How do I accept my girlfriend's short skirt outfits?

dyslexia

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 04:46 pm
Man, I haven't got this much attention since someone posted that "noone can tell if The Dys is being sarcastic or not." pretty exciting. Oh well, honesty still seems to get the biggest hoopla.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Thu 15 Jul, 2010 04:57 pm
After all, it's just fashion. Depends on her age. Buy her some more clothes, maybe?
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:17 am
@Zboss,
Quote:
How do I accept my girlfriend's short skirt outfits?

With good grief or good grace depending upon the fashion.
0 Replies

fobvius

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 12:24 am
@contrex,
Quote:
if I was in a relationship with a guy who calls himself "Zee Boss" and who thinks I shouldn't wear short skirts in case other men see my legs and might want to "steal" me, then that relationship would very soon be over! Like NOW.

Couldn't agree, more.
Fido

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 05:36 am
@Zboss,
Zboss wrote:

I have insecurities and I have talked to my girl about this. I just am concerned about people trying to take over what I have worked so hard for. This is my first real relationship where I have to worry about guys tryin to steal my girl from me. She says she loves me and I have nothing to worry about and her friends that do way worst than her don't even dress that badly. I just need to know what I can do or if there's anything to do...

Also, how do you overcome your insecurities about this issue. I need advice because I'm not a person to deal with "almost" revealing clothing. I'm just faithful person trying to accept my girlfriend's outfits...

Join the club... You only have control over a girl that love gives you... You can get married, but the form will not protect you... If you want her love you have to earn that love, you have to do the hard work of relating, which is a dynamic process of give and take working toward a common goal... Do you have a common goal.. Go you think you can just get married and rest on the form??? If so, you are living in the past...
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 06:32 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

well . . . HOW SHORT is the skirt?

Are they out of the norm for the group you run with?

Does she stand out because of these short skirts?

Does she dress like this all the time?

You MAY be more sensitive than usual, or you MAY be reacting to her provocativeness.

Ask someone to help you do a reality check on the situation.

This is not good advice unless you actually bought a slave. If so, you have every right to demand she dress as you please. But I want to see your receipt.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:00 am
@fobvius,
Quote:
if I was in a relationship with a guy who calls himself "Zee Boss" and who thinks I shouldn't wear short skirts in case other men see my legs and might want to "steal" me, then that relationship would very soon be over! Like NOW.

Before I read your post, I was thinking the same thing. This guy sounds like he has major league insecurities, and attempts to conceal them by being controlling.

If I were the woman, I would be out of that realtionship..............fast!
Gargamel

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 07:50 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:

Do you like the way she looks in short skirts? If so, then enjoy it

exactly, and also realize that unless she is extremely loyal or is ugly if you are together long enough she is almost certainly going to have sex with some other guy at some point. Maybe that will be the end for you if you find out, but that would be your choice, it does not need to be that way. If a woman likes being with her man not only will she stay after she fucks around, but her getting out often makes the relationship better.

If you knew which side your bread is buttered on you would enjoy the skimpy outfits, and at least be able to tolerate some other guy getting to her. Her being happy is in your best interest, her thinking that you love her for who she is is in your best interest.

Wait a second, are you Mr. O' Malley, my embittered, alcoholic high school guidance counselor?

****. Every one of your posts now makes complete sense!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:00 am
@Phoenix32890,
Look, we don't even know how old this dude is. In spite of growing up with sisters and considering myself pretty open-minded about the nature of adult relationships, I had similar feelings during my first one, though not about clothing per se. I immediately recognized them as irrational and certainly not worth voicing to her. But I worked with her in the restuarant her dad owned, where she had grown up, where old boyfriends knew they could find her, and I worked with a mostly male staff, including one shitface who actually had the balls to say to me: "You know everyone wants to **** her, right?"

