Is There A Life After Death

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 07:15 am
zgreatarteest wrote:
JLNobody wrote:
Oh Frank, please DO "beat it to death with your intellect." That's what it's for.
Yeah, he doesn't have anything else, so let's don't
keep him deprived of the joy he gets from whipping
a his dead horse.

Interesting observation for a "newbie." One might get the impression from that comment that Z is not a newbie at all.

Quote:
I will continue to enjoy the peace and contentment that can only me found in Him. "

Sounds like someone doing a lot of brown-nosing!

And it does sound like someone so afraid of his god that any attempts to open his eyes would be like attempting to get him to jump out of an airplane without a parachute.

I doubt that appeals to intellect will work on Z -- his seems to be turned off.

But since this thread has pretty much run its course on the issue of "Is there life after death?" -- we can collectively hijack the thread and discuss Z's suggestion that it makes more sense to "believe" in God (and of course it will have to be his god) -- than to "believe" there are no gods -- or as in my case, to simply acknowledge that I do not know.

Do you want to do that, Z?

Or perhaps in your case, you might first want to discuss the question: "Is there life before death?"
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 07:23 am
Life after death - What a bizarre notion. Next we will be debating "Do stones and tabletops have a soul?"
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 07:27 am
edgarblythe- But of course there is life after death. Do you think that the world will end when we die? Razz
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 07:31 am
Well, looked at from that perspective, phoenix, you are right. Life for the individual who has experienced irrevokable death is, however, a concept that simply amazes me.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 08:35 am
phoenix-is your own journey the source of your a2k handle? Are you writing this narrative ?
If not, why not?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 09:02 am
Life after death? Going back to Craven's earlier comment, yes, but not for the dead guy. An animal dies, the corpse attracts flies and other insects that lay eggs, and give birth to larvae which eventually grow up, providing food for reptiles, birds, who in turn provide food for predators. All give birth to offspring, and cycle continues. The decomposing dead provide nutrients to the soil, which in turn gives life to plants and trees. It is maddeningly self-centered of human beings to ruminate over whether an individual will be reincarnated or go to some creepy afterlife. All life contributes to a cycle that continues on endlessly. If human beings have an afterlife, it is within the memories of the friends and family who knew them.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:00 am
Hellooooooo!

Every indication is that nobody really knows the answer to this question.

Let me repeat that: EVERY INDICATION IS THAT NOBODY REALLY KNOWS THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION!

Death may actually mean that everything ceases for the person who has died -- and it may only be a beginning of some kind.

WE DO NOT KNOW.

Anything said about it is nothing more than a guess -- a blind guess based on goddam near no evidence.

Unless you KNOW FOR CERTAIN that there is something after death -- or KNOW FOR CERTAIN that there is absolutely nothing after death...

...why not just acknowledge that you do not know...and that there is not nearly enough unambiguous evidence upon which to base a meaningful guess.

TWO THINGS:

One: Obviously I am talking about "something after death" for the person dying.

Two: The words "know" "unambiguous" "evidence" "guess" and "meaningful" all mean exactly what a reasonable person would assume they mean.

PS: "A reasonable person" means...ahhh...never mind!
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:03 am
life after death. i have no idea really (cause i'm not dead ya see?) but if there is...i've told my husband once he's dead....I don't wanna hear from him noooo more.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:12 am
I suggest we start a new organization hereinafter refered to as:
The Society for the prevention of cruelity to dead horses.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:19 am
I believe in the healing and relaxing power of orgasms and the endorphins they release.

When was the last time right before, during or immediately after an orgasm that you were worried about the problems of the world, pissed off about something or anything or anybody,pondering philosophy, religion, politics or the news?

You were focused baby.....on something that can't hurt, only helps.

I am starting a charter for a new "Church Of The Healing Orgasms" and I will set up educational semenaries all over the country. These semenaries will educate and ask for no up front fee, merely a "love offering" :wink:

Please pm me for an address to send your donations to get this great work up, but hopefully not running. Shocked Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:40 am
Life after death - Another invention of too active imaginations.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:48 am
ah edgar perhaps religion/life after death is the result of not enough imagination.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:57 am
Well, dys; could be you're right. I am much too simple to understand the concept.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 10:59 am
I don't think it has anything to do with "imagination." It has more to do with our "belief" system - IMHO.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 11:15 am
truth
Greyfan and Craven have said it all.
Phoenix, I have had extensive experience with the works of Simington and Seigel with my wife's cancer. I strongly recommend them for the reasons you state. They MAY promote cure because of the body-mind connection, but they DEFINITELY promote peace of mind and courage for cancer victims.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:21 pm
Phoenix32890 wrote:
edgarblythe- But of course there is life after death. Do you think that the world will end when we die? Razz

LOL!!!! Prolly will for us, though!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:32 pm
Quote:
phoenix-is your own journey the source of your a2k handle?

farmerman- Yup. and the number is a date. I had started to write a book. I wanted to make it a funny book, ( I have a weird sense of humor), but it never got past the notes that I wrote!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:43 pm
Now I've started wondering if there could be death for one living an after life.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:47 pm
according to revelations...yes...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 26 Dec, 2003 01:57 pm
Quote:
They MAY promote cure because of the body-mind connection

JLNobody- It is only in the last few years that medical science is acknowledging that there IS strong a connection between the mind and the body. I think that as more studies emerge, and more is known, doctors will finally realize that there is a lot more to helping people become and stay well than handing out a pill, or operating on an organ.
0 Replies