chai2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:16 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
blueveinedthrobber wrote:

ossobuco wrote:

Speaking of fluff products, I've never understood a need for fabric softener...
but I feel fairly alone on that.

I've never purchased any so you're not alone.

Vinegar

put white vinegar in the rinse water, about a cup or so.

Gets the soap out of the clothes better, and also gets rid of static cling.

At any given time I have a gallon of vinegar in each bathroom, 1 in the laundry and one in the kitchen.

I keep a spray bottle of water mixed with some vinegar to disinfect counters, sinks, toilets, bathtubs, etc.

When I bring home produce, like tomatoes and cumcumbers, I rinse them in water, then give them a spray with the vinegar water too. I really prolongs the life of the veggies, as the oight goims get kilt.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:27 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Ah, yes, that good old candida controversy. Without debating whether or not it's real, my approach is to eliminate any food allergy possibility. Am I right to assume I cannot buy goat yogurt anywhere in Sarasota FL? Is Whole Foods not carrying it? I got to make yogurt and that means locating goat milk?

Many of my vegan friends call any dairy product form cows, as 'cow pus'. so that means the goat has to be organic goat. Um-mm, correct me if I'm wrong but over years of observing, I see many goats eat anything and everything in sight. As such, they must be regarded as a potentially polluted source. Or am I carrying that too far?

also, some nutritionists regard humans as not requiring any dairy after formative years ..even elimination after age 12. Is your view of this use of dairy is to help eliminate a problem wi8th temporary use of yogurt to fix this sensitivity?.

I bought the GY at WF, which also carries goat milk.

You make GY by adding a few spoonfuls of GY to the GM, as a starter.
Then, you can keep the last of the homemade GY as a starter for the next batch.

On the whole, I'm not enthusiastic about milk ragman. Like I've said elsewhere here on A2k, cow milk is for baby cows.
I do fine with soy milk, and I also like soy yogurt. The SY is expensive enough that I don't buy it unless I'm really in the mood for it.

I don't think the goats that live at Redwood Hills Farms are eating tin cans.

Yeah, goat milk is for baby goats, but, there must be something to this, because I really do feel better. Not that I felt "bad" before. It feels like my body is working more properly.

In general, I can't think of other foods I'm sensitive to, well, except mangos.

I'm not big on meat, in fact if I lived alone I'd proably be a vegetarian. It's too much temptation to eat meat when living w/ a carnivor. That said, I don't hunker down over a burgers or steaks. If I make a steak, I'm more likely to cut mine up and mix it with other stuff, over the course of a few meals.

Yeah, thinking of milk as pus does put one off. Like when I'm eating meat, I realize I'm eating something that had to die for my momentary pleasure.

That does bother me.
But, I'm not perfect.

Temporary use of GY?
Why would it have to be temporary if me and roland enjoy it, and it makes us feel good?
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:32 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Osso: you're right (not that you were attempting to censor) but back to the fluff.

Word is that fabric softener speeds up the degradation of clothes and helps them wear out quicker. B'sides, I like my clothes kind of rough. It's so butch (testosterone-laden).
chai2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:36 pm
@Ragman,
you know what ragman, I don't like most of my clothes too soft either.

doesn't feel clean.
chai2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:38 pm
@chai2,
I should have been born in Sparta
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:38 pm
@chai2,
I'm not suggesting you change a thing in your diet. I was querying to learn about how I (or anyone else) might vary a diet to assist getting rid of some sub-clinic issues.

I'm almost 100% vegan at this time as I eat no read meat at all and haven't for quite awhile. I use soy creamer in my coffee. Soy milk in my cereal..(not so happy about that taste). As for yogurt, I buy organic.
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:39 pm
@chai2,
Nah........ milk baths girlie... no good for you Wink

leave alone the asp Razz
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 04:43 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I'm not suggesting you change a thing in your diet. I was querying to learn about how I (or anyone else) might vary diet to assist getting rid of some sub-clinic issues.

Educate me please.

what are sub-clinic issues?
don't know what that means.

gotta fly, I'll be back after yoga.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 05:16 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
That's comforting..
0 Replies

Pronounce

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 05:40 pm
@chai2,
Yep, http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2007/04/06/300_070403024958204_wideweb__300x375.jpg
Ragman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 06:57 pm
@chai2,
The term should have been typed as subclinical, but I'm sure that wasn't what stopped you from looking it up. Using Wikipedia to define the term yields ... 'subclinical' is synonymous with asymptomatic:

"In medicine, a disease is considered asymptomatic if a patient is a carrier for a disease or infection but experiences no symptoms. A condition might be asymptomatic if it fails to show the noticeable symptoms with which it is usually associated. Asymptomatic infections are also called subclinical infections. The term clinically silent is also used.

Knowing that a condition is asymptomatic is important because:

* It may develop symptoms later and so require watch and wait or early treatment
* It may itself or be benign.
* It is required that a person undergoes treatment so it does not cause later medical problems such as high blood pressure and hyperlipidaemia.[1]
* Be alert to possible problems: asymptomatic hypothyroidism makes a person vulnerable to Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome or beri-beri following intravenous glucose."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
For example, sub-clinical depression means you might be very unhappy but can function at your job daily life - without needing medical or psychiatric help.

So back to the topic:

Usage of the hand sanitizer gel (like Purel) saves a lot of hand scrubbing..and helps get hands 'pretty clean'
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 12:22 pm
@Pronounce,
? what does that link and pic have to do with anything fluffy?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 10:52 am
this thread is why the internet is such a wonderful thing.

whodathunk such a simple thing as witch hazel could become a refreshing fixture in my morning routine.

I think of chai every morning when I go to w.....

ummmm. you know where that was headed... but thanks for the fluff.

Wink
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 03:51 pm
I did it again. I got suckered into buying that huge Ronco cutlery set that doesn't need sharpening. It was on 2 for one (wait, there's more) AND a flavor injector so I bought it and gave the extra set to squinney. They're actually great.... I can't believe it.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 04:59 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
A flavor injector? (I am so behind the times..)

On witch hazel, my mother liked it.. but for cleaning her face.
chai2

Reply Mon 29 Nov, 2010 05:02 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

On witch hazel, my mother liked it.. but for cleaning her face.

hmmm, wouldn't want to get the 2 areas mixed up.
0 Replies