Is having a girlfriend/fiance/wife over rated?

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 12:46 am
Wondering

sozobe

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 07:57 am
@james203,
Well, what rating do you think it has now, exactly?

I know people who have formed lots of different opinions about it based on what's out there, so I can't assume what you think.

If you'd rate it as all perfection and wonderfulness all the time, yes, that's overrated.

If you'd rate it as way more trouble than it's worth than generally speaking I'd say that's underrating it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:45 pm
What about having a boyfriend/fiance/husband?

I notice that fiance has become the word to use for a long-term partner and not just for a potential spouse.

When I think of the hassles to either a restaurant or a movie with the two longest running men in my life, being without a b/f/h seems nice.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:48 pm
@james203,
No! Having someone to share your life with and create memories together
as well as coping with life's set backs, is priceless. For everything else, there
are overrated credit cards Wink
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 01:57 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

What about having a boyfriend/fiance/husband?

I notice that fiance has become the word to use for a long-term partner and not just for a potential spouse.

When I think of the hassles to either a restaurant or a movie with the two longest running men in my life, being without a b/f/h seems nice.

What are you implying? We all know that girls have cooties! And their cooties have cooties. Those cooties have even more girlish cooties. Girls are infinite planes of fractal cootiedom!
http://i26.tinypic.com/33cn4tz.jpg
plainoldme

Reply Sun 25 Jul, 2010 04:10 pm
@tsarstepan,
That's why girlfriends/fiances/wives are over rated: they spread cooties! Cooties in the bed, cooties under the bed! Cooties in the kitchen! Cooties in the bath!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 6 Aug, 2010 08:39 am
I have been thinking of my ex-husband today. If I owned something he did not like, he would break it. If I had a garment he disliked, he would nag and nag every time I wore it. Before I met him in 1974, I bought a pants suit that I adored. It was made of some sort of knit fabric, as women's business clothes were then and consisted of a tunic with pants, which were the right length for me! The color was mauve. The tunic was short sleeved and scoop necked and I wore the suit as it was when the weather was mild but put a blouse or turtleneck under the tunic when it was chilly.

My husband objected to the two bands of trapunto stitching on each leg and each sleeve. Every time I wore it, he went on and on about how silly they looked and how it seemed that I had found a new way to shorten a garment. I put up with this for the year we dated and the first two years we were married. When my daughter was around five, I gave the tunic to her to play to dress up.

That is the sort of thing that makes a boyfriend/fiance/husband less than desireable.
0 Replies