Need support for family of federal prisoner

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 08:55 am
My oldest son has been in & out of trouble since he was 14 yrs. old. He already spent 2 yrs in the state penn. for charges he got when he stabbed a guy in a fight. He was out of prison for 2 1/2 yrs (approx.) and now he's been sentenced to 10 yrs Federal for being a felon in possession of a gun. And he has 2 new state charges he has yet to be sentenced for!
I cry & sleep, that's all I do. I need help!

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 14 Jul, 2010 12:57 pm
Jeannie - I am sorry for you that you have to go thru this heartbreak. Our children can do that to us.

He sounds like a very troubled man and he will be the safest he can be in jail. I know that sounds harsh, but hopefully he will get some help there.

Now about you . . . call the county jail chaplin and ask for support groups in your area. There must be families and other mothers going thru the same thing.
Get with others who can understand you and can direct you on how to deal with these sad and troublesome feelings. Do this ASAP so you don't get sick.

jeanniefranks

Reply Fri 16 Jul, 2010 04:47 am
@PUNKEY,
Thankyou Punkey! There's a program here called F.A.S.T. (Families Also Serve Time). I don't think it's a support group, but rathere a class to learn coping skills. I'm going to sign up for the next class when it starts. In the mean time all I can think of is fear that he will get beat up, & how much I already miss him. I can't imagine 10 yrs without him!
Jeannine
0 Replies