:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:
That's right, to to draw attention away from how ignorant, illiterate, and stupid you are by attacking JB and raising a red herring
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 10:57 am
@JBeukema,
Well, let's review shall we?

-I criticize racists
-You attack my character

What other conclusion should I have come to?

If you're expecting me to prevent you from making a fool of yourself then you're expecting too much.
0 Replies

JBeukema

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 01:45 pm
@mimidamnit,
Laughing

Let's review:

-you seek to criticism ignorant bigots
-you do this by showing yourself to be an ignorant and illiterate bigot

conclusion: you are a dumbass
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 5 Aug, 2009 03:23 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67490 wrote:
Laughing

Let's review:

-you seek to criticism ignorant bigots
-you do this by showing yourself to be an ignorant and illiterate bigot

conclusion: you are a dumbass

I grow tired of your childish antics.

I am not going to warn you again, if you continue to insult and call other members names you will be banned. You've done this to at least 2 other people.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:32 am
@mimidamnit,
sooo.. what happened to the aliens discussion?.. it got turned all turned around lol!

Back to Topic...:

.. i found this information and would like to discuss it.. i started this topic.. and would like very much for the topic to remain "ALIENS".. if you dont take it seriously.. there's no need to ridicule anyone who might.. and religion.. unless it's directly related to the topic.. should stay in the religion threads.. thanks soo much lol.. because i am definitely curious to know if we are in fact "alone in the universe.".. also.. i have heard that the moon is hollow..and there seems to be proof of this... from many different sources.. one of the best is the following link.

Irwin

and a copy paste from the report follows...

At 9:26 a.m. EST November 20, after 31 hours 31 minutes on the moon, Intrepid successfully lifted off with 34.4 kilograms of lunar samples. Rendezvous maneuvers went as planned. The LM docked with the CSM at 12:58 p.m. November 20. The last 24 minutes of the rendezvous sequence was televised. After the crew transferred with the samples, equipment, and film to the Yankee Clipper, the Intrepid was jettisoned and intentionally crashed onto the lunar surface at 5:17 p.m. November 20, 72.2 kilometers southeast of Surveyor III. The crash produced reverberations that lasted about 30 minutes and were detected by the seismometer left on the moon.

so.. why did it seem that the moon is hollow?.. here is something else.. a copy and paste.. with the link provided...

Musings On The Moon

Consider some of these "breath-stopping" mysteries or anomalies as scientists prefer to call them: The moon is far older than previously imagined, perhaps even much older than the Earth and sun. By examining tracks burned into moon rocks by cosmic rays, scientists have dated them as billions of years old. Some have been dated back 4.5 billion years, far older than the Earth and nearly as old as the solar system. The oldest rocks ever found on Earth only date back 3.5 billion years. It is accepted by scientists today that the Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.

and also...
Harvard's respected astronomy journal Sky and Telescope reported that at the Lunar Conference of 1973, it was revealed that one moon rock was dated at 5.3 billion years old which would make it almost a billion years older than our planet.
This puzzle was compounded by the fact that lunar dust in which the rocks were found proved to be a billion years older than the rocks themselves. Chemical analysis showed that the moon rocks were of a completely different composition from the soil around them. Since dusty soil is usually produced by the weathering and breakup of surrounding rocks, the lunar rocks must have come from someplace other than where they were found. But where?

The moon has at least three distinct layers of rocks. Contrary to the idea that heavier objects sink, the heavier rocks are found on the surface. These rich materials that are usually concentrated in the interior of a world are on the outside of moon. Additionally, Apollo 16 astronauts found moon rocks which contained bits of rusted iron. Since oxidation requires oxygen and free hydrogen, this rust indicates there must be water somewhere on the moon. Moon rocks were found to be magnetized --- not strong enough to pick up a paper clip, but magnetic nevertheless. What makes this so odd is that there is no magnetic field on the moon itself. So where did the magnetism come from? The argument that perhaps the moon picked up its magnetism from close contact with the Earth collapses when one considers that if the moon got close enough to pick up a magnetic field, it was close enough to be ripped apart by the Earth's gravitational pull.

i know this is long.. so i will finish up with one more link.. one that i find very interesting...

