Product of the Victim Culture kills 8

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 05:20 pm
Quote:
NEW HAVEN, Conn. – To those closest to him, Omar Thornton was caring, quiet and soft-spoken. He was excited to land a well-paying job at a beer delivery company a few years ago and his longtime girlfriend says they talked of marrying and having children.

But underneath, Thornton seethed with a sense of racial injustice for years that culminated in a shooting rampage Tuesday in which the Connecticut man killed eight and wounded two others at his job at Hartford Distributors in Manchester before killing himself.

"I know what pushed him over the edge was all the racial stuff that was happening at work," said his girlfriend, Kristi Hannah.

Thornton, a black man, said as much in a chilling, four-minute 911 call.

"You probably want to know the reason why I shot this place up," Thornton said in a recording released Thursday. "This place is a racist place. They're treating me bad over here. And treat all other black employees bad over here, too. So I took it to my own hands and handled the problem. I wish I could have got more of the people."

Thornton, 34, went on his killing spree moments after he was forced to resign when confronted with video evidence that he had been stealing and reselling beer.

Hartford Distributors president Ross Hollander said there was no record to support claims of "racial insensitivity" made through the company's anti-harassment policy, the union grievance process or state and federal agencies. Relatives of the victims also rejected the claims.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_beer_distributor_shootings

No doubt racism was responsible for his stealing from the company, and all the huge problems of this handsome guy who could get good women and who had a great job. Was Racism was also the reason he never went through the union or the company to address his perception that great wrongs were done to him? In his mind I bet it was.

The major flaw with the victim culture is that it teaches guys like this blame all their problems and hurt feelings on other people doing them wrong, they never look inside to address what is wrong with them. We see the exact same failure of introspection encouraged by the feminists when they try to convince women and judges that when something goes wrong in sex it must be the man's fault for not getting the proper authority for his actions.

But go to a therapist with a conflict and you will be told to not play the "blame game" to instead look inside yourself and try to figure out what your personal contribution to the problem is.

Those selling the victim culture and mental health professionals should have a conversation.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,064 • Replies: 1
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 05:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
And because criminals are the supreme exemplars of well-adjusted citizens, your rant tooootally makes sense.
0 Replies