Tobaccy?

Monger

Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2003 10:34 pm
I think most people who actually use that sort of lingo ("are you hopped up on the wacky tobaccy?") would think it had humorous intent.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 01:06 am
I think I'm gonna have to heighten my rudeness awareness. Maybe take a pill or something. Regardless of how you interpret the interchange, I don't see rudeness. I bit of sarcasm between friends--dudes and/or nondudes--doesn't strike me as rude. Have I been offending multitudes of people and not known it?

Piffka querida, What am I missing here?
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:43 am
Roberta! LOL Let's beat this dead horse about some more.

IMO the guy is not agreeing with the other. Instead, in a non-threatening (possibly even humorous) but sarcastic way he's making it quite clear that the Dude is wrong because his perceptions have been clouded.

It sounds like total agreement, but then why would he ask if the other is inebriated? To my ear, he's pointing out that the other person is losing it.

If you agreed with me about something I said, Roberta, and then asked if I were drunk... would you really be agreeing with me? Or would you be humoring me?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 08:49 am
I'd be either agreeing with you or humoring you. What I'm missing is the rude part.

But you're right. The horse is dead. Let's stop beating it and let it rest in peace. :-)
0 Replies