It's not uncommon for people in their first relationships to be overly concerned about losing the other person. For dudes that concern may manifest itself as it has with this particular cat. To whom the only advice I really have to impart is this: eventually you'll find out not only that worrying about **** like this is liable to turn her off, but that keeping cool and not tripping about other dudes, and actually believing that you're such a badass that she would never in her right mind leave you for some douchebag, is really going to turn her on.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:07 am
@Zboss,
Quote:
I have insecurities and I have talked to my girl about this. I just am concerned about people trying to take over what I have worked so hard for. This is my first real relationship where I have to worry about guys tryin to steal my girl from me.

Zboss- Look very carefully at what you have written. No one can "steal" your girl from you. It is her choice. By nagging her about her clothes, you are merely adding more stress to a relationship than either of you need.

There is a lovely line that I would like to quote here. Please read it carefully:

Quote:
“If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were.”
Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:11 am
@Phoenix32890,
This is the original quote
If you love something, Set it free… If it comes back, it’s yours, If it doesn’t, it never was yours….

Some have changed the something to somebody. The bottom line is that you cannot own somebody unless you are a slave owner. ( another topic)
Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:25 am
@Intrepid,
Quote:
I just am concerned about people trying to take over what I have worked so hard for.

Intrepid- Thanks for the correction.

Zboss. I am stuck on that line of yours that I quoted. Relationships aren't static. They are constantly evolving. It is not like buying a house, or a car, where the item "belongs" to you. People have to work at relationships.

I infer from your words that since you worked so hard to "get" this girl, you feel that you are somehow entitled to her undying devotion forever. Sorry man, life just does not work this way. I don't know how old you are, but from your words, I infer that you are either rather young, or not very experienced with solid relationships.

You are more likely to hold on to this relationship if you chill out, and accept this girl for what she is, short skirts and all. If you keep nagging at her, you ARE more likely to lose her.
InfraBlue

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:30 am
@Intrepid,
Yeah, well in Treehouse of Horror IV, "The Devil and Homer Simpson" the devil himself couldn't take possession of Homer's soul because it belonged to Marge, Homer having pledged it to her in writing (on the back of a wedding night photograph of Homer eating the entire wedding cake) some time after their wedding night. Homer, for all intents and purposes, was owned by Marge.
Intrepid

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:47 am
@InfraBlue,
We are talking about the real world.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 08:54 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Quote:
I just am concerned about people trying to take over what I have worked so hard for.

Intrepid- Thanks for the correction.

Zboss. I am stuck on that line of yours that I quoted. Relationships aren't static. They are constantly evolving. It is not like buying a house, or a car, where the item "belongs" to you. People have to work at relationships.

I infer from your words that since you worked so hard to "get" this girl, you feel that you are somehow entitled to her undying devotion forever. Sorry man, life just does not work this way. I don't know how old you are, but from your words, I infer that you are either rather young, or not very experienced with solid relationships.

You are more likely to hold on to this relationship if you chill out, and accept this girl for what she is, short skirts and all. If you keep nagging at her, you ARE more likely to lose her.

If you love some one, then you want for them what they want for themselves, and if that is to show a little leg, or to boink other boys, you still want it for them, and it may mean that you are not going to have a formal relationship with them... So Boo Hoo... Cry about it and get over it... I am going to take my own advice now, and see if it kills me...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:06 pm
I don't suppose those short skirts had something to do with zboss' attraction in the first place.

Nah!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:11 pm
@ebrown p,
ebrown p wrote:
...and no one leaves a good relationship for another person.
That is incredibly incorrect, people leave good relationships for another person all the time! The truth is that if she acts and dresses very provocatively (all else being equal) the chances are higher that she will leave him sooner.
GoshisDead

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:23 pm
@Chumly,
Chumly wrote:

ebrown p wrote:
...and no one leaves a good relationship for another person.
That is incredibly incorrect, people leave good relationships for another person all the time! The truth is that if she acts and dresses very provocatively (all else being equal) the chances are higher that she will leave him sooner.

but chances also are that he will have a lot more fun in that short time than he would have if she were more modest and stuck around for longer.
Chumly

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 02:33 pm
@GoshisDead,
I agree, what the hell, life is short, have fun!
0 Replies