Who enters who exits....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 74,244 • Replies: 848

Caroline

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:42 am
@RexRed,
Do you mean heaven, could you be more specific please?
TuringEquivalent

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:03 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

Who enters who exits....

You are killing this forum.
RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:48 am
@TuringEquivalent,
Well that is certainly one person's opinion...

And what is your great contribution to this forum? Please enlighten us...
dadpad

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:49 am
@RexRed,
Dont feed the trolls rex
RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:50 am
@Caroline,
I plan to be more specific. Please give me some time, I have other things on my plate too.

Hint: It has to do with being remembered.
RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:50 am
@dadpad,
Haha Smile
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:52 am
@Caroline,
Caroline wrote:

Do you mean heaven, could you be more specific please?

I think he just means the bathroom. Some people stay in the bathroom for a long time, and he is just trying to reassure us that they will eventually emerge.
RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 07:58 am
@kennethamy,
Hehe, that is an interesting take... See, had I spelled it out I would not have gotten these humorous guesses Smile
mm25075

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 01:07 pm
I've always thought there was a Gate.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 02:02 pm
@RexRed,
I wonder, too. What's behind the Green Door? When you say 'joe sent me' does it open?
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 02:48 pm
Well, here it is: Stairways to heaven...

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4479/paste143.jpg
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 03:08 pm
@Pemerson,
Well I remember that song..
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 04:32 pm
LOL funny, the door swings both ways.. Smile
Caroline

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 05:56 pm
@RexRed,
Is it this forum?

RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 06:31 pm
@Caroline,
My question is, what is it that makes a person remembered? Who are the people who you remember and who would you rather forget and why?

Why are people with negative lives remembered? Bandits, train and bank robbers, dictators, philosophers, philanthropists...

What accomplishments in someone's life allows them to enter though the giant door and what makes a person fall out of favor and be expelled from historical remembrance?

The giant door is where giants enter. What makes a person a giant among their peers?

Some people have been sought during their lives and nearly wiped from the pages of time only to later become saints after they are gone.

Some enter, some exit this giant door of posterity....
Caroline

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 06:50 pm
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

My question is, what is it that makes a person remembered? Who are the people who you remember and who would you rather forget and why?
What makes a person remembered is when they do something great or something that changed history. The people I remember are those who were genuine and helpful, the people I forget are those who hurt me and were harmful, I don't give them a second thought.
RexRed wrote:
why are people with negative lives remembered? Bandits, train and bank robbers, dictators, philosophers, philanthropists...
We love a good scandal but they are remembered for terrible things whilst heroes are remembered for good things, respected.
RexRed wrote:
What accomplishments in someone's life allows them to enter though the giant door.
Many things, for instance, when they've done something that's made a difference, a great change, talent is another one.
RexRed wrote:
what makes a person fall out of favor and be expelled from historical remembrance?.
I don't know, I need a more specific example.

RexRed wrote:
people have been sought during their lives and nearly wiped from the pages of time only to later become saints after they are gone.
Do you mean when someone is conflicting with the times then times change and the person seems to be a saint because views change?
RexRed

Reply Sat 31 Jul, 2010 08:22 pm
@Caroline,
Quote:
Do you mean when someone is conflicting with the times then times change and the person seems to be a saint because views change?

Yes exactly, as someone who is once revered by sectors of society, for instance those despicable people who opposed civil rights and pushed for segregation were respected by quite a few actually but today most people see them (except for maybe some at Fox News) as evil monsters. So they exit the giant door (they never should have been allowed in.) Don't let the door hit you in the behind!

Joan of Arch was seen as a possessed heretic in her lifetime by the church and now she is admired by so many. So she stood at the giant door knocking and waited and it did not open to her until years after her tragic demise.
Caroline

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 12:06 am
@RexRed,
Not forgetting Van Gogh, died a beggar now his paintings are worth shed loads.
Caroline

Reply Sun 1 Aug, 2010 01:22 am
@Caroline,
People didn't rate his paintings until he died, that sucks!Smile