Repeatedly Tasered?

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:45 pm
This is ridiculous! Even if this woman had been a criminal, which she was not, repeated tasering? A person isn't going to get up and run once they have been tasered for pity sake! This is deplorable.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2010/07/15/sot.ricks.georgia.woman.tasered.cnn?hpt=C2
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,460 • Replies: 6
No top replies

tycoon

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:06 pm
Well dammit, maybe next time she's told to make a sammich, she'll listen.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:07 pm
@tycoon,
oy! Shocked
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
He was fired and the other was suspended. Firing is the least of what should have happened. I certainly hope there is an investigation into this. What he did was actually a criminal act.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:13 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

He was fired and the other was suspended. Firing is the least of what should have happened. I certainly hope there is an investigation into this. What he did was actually a criminal act.
Suspended and fired? That's it? Sheesh! These officers committed assault on that poor woman. She calls the police to help her and she ends up needing to be protected FROM THEM. Unbelievable. These officers know the cameras are on them. They are THEIR cameras yet they act as if it's nothing. They show such a horrible disregard for the sanctity of life, liberty, and dignity. I know not all police officers are like that and I thank God for the good ones!

My caps are only for emphasis. I am not hollering at anyone.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 03:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
I wonder is that behaviour is general or just in Georgia?
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:34 pm
@Intrepid,
Intrepid wrote:

I wonder is that behaviour is general or just in Georgia?

I really hate to say this but it's the truth as I have seen it, in the south it seems the police are more corrupt than they are in the north. I've lived both places and that is what I have observed. Whether it is due to racism or what, I can't speak to that.

At one time, I was told it was more dangerous in New Orleans because of the police than because of the criminals. I was told that by people that lived there so I took it to heart.
0 Replies