Sarah Palin is the Paris Hilton of politics

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 10:12 am
Isn't it time that the Media and other so-called political experts stop wondering if Sarah Palin in going to run for President? She won't! All she is truly interested in is fame and wealth, at which she is very clever and successful---as well a skillful liar. Like Paris Hilton, Palin if famous for being famous. She is the most shallow woman in U.S. politics. At least Paris Hilton doesn't pretend to be smart.

Palin had received her book contract shortly before she announced she was resigning the governship of Alaska to free up her time to travel the country selling her book---and making money. She charges large fees for appearing before groups that would cheer her if she sneezed. She tried to get her own TV show but FOX News paid her more with little work on her part. She exploits her children to increase her wealth.

Isn't it time we call Sarah Palin what she is? A Golddigger!

BBB

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 10:20 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
That's not at all incompatible with running for president, though. In fact it makes it more likely that she'd run for president, not less, in my opinion. She's not a governor anymore, and she can only write so many books telling her life story. She needs some platform to stay in the public eye (and keep getting invited to the big-money stuff). And running for president is absolutely perfect for that.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 10:25 am
@sozobe,
I don't agree. Palin was a lazy college student and doesn't like to work that hard. She's seen how difficult a job the presidency is and she wouldn't want the burden. She would not risk her fame in a lost campaign by demonstrating how shallow she is and her lack of competence to be president.

BBB
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 10:41 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Nah, it'd fit right into the narrative.

Those darn left-wing nutsos are just out to get her and so of COURSE she couldn't win. (Sigh!) But she's a fighter! You betcha! She won't let it get her down!

Yadda yadda.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 10:58 am
@sozobe,
The Republicans are desperate to win the 1012 election but they are not stupid enough to nominate Palin for president --- or even vice president. It would be a sure loss for them because independent voters know she couldn't deal with the serious problem we have.

BBB

sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 11:03 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Sure, but that's different than what SHE wants, which is what you had been talking about.

I think it's very likely (not definite) that she wants to run for president. Whether the Republicans will let her is another story.

And whether she will bow out if they don't let her is another story yet. (I could easily see her running as an Independent.)
rabel22

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:02 pm
@sozobe,
Oh I hope so! Even if she was elected it would be the death knell for the republicans. If you think Bush and his party screwed things up she would make him look like a genus.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:08 pm
@rabel22,
You are so right?

BBB
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:14 pm
As an aside, sort of, I had a really disturbing discussion amongst a group of friends. Two of them had been major Hillary supporters, then came around to Obama as better than McCain but were still rather grudging. They are a lesbian couple and generally liberal.

One of 'em had read Sarah Palin's book and was actually, not ironically, talking about how she was seriously considering supporting her in 2012. Her partner hadn't read the book yet but also regarded Palin favorably. I'm afraid I was so shocked that I just kinda sputtered for a while before coming up with some coherent arguments. I just would never expect them to take her seriously at all much less actually think about supporting her! Wow. I know that not everyone delves into politics that deeply but these are not stupid people and it was frankly a bit unsettling.
Specter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:18 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Wouldn't this discussion be better for a political site, or political blog? The truth of politics today is that it is ALL a farce. nobody gets what they want unless they are at the top. Who cares what Palin is doing? If she wants to make a buck off of her fame, so be it; fame doesn't last forever. Our worries would be better fixed upon our own neighborhoods and communities than on that dunder-headed woman. And I'm a republican saying this!
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:20 pm
@Specter,
This IS a political site. And a philosophy site, and a parenting site, and and and... but this is tagged "politics," which puts it in the politics forum.

Meanwhile, the fact that you're both Republican and recognize Palin's dunderheadedness is reassuring....
Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:22 pm
@Specter,
Quote:
Wouldn't this discussion be better for a political site, or political blog?
check out A2k's massive politics forum ...
0 Replies

Specter

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:30 pm
@sozobe,
OH! sorry, i was transfered to this sight when the Philosophy Forum sight merged with A2K. this is the first time I've been on here.

But yes, even republicans (at least the intelligent ones) don't look to Palin for any sort of political action. In fact, as of late (the past presidential election, midterm elections, various congressional actions) the GOP has been disappointing. It seems that people on both sides are content to sit around and argue over this or that or sit on top of huge party platforms and not do a dang thing to actually improve anything. I'm tired of pundits, commentators, analysts, special interests, kickbacks, favors, log-rolling, and every other bit of obstacle that never ceases to get in the way of actual clear cut action.
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:39 pm
@Specter,
Specter wrote:

OH! sorry, i was transfered to this sight when the Philosophy Forum sight merged with A2K. this is the first time I've been on here.

I thought that might be it. Welcome!

Quote:
But yes, even republicans (at least the intelligent ones) don't look to Palin for any sort of political action.

Good. (I do know other intelligent Republicans who feel the same way, it's just that the balance is nice when I saw support for Palin from unexpected quarters.)

Quote:
In fact, as of late (the past presidential election, midterm elections, various congressional actions) the GOP has been disappointing. It seems that people on both sides are content to sit around and argue over this or that or sit on top of huge party platforms and not do a dang thing to actually improve anything. I'm tired of pundits, commentators, analysts, special interests, kickbacks, favors, log-rolling, and every other bit of obstacle that never ceases to get in the way of actual clear cut action.

Amen.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 12:57 pm
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

As an aside, sort of, I had a really disturbing discussion amongst a group of friends. Two of them had been major Hillary supporters, then came around to Obama as better than McCain but were still rather grudging. They are a lesbian couple and generally liberal.

One of 'em had read Sarah Palin's book and was actually, not ironically, talking about how she was seriously considering supporting her in 2012. Her partner hadn't read the book yet but also regarded Palin favorably. I'm afraid I was so shocked that I just kinda sputtered for a while before coming up with some coherent arguments. I just would never expect them to take her seriously at all much less actually think about supporting her! Wow. I know that not everyone delves into politics that deeply but these are not stupid people and it was frankly a bit unsettling.

It all depends on how deeply one looks into the difference between her rhetoric and her actions. She talks a reasonable game - most of her statements, when not attacking the other party, aren't that crazy - but she certainly doesn't walk the walk.

I can see how the political neophyte could be led astray, though - lots of talk about empowerment of women in that book.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 01:33 pm
I'm planning a Palin for President block party, I will probably get a good turnout.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 11:17 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
She's seen how difficult a job the presidency is and she wouldn't want the burden.

Difficult, pshaww. Bush did it for 8 years and he did nothing. Truly, a monkey could be the president of the USA and he/she would rank up there with the best of the Repubs.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 6 Jul, 2010 11:19 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Quote:
Sarah Palin is the Paris Hilton of politics

I think that is terribly unfair to Paris Hilton.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 07:11 am
Sarah Palin as an excellent chance of winning the republican primary, no currently viable republican candidate dare criticize her. The longer she waits to enter the primaries the better her chances.
0 Replies

revelette

Reply Wed 7 Jul, 2010 07:27 am
@sozobe,
I have noticed that more and more people are starting to follow and support what I always felt to be extreme right ideology. If Obama ran today I am not sure he would get elected, in fact I seriously doubt it. I know we (democrats) are going to loose the senate and a bunch of seats in the house.
0 Replies