Online relationships

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 04:36 pm
Thanks for your input, Calgon. Did you read the whole thread? Most of us here have already covered the points you listed above, if not on this thread, than on other threads.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:36 pm
Well, Lil' Kay, i think you're being too hard on LMC . . . i'm personally convinced that on-line relationships never work out. That's why i avoid them entirely.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 05:41 pm
well, then.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 07:17 pm
Oy!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 08:42 pm
I think basically between online and in person the only thing missing is the physical.
Now, this applies to all the feelings, not just good all over wonderful feelings.
While face to face with someone you will be able to perceive these feelings more but, basically I think we all get what we read, or we do our best to make sure that whole feeling comes across-no matter what that is.

As far as romantic feelings you know, my thought is that while a physical attraction is a needed element, an intellectual attraction is as well.
Okay, I suppose that depends all on what you're looking for really but still...if you can build an intellectual relationship with someone without having physical presence...thats really nice. If you meet and the pysical also comes into play well, heck, thats even better.

My Mom met my Step-Dad on line and are happily married for gosh..like 7 years now.
I think we all probably know someone who has done this with some accuracy so, I wouldnt put it down completely.
I also wouldnt put down completely the whole only a physical attraction meeting if thats what you are looking for, or even the old fashioned meeting someone on the bus or some other crazy thing but, online has some certain qualities to it. Even just for friends, conflict, discussion, etc.

yeah....those crazy online relationships Wink
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:56 pm
{grin}
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 09:48 pm
If anyone would care to post some links to popular dating sites where no asses are allowed, I'd surely appreciate it:)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:19 pm
there couldn't be any - too restrictive.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:22 pm
http://www.eharmony.com/

Can't tell you if it is any good or not, Misti - but they do a "personality" test thingy, and look at interests and such, and there is a lengthy guided communication process.

Not sure if this would make a real difference or not, though!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 24 Jan, 2004 10:35 pm
Thanks darllin', it's worth a try!
0 Replies