Creator). And it is not so complicated that no one can understand. Here it is...

To which you replied
Quote:
Sorry to be so long welcoming you aboard. Only question I have for you is where have you been? I welcome your sanity with open arms.

In any case, I did not direct my comment to you -- nor did I say it was about you.

Really -- learn to read!
0 Replies