Taking pictures

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 09:45 am
I like to take pictures, but I don't like the colors when then sun isn't shining.

boomerang

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 09:53 am
Ha! I hardly ever take photos on sunny days. I don't like the shadows.

You could always change the color temperature of your photos in a program like photoshop or, if your camera allows, you can change the white blanace setting to change your color temperature.
DrewDad

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:04 am
@Dudley Bowring,
Er.... you took pictures of where the sun don't shine?
Dudley Bowring

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:05 am
@boomerang,
I've never gotten the hang of color balance.
Dudley Bowring

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 10:09 am
@Dudley Bowring,
I meant "color temperature."

Everytime I try to adjust for one thing, I end up not liking the way it changes the colors of skintones.
0 Replies

Dudley Bowring

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 12:06 pm
@DrewDad,
Ha ha.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 08:30 pm
@Dudley Bowring,
Unless they are distant shot, use flash on those days and you should be very pleased with the results.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 18 Aug, 2008 09:44 pm
@Dudley Bowring,
I love taking pictures; I just wish I could find the time.

I bought a lens for my camera that has an image stabilizer. I took some great shots at Fenway a few weeks ago that I really enjoy. Here's one:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5606/picture344xv4.jpg

Intrepid

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:13 am
@maporsche,
Is that a baseball diamond in the foreground?
maporsche

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 05:15 am
@Intrepid,
Sure is.

Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. They stomped the A's 12-2 in that game.
0 Replies

Dudley Bowring

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 09:20 am
@maporsche,
That's a very nice picture.
maporsche

Reply Tue 19 Aug, 2008 10:10 am
@Dudley Bowring,
It looks really dark on this screen...but very clear on others.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2008 08:10 pm
Ive been taking lots of black and whites with my new Canon. Ive also loaded my camera lenses with really goofy filter combinations (Digital cameras give you instant results so if you load two "Unfriendly filters" like 2 deep reds over a UV filter, you can get some neat skies behind your subjects (as long as there are clouds for contrast)

Also, using colors that match your subjects can make them "pop".

Im beginning to explore the breadth of black and whites capabilities and without being burdened by the time wait that film required is very cool.

Go into your color balance functions in your camera and screw around with B&W for a while. It can be very addictive, and if you dont like all the results, just crash em.
I went out and bought one of those electronic frames that scrolls through my flash card so I can study and replan some of my pics even before having my secretary do some photoshop features that I ask for. (IM not learning photoshop when I have someone who is good at it and I stand over her and together, we explore the tricks.
Like with the B&W, Ive been playing with adding just one or two hunks of colr that are compliments of each other and with pacement of the color areas, we can get some neat results also.
0 Replies