Brits: How do I pronounce words like "letter"/"better"

Clary

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 02:05 pm
Steve - Margo's ok, she's got SUMMER rain and wind, unlike us, and tea and vegemite for brekkie too. And she's going out, so she must have a life... mind you she has got a cat.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Fri 5 Dec, 2003 02:28 pm
Have a good'ay Margo, I've got a spare umbrella somewhere should you need it...

Clary I think Margo is probably ok, although I was a little worried that OUR STUPENDOUS BLOODY VICTORY sorry sorry sorry might have caused some permanent psychological damage. (If not with Margo then with John Howard, judging by the way he almost threw the trophy at Martin Johnson) tee hee

Whats vegimite?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 6 Dec, 2003 01:11 pm
Steve (as 41oo) wrote:
Have a good'ay Margo, I've got a spare umbrella somewhere should you need it...

Clary I think Margo is probably ok, although I was a little worried that OUR STUPENDOUS BLOODY VICTORY sorry sorry sorry might have caused some permanent psychological damage. (If not with Margo then with John Howard, judging by the way he almost threw the trophy at Martin Johnson) tee hee

Whats vegimite?
Harrrrummmpppphhhh!!!!!!!
Vegemite - making Aussies great for 80 years!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:00 pm
Quote margo

Vivien, my friend, had you been in Sydney the last 2 weeks, you would know that this is not so....So many pasty-looking men, with substantial paunches, wearing the white of England (virginal - crap!!!!), gloating as much as possible. We're a pretty good-natured lot, but thank heavens they've gone home now! Mind you - we still have their bloody rainy weather! Mad

Oh dear - seen them here! not very savoury are they?

but then our captain looks like the last in the Neanderthal line? :wink:

they must have taken our rain with them as it has been really dry here and they are forecasting hosepipe restrictions for next summer as the reservoirs are low Sad

and wow Possum IS a long cat - and a beauty!!

Steve - vegemite is Marmite
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:20 pm
Quote:
Steve - vegemite is Marmite

Can't be. So what do they call Bovril, Kangavil?
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 04:30 pm
LOL@Steve!
0 Replies