The a2k Anchor Club Meeting is a Convening today

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 03:21 am
@msolga,
Well, Dutchy can have a democratically erected second lifeguard chair. As long as it doesn't obstruct my view too much.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 03:49 am
@dagmaraka,
Two life guards are always better than one! (Says she diplomatically. Wink )

This may be the solution, dag! Idea

But, I'm thinking, there may be more applications yet! We might end up with more life guards than those of us needing to be saved! Razz
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:30 am
@msolga,
I guess we can geographically split the pool into two halves. It's a very large pool after all.

But we now need a second throne for Dag to sit on.

Perhaps you can find one you find appealing and comfortable to sit in dear Dag?
Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:33 am
@msolga,
at least they will all be sitting up on the high lifeguard chairs, sitting safely away from the treacherous water.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:37 am
Which water do we prefer; sea salt or chlorine pool? If the latter, we must elect a pool person, to test and add chemicals.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:39 am
@dagmaraka,
No, hang on, dag!

What do you mean, "away from the treacherous water"? Surprised
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:43 am
@edgarblythe,
Salt is more environmentally friendly and it sounds cooler then the regular pedestrian chlorine laced pool.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:45 am
@msolga,
Oooh bloody hell!!

Look what the construction company built into the southwest corner of the pool!
http://www.liquidlore.com/california/hospitalrock/hospital7.jpg

We're going to need to get that fixed soon!

That's quite dangerous!
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:46 am
@tsarstepan,
Okay. Don't forget, flesh eating bacteria sometimes crops up in the sea, as well as sharks, jellyfish and oil leaks.
msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Bloody hell is right! Shocked

Chlorine or saltwater, no way I'm going swimming in there!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 04:55 am
@edgarblythe,
Flesh eating bacteria! Shocked
Sharks! Shocked
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 05:03 am
@edgarblythe,
WE can just build on top of the section with the oil leak and call it our organic spa or something.

The flesh eating bacteria can be used for our dieting members as well.

How can we use the sharks and jellyfish to our advantage?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
Don't worry about sharks msolga, this life guard knows a few tricks to keep them at bay. Did you know they don't like being tickled under their belly or hate orange coloured objects, like an orange glove to push them away?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:16 pm
@dagmaraka,
I can dive, but only from the low board. Of course, once I reach the surface, I'm out of breath and no good at life saving. Plus there's that treading water business I'm no good at.

We could talk about flotation devices. Ice cubes in tea, for example. Or those things under the seat in airplanes. I just know I'd fumble with those, no matter how many times I read the unclear directions (different devices for different types of planes). Some of my pals were stewardesses (yes, dammit, stewardesses) and understood those contraptions.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:20 pm
@dagmaraka,
Ooh, aquatic boxing! A new olympic sport.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:24 pm
@tsarstepan,
Jellyfish, a chinese food delicacy. Sharks, also quite edible, as I remember.

My father was bitten on his hand by a dead shark off of the SF bay area, probably in the 1920's. Thus I've been scarred for life, hereditarily.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:25 pm
@Dutchy,
Really? that's neat..
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 06:27 pm
@ossobuco,
Shark fish, called "Flake" downunder is a delicasy ossobuco!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:00 pm
@Dutchy,
I've eaten shark many times, like it, but I don't have any idea what kind of shark showed up in our local grocery stores. Probably from off the california coast.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 07:41 pm
Shark fin soup (or shark's fin soup) is a Chinese soup that has been a popular item of Chinese cuisine since the Ming Dynasty,[1] usually served at special occasions such as weddings and banquets,[2][3] or as a luxury item in Chinese culture.[3]

There is controversy over the practice of shark finning which is used to source the signature ingredient for the soup. Consumption of shark fin soup has risen dramatically with the middle class becoming more affluent.[4] Animal rights activists and environmentalists[5] have called the practice brutal,[3] and it is also named as a primary contributing factor in the global decline of many shark species.[6]

China's growing economy has resulted in a large increase in demand for shark fins.[2] This increase in demand combined with the importance of this top predator in the ocean, has the potential to significantly alter oceanic ecosystems.[7]