0
   

War in doubt, Millions of Americans might die as a result

 
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 04:58 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
That amounts to about 430,000 people who die needlessly every year.....1,200 people who die every day.... because of their addiction to cigarettes.
I was not aware that dieing was optional....thanks for the good news.
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:06 pm
@hawkeye10,
You should refrain from simple vacuity. Wait a while until you can really come up with something monumentally vacuous.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 05:10 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

You should refrain from simple vacuity. Wait a while until you can really come up with something monumentally vacuous
we are not all as smart as you, some of us have to make do with what we have as best we can.
0 Replies
 
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 06:01 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
If there is anyone in America who doesn't know the health risks of smoking cigarettes, it's because they have been living in a closet.

First time smokers aren't ignorant about the health risks, they simply do not see them as being as great as do folks like Dr. Schroeder.


You don't think first time smokers are ignorant, Finn, but you note, right afterward, that they don't "see them as being as great as do folks like Dr. Schroeder".

Now that's ignorance, major ignorance and it ain't on the part of first time smokers.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 06:33 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
You don't think first time smokers are ignorant, Finn, but you note, right afterward, that they don't "see them as being as great as do folks like Dr. Schroeder".

Now that's ignorance, major ignorance and it ain't on the part of first time smokers.
as we saw on another thread, once you get down into the details of what science knows about how much on average you can expect smoking to shorten your life all this anti smoking message starts to look very dubious. The truth is that we don't know, but it certainly seems that a lifetime of smoking can be expected to cost you months, not 15-20 years like has been claimed. If you enjoy smoking and don't mind checking out a bit early as a result, the cost benefit evaluation might very well support the decision to smoke them.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Knowing any numbers of smokers myself who die a very slow and very unpleasant deaths with oxygen tanks always with them and not one person who was a non-smoker going that way I would think that using the term dubious in connection with smoking deaths as being beyond silly.

Smoking shortens your life, cause ongoing health problems and greatly increase you odds of dying a death I would not wish on anyone.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Let do a survey does anyone know in their own lives a friend or family member or co-worker who was a lifetime non-smoker who ended up dying of lung cancer?

Yes I do know it does happen but it is very rare.
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 07:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
as we saw on another thread, once you get down into the details of what science knows about ...


This is that vacuity that I warned you about. You clearly don't have the mental acumen to get down to anything scientific, let alone the details. You operate on a glenn beckian level of repeating knee jerk cliches and old wives tales.

hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:00 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
This is that vacuity that I warned you about. You clearly don't have the mental acumen to get down to anything scientific, let alone the details. You operate on a glenn beckian level of repeating knee jerk cliches and old wives tales.
feel free to throw down with evidence with me on any issue where I have taken a position, I am right most of the time, and I certainly am not afraid of you...
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:02 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Let do a survey does anyone know in their own lives a friend or family member or co-worker who was a lifetime non-smoker who ended up dying of lung cancer?
what does that have to do with anything? most of those who die of lung cancer live to a pretty ripe old age, if they did not die of that they would have soon after died of the old stand-by, heart failure.
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:06 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Knowing any numbers of smokers myself who die a very slow and very unpleasant deaths with oxygen tanks always with them and not one person who was a non-smoker going that way
wrong, my mom never smoked a day in her life, and she went this way ofter uterine cancer spread to her lungs, and shut them down. She spent the last 3 months not being able to breath, the last 2 when on oxygen.
JTT
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:10 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
wrong, my mom never smoked a day in her life, and she went this way ofter uterine cancer spread to her lungs, and shut them down. She spent the last 3 months not being able to breath, the last 2 when on oxygen.


That cinches it. Case closed. Smoking is good for a body.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:12 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
That cinches it. Case closed. Smoking is good for a body
case closed, bill was wrong, not that this is unusual.
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:13 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well I am sorry about your mother death but she die of uterine cancer that spread to others areas of her body not lung cancer.
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:16 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
ll I am sorry about your mother death but she die of uterine cancer that spread to others areas of her body not lung cancer.
I am not sure that counts for much when the mechanics of her last hours were her body shutting down because her cells could not get enough oxygen. The nature of her death was exactly the same as if she had died of tobacco caused lung cancer, so your assertion is wrong.

Thank you for your sympathy..
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Come on Hawkeye the cells that invaded her lungs have zero to do with lung cells or lung cancer and the effects would had been the same if pellets from a shot gun blast had done the damage to her lungs.
Pepijn Sweep
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:25 pm
STOP ALL WAR
0 Replies
 
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Come on Hawkeye the cells that invaded her lungs have zero to do with lung cells or lung cancer and the effects would had been the same if pellets from a shot gun blast had done the damage to her lungs.
I am not familiar with gun shot victims walking around with an oxygen tank for two months, as their cells slowly die from oxygen starvation.
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
Once more I am sorry for your mother death however a shotgun blast that destroy a large part of a person lungs or anything else that cause harm to the lungs could had resulted in such a death such as viruses , germs, chemicals and on and on to anything that cause great harm to the lungs.

It have zero and I mean zero to do with lung cancer and no doctor would list the cause of death as lung cancer.

Now would you like to talk about lung cancer and it proven link to smoking or not?
hawkeye10
 
  1  
Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2010 08:57 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:


Lung cancer mainly occurs in older people. About 2 out of 3 people diagnosed with lung cancer are older than 65; fewer than 3% of all cases are found in people younger than 45. The average age at the time of diagnosis is about 71.
http://www.cancer.org/Cancer/LungCancer-Non-SmallCell/DetailedGuide/lung-cancer--non-small-cell--key-statistics

If I get diagnosed with a major medical problem at 71, and live a few years with it, I will feel like I have won the lottery of life. All of this moaning about lung cancer deaths is a bunch of BS. I dont care what my death certificate says, I only care about years lived and the quality of those years. Lung cancer is not a major problem in my scheme of things, thus smoking is not a major risk. I feel great about lighting up my occasional cigar.
 

Related Topics

Immortality and Doctor Volkov - Discussion by edgarblythe
Sleep Paralysis - Discussion by Nick Ashley
On the edge and toppling off.... - Discussion by Izzie
Surgery--Again - Discussion by Roberta
PTSD, is it caused by a blow to the head? - Question by Rickoshay75
THE GIRL IS ILL - Discussion by Setanta
 
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 11:47:58