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon

needless to say.. creation can be discounted here.. so no need to bring it up lol.. there is scientific proof that the moon was around long before the earth was.
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:34 am
@mimidamnit,
and what that previous post has to do with aliens.. the last link will help to explain..
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 09:41 am
@mimidamnit,
Apollo 11-17 First man on the Moon - Apollo Moon Landings - QTVR photos from panoramas.dk

alright... check this out... a little less than halfway down the page.. you will see a small video and also buzz aldrin.. side by side.. under their pics is a very small pic.. panoramic.. click that pic.. and look around.... it shows the ?sun? tell me what you think...
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 12:43 pm
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67696 wrote:
sooo.. what happened to the aliens discussion?.. it got turned all turned around lol!

Back to Topic...:

.. i found this information and would like to discuss it.. i started this topic.. and would like very much for the topic to remain "ALIENS".. if you dont take it seriously.. there's no need to ridicule anyone who might.. and religion.. unless it's directly related to the topic.. should stay in the religion threads.. thanks soo much lol.. because i am definitely curious to know if we are in fact "alone in the universe.".. also.. i have heard that the moon is hollow..and there seems to be proof of this... from many different sources.. one of the best is the following link.

Irwin

and a copy paste from the report follows...

At 9:26 a.m. EST November 20, after 31 hours 31 minutes on the moon, Intrepid successfully lifted off with 34.4 kilograms of lunar samples. Rendezvous maneuvers went as planned. The LM docked with the CSM at 12:58 p.m. November 20. The last 24 minutes of the rendezvous sequence was televised. After the crew transferred with the samples, equipment, and film to the Yankee Clipper, the Intrepid was jettisoned and intentionally crashed onto the lunar surface at 5:17 p.m. November 20, 72.2 kilometers southeast of Surveyor III. The crash produced reverberations that lasted about 30 minutes and were detected by the seismometer left on the moon.

so.. why did it seem that the moon is hollow?.. here is something else.. a copy and paste.. with the link provided...

Musings On The Moon

Consider some of these "breath-stopping" mysteries or anomalies as scientists prefer to call them: The moon is far older than previously imagined, perhaps even much older than the Earth and sun. By examining tracks burned into moon rocks by cosmic rays, scientists have dated them as billions of years old. Some have been dated back 4.5 billion years, far older than the Earth and nearly as old as the solar system. The oldest rocks ever found on Earth only date back 3.5 billion years. It is accepted by scientists today that the Earth is about 4.6 billion years old.

and also...
Harvard's respected astronomy journal Sky and Telescope reported that at the Lunar Conference of 1973, it was revealed that one moon rock was dated at 5.3 billion years old which would make it almost a billion years older than our planet.
This puzzle was compounded by the fact that lunar dust in which the rocks were found proved to be a billion years older than the rocks themselves. Chemical analysis showed that the moon rocks were of a completely different composition from the soil around them. Since dusty soil is usually produced by the weathering and breakup of surrounding rocks, the lunar rocks must have come from someplace other than where they were found. But where?

The moon has at least three distinct layers of rocks. Contrary to the idea that heavier objects sink, the heavier rocks are found on the surface. These rich materials that are usually concentrated in the interior of a world are on the outside of moon. Additionally, Apollo 16 astronauts found moon rocks which contained bits of rusted iron. Since oxidation requires oxygen and free hydrogen, this rust indicates there must be water somewhere on the moon. Moon rocks were found to be magnetized --- not strong enough to pick up a paper clip, but magnetic nevertheless. What makes this so odd is that there is no magnetic field on the moon itself. So where did the magnetism come from? The argument that perhaps the moon picked up its magnetism from close contact with the Earth collapses when one considers that if the moon got close enough to pick up a magnetic field, it was close enough to be ripped apart by the Earth's gravitational pull.

i know this is long.. so i will finish up with one more link.. one that i find very interesting...

Our Mysterious Spaