Will Sarah Palin factor in US politics

btflatt

Reply Wed 13 Jan, 2010 01:18 am
Will Sarah Palin be a factor in 2010?
Will Sarah Palin be a factor in 2010? | The 2012 Presidential Election

Sarah Palin has joined FOX News and will be another voice on the media right, joining Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Huckabee. She won't get elected to anything herself, but her mouth might help right-wingers win in GOP primaries. But now she is making money. With her deal at Fox, her paid speeches, her book deal --she is racking in the dollars.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,733 • Replies: 37
No top replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Sat 16 Jan, 2010 06:58 am
@btflatt,
JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 12:58 am
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl,

Here is the problem with your assessment:
Republican Party policies only benefit a minority of Americans, the ones with money and businesses owners. After the Great Depression, the Republicans were denied control of Congress for 50 years. In order to gain control they needed to convince enough of the middle class and poor that their policies would benefit them.

From the 50s to the 80s they pushed this trickle down theory of economics, stated in several different ways. The public just didn't buy it in the aftermath of the Depression. By the 90s, fewer people from the depression era were still here to remember, and economic collapse seemed to be impossible.

The Republicans, led somewhat by Newt Gingrich, changed their strategy and became the "Family Values" party. This really caught on with the fundamentalists, who like telling everybody else what their morals should be. Also, during the 90s, the right wing radio jocks began to pick up large audiences, which the party soon learned to coordinate along with churches.

Conservative politics has now been transformed into a moral crusade, moving their primary objective into the limelight. The Republicans didn't get control of Congress because of their economic policies, they won because of the Crusade.

My point is this...Never expect people to act in a rational manner when they are on a crusade. Sarah Palin catered to the crusade and became a focal point for their cause. She doesn't have to be smart, educated or know anything about government, all she has to say is "damn the liberals" and "God bless America," and she does it like a pit bull with lipstick. She has the ability and opportunity to influence millions of Americans, she has and she will.
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:28 am
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69795 wrote:
YuhannaEl,

Republican Party policies only benefit a minority of Americans, the ones with money and businesses owners. After the Great Depression, the Republicans were denied control of Congress for 50 years. In order to gain control they needed to convince enough of the middle class and poor that their policies would benefit them.

From the 50s to the 80s they pushed this trickle down theory of economics, stated in several different ways. The public just didn't buy it in the aftermath of the Depression. By the 90s, fewer people from the depression era were still here to remember, and economic collapse seemed to be impossible.

The Republicans, led somewhat by Newt Gingrich, changed their strategy and became the "Family Values" party. This really caught on with the fundamentalists, who like telling everybody else what their morals should be. Also, during the 90s, the right wing radio jocks began to pick up large audiences, which the party soon learned to coordinate along with churches.

Conservative politics has now been transformed into a moral crusade, moving their primary objective into the limelight. The Republicans didn't get control of Congress because of their economic policies, they won because of the Crusade.

My point is this...Never expect people to act in a rational manner when they are on a crusade. Sarah Palin catered to the crusade and became a focal point for their cause. She doesn't have to be smart, educated or know anything about government, all she has to say is "damn the liberals" and "God bless America," and she does it like a pit bull with lipstick. She has the ability and opportunity to influence millions of Americans, she has and she will.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL Sarah Palin Is Joke From The Door She Has The IQ Of Three ( 3 ) And Those Who Listen To Her Also Has The IQ ( 3 ) You Speak Of The Republicans They Are The Cause Babylonia Empire = America Falling .And The Real Deal Here When Bush Was In Offices No One Said Anything Look Where Your At Now . You Know People Like You And Glenn Beck / RushLimbaugh / Bill O'Reilly / Pat Buchanan Just To Name A Few Get Pay Million'ssssss To Push This Same Gabage You Push .

So Don't Come With This Conservative / Liberals / Right / Left Wing Etc Etc , And All The Other Cute Little Names They Come Up . You Know I Was Listening To The Radio One Day And One Of Those Clown Said They Have To Take America Back . And I Was Wonder Take It Back From Who This Was Two Years Ago . Sarah Palin Can't Keep Her Own House In Order More Less A Country . I Was Looking At 60 Minutes One Sunday One Of Republicans Himself Who Was The One Who Trying / Teach -- To Tell Her What To Say / Act When On T.V. Media Etc . He Call Her Everything But Dumb . One Thing About The Republicans They All Read The Said Script / Play Book Word For Word . This Chick Couldn't Even Do That . Now Before You Try To Change / Flip My Words Like Most Republicans Are Good At . - Sarah Palin - Got It

I See You From Billy Bob Country LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 08:39 am
@YuhannaEl,
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 01:09 pm
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69795 wrote:
YuhannaEl,

Republicans also brought Christianity and Fox News into it. Fox News gives hard-to-argue-because-most-people-are-brainless politics that only give one side. Oh, look, a senator got bribed by a legislation (basically, how senators get bribed is this: when a legislation comes out, a corporation supports or opposes it with their money. Senators whose states that legislation affects will in turn support or oppose the legislations affecting that corporation). Let's ONLY MENTION THE DEMOCRATS. Etc.
0 Replies

JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:13 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69804 wrote:
You Know People Like You And Glenn Beck / RushLimbaugh / Bill O'Reilly / Pat Buchanan Just To Name A Few Get Pay Million'ssssss To Push This Same Gabage You Push

You should take your own advice that you posted in your signature, "It's is a wise man that learns his studies before the class commences"

If you read my other posts here last night, you would see that I am definitely not conservative. If you had gone to my profile you would have found a "home page" that already espouses my own values. If you had done your home work, you would be feeling foolish right now.

I see that you are more reactionary than thoughtful. The only thing I disagree with is your statement that Palin will not be influential. And I not only gave you the reason I disagree, but the history of why I have that opinion. Instead of debating that issue, that you brought up, you resort to dribble and unwarranted accusations.

Would you like to start again and tell me why you think all of the thousands of people who go to see her at her book signings and rallies are not being influenced by her?
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 03:38 pm
@JackFlash,
JackFlash;69832 wrote:
You should take your own advice that you posted in your signature, "It's is a wise man that learns his studies before the class commences"

If you read my other posts here last night, you would see that I am definitely not conservative. If you had gone to my profile you would have found a "home page" that already espouses my own values. If you had done your home work, you would be feeling foolish right now.

I see that you are more reactionary than thoughtful. The only thing I disagree with is your statement that Palin will not be influential. And I not only gave you the reason I disagree, but the history of why I have that opinion. Instead of debating that issue, that you brought up, you resort to dribble and unwarranted accusations.

Would you like to start again and tell me why you think all of the thousands of people who go to see her at her book signings and rallies are not being influenced by her?

You Know I Find It Funny People Yourself Always Tell Other's What To Say How To Say It When To Say It . As Far As Your Profile I Careless Who You're What Your Profile Says About You . I'm Not Impress Until You Spoke On My Post You Didn't Exist . And A Far A Palin . I Told You She Has The IQ Of Three And Those Who Listen To Her They Also Have The IQ Of Three . You Ever Heard. The Songs Your Sing Are The Bread You Eat . Those With The IQ Of Three Are Sinning The Same Song Palin Sinning Duh .
JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:41 pm
@YuhannaEl,
You put too much emphasis on IQ. Her IQ has nothing to do with her popularity and influence. It doesn't take an IQ to read bible verses and slam liberals. If you can't see that invoking god and insulting liberals gets votes and influence in the Religious Right, you aren't paying attention. These people aren't looking to leaders with intelligence, they're looking for leaders who will tell them that they're going to kill queers, save babies and bury the Communists.
bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 04:49 pm
@JackFlash,
YahunnaEl, stop making personal attacks and assumptions. It just isn't right. Also, Sarah Palin is a religious fanatic and nutcase; even Fox News admitted that she had a lack of intelligence (and then they hired her). However, this doesn't mean that the only reason people follow her is because they're stupid (even if she is). Undoubtedly, her bid for vice presidency has left her a national figure. She repeats Republicans ideals. Republicans like it because most Republicans don't bash themselves (and thus don't watch acts of stupidity performed by Palin). So she's popular. She has the ideals that attract people to Republicanism. She has followers. Simple as that.

EDIT: Also, don't tell people, "Don't tell me how to say it!" when you're wrong. If someone insulted you, wouldn't you point out that they're wrong? Because that's what he did. Then you got snappy and told him, "Don't tell me how to say it!". Same with your insults of me. You asked, "Why don't you go look it up?" and I did. Then you go and tell me to mind my own business. You're as bad as those Republican bigots.
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:29 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69841 wrote:
YahunnaEl, stop making personal attacks and assumptions. It just isn't right. Also, Sarah Palin is a religious fanatic and nutcase; even Fox News admitted that she had a lack of intelligence (and then they hired her). However, this doesn't mean that the only reason people follow her is because they're stupid (even if she is). Undoubtedly, her bid for vice presidency has left her a national figure. She repeats Republicans ideals. Republicans like it because most Republicans don't bash themselves (and thus don't watch acts of stupidity performed by Palin). So she's popular. She has the ideals that attract people to Republicanism. She has followers. Simple as that.

EDIT: Also, don't tell people, "Don't tell me how to say it!" when you're wrong. If someone insulted you, wouldn't you point out that they're wrong? Because that's what he did. Then you got snappy and told him, "Don't tell me how to say it!". Same with your insults of me. You asked, "Why don't you go look it up?" and I did. Then you go and tell me to mind my own business. You're as bad as those Republican bigots.

Like I Told You She Has The IQ Of Three And Those Who Listen To Her They Also Have The IQ Of Three . You Ever Heard. The Songs Your Sing Are The Bread You Eat . Those With The IQ Of Three Are Sinning The Same Song Palin Sinning Duh .
YuhannaEl

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:36 pm
@YuhannaEl,
bisurge

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 09:37 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69853 wrote:

What I said was that I don't think the people listening to her are that stupid; just misinformed and only hearing a biased story.
JackFlash

Reply Sun 24 Jan, 2010 10:34 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69855 wrote:
What I said was that I don't think the people listening to her are that stupid; just misinformed and only hearing a biased story.

