My cousin is being controlled by her husband. Please help her mother and I help her!

Caroline

Reply Fri 27 Aug, 2010 09:49 am
@Bug8284,
Well that is good news, as long as she stays away from him all should be good.
0 Replies

mollydrew

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 06:56 pm
@Bug8284,
Until she wants out of the relationship there is nothing anyone can do. Her self esteem and common sense are not functioning properly. Unfortunately it may take her or her child being hurt to make this stop.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:26 pm
@Bug8284,
I apologise for not reading it all and analyzing it all but I did skim threw most of it.
I think that it is affecting you and your mental health as well,as it would also anyone else who cares. You may ask for her not to tell you all of the details of her situation as there is very little you can do.
Your friend will have to work this out for herself but as others have said let her know that you will always be there for her but her drama will only make your life more upsetting than what it needs to be.
Good luck and be thankful that you have the mindset that you do, the sad truth is that not all of us do.
Caroline

Reply Fri 3 Sep, 2010 07:34 pm
@Bug8284,
Keep us updated Bugs.
0 Replies

Bug8284

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 08:57 pm
@reasoning logic,
Thank you for all of that. I did have to tell her that I only wanted to hear positive things and no longer wanted to hear the bad things only, there is still separation between us but I just hope once all is done she comes around and sees that I was only there for her. Idk but I also had to make my aunt stop talking about it to me. I care but I felt so beat up, with all the drama... She is still away from him, in the apartment without him but due to my sanity, and blood pressure, I haven't heard anything so I guess no news is good news. My aunt is my best friend so I know if it gets bad she will turn to me. I'm ok with that but have learned for my husband and children to have the mother and wife they deserve, I have to set my "healthy boundaries!" which are working great for me right now! Thank you again for your concern about me and this mess!!!
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 11 Sep, 2010 09:06 pm
@Bug8284,
It is good that you are looking out for Yourself and your family, I just wish that I was as wise as you when I was younger.

Good luck and peace be upon your family. Reasoning Self Logic
0 Replies