He doesn't get it and never will.
0 Replies

YuhannaEl

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 08:57 am
@bisurge,
bisurge;69855 wrote:

You Know What ReallyFunny Here , Not Only Are These People Following A Jack-A$$ Sarah Plain Who Has And IQ Of Three And You Keep Coming Up With All These Excuses For These People , These People Have No Mind Of Their Own Whatever The Media - Sarah Plain Says They Eat It Up .

This Show Where Their Head Is At . Sarah Plalin Own People Says How Dumb She Is . So Your Trying Me That The People Of Sarah Plain Party Can See How Dumb These People Who Come Out And See / Following Her . All So Have A Veryyy Low IQ .

You Say These People Are ( Misinformed ) LOLOLOLOLOL The Blind Leading The Blind LOLOLOLOLOLOL They're Puting Their Way Of Life In The Hands Of A Jack A$$ Just Because They Are To Lazyyy Research The Person Who They Are Going To Vote For . How Silly Is That . This Also Tell Where Your Head At . They Can Bring Guns To A Town Hall Meeting LOLOLOLOLOL Showing That Have The Right To Carry Them . But They Can't See How Dumb This Chick Is . And Their Way Of Life Will Be In Her Hands Of The People Who Are Backing Her LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL . No Wonder She Says She'll Sit Down With Them And Have A Beer With Them . Even She Knows They're Brian Dead Just Like She Is .
JackFlash

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 03:59 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69905 wrote:
You Know What ReallyFunny Here , Not Only Are These People Following A Jack-A$$ Sarah Plain Who Has And IQ Of Three And You Keep Coming Up With All These Excuses For These People , These People Have No Mind Of Their Own Whatever The Media - Sarah Plain Says They Eat It Up .

This Show Where Their Head Is At . Sarah Plalin Own People Says How Dumb She Is . So Your Trying Me That The People Of Sarah Plain Party Can See How Dumb These People Who Come Out And See / Following Her . All So Have A Veryyy Low IQ .

You Say These People Are ( Misinformed ) LOLOLOLOLOL The Blind Leading The Blind LOLOLOLOLOLOL They're Puting Their Way Of Life In The Hands Of A Jack A$$ Just Because They Are To Lazyyy Research The Person Who They Are Going To Vote For . How Silly Is That . This Also Tell Where Your Head At . They Can Bring Guns To A Town Hall Meeting LOLOLOLOLOL Showing That Have The Right To Carry Them . But They Can't See How Dumb This Chick Is . And Their Way Of Life Will Be In Her Hands Of The People Who Are Backing Her LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL . No Wonder She Says She'll Sit Down With Them And Have A Beer With Them . Even She Knows They're Brian Dead Just Like She Is .

Didn't you start out arguing that Palin had NO influence? Now, you're insulting the people who are influenced by her.

You might want to consider that the very people you are insulting on this board are the people who more closely agree with your point of view. You have an odd manner of alienating people. You sound just like the people who live in the area of Georgia and Alabama where I am. They have a redneck discussion board, you'd fit in perfectly.
0 Replies

bisurge

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 05:56 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69905 wrote:

These people don't have minds of their owns? Then nobody does. Because everybody reads news. And every news has to be at least a little biased unless it's a plain page of text with every detail on it.

Quote:

The Sarah Palin party? What? Anyway, people only come and see because they already agree with what she says.

Quote:

That's the thing. The blind leading the blind. They're too lazy to research. How can they break the cycle if they agree with Palin and they only want to hear what Palin says, being misinformed? They won't do research as long as Palin thinks she's right, because they'll agree with her logic if it hooked them on in the first place. It's going to be an endless cycle of the blind leading the blind, and they can't break out because most people don't go out and do "research" without having another influence. Which many people don't.
YuhannaEl

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 06:31 pm
@bisurge,
bisurge;69923 wrote:
These people don't have minds of their owns? Then nobody does. Because everybody reads news. And every news has to be at least a little biased unless it's a plain page of text with every detail on it.

The Sarah Palin party? What? Anyway, people only come and see because they already agree with what she says.

That's the thing. The blind leading the blind. They're too lazy to research. How can they break the cycle if they agree with Palin and they only want to hear what Palin says, being misinformed? They won't do research as long as Palin thinks she's right, because they'll agree with her logic if it hooked them on in the first place. It's going to be an endless cycle of the blind leading the blind, and they can't break out because most people don't go out and do "research" without having another influence. Which many people don't.

Shut The H** Up , You A** HOLE
bisurge

Reply Mon 25 Jan, 2010 09:21 pm
@YuhannaEl,
YuhannaEl;69927 wrote:
Shut The H** Up , You A** HOLE

Once again, calling me names will not disprove my points.
btflatt

Reply Tue 26 Jan, 2010 06:36 am
@JackFlash,
Democrats How To Win Back Support | The 2012 Presidential Election
0 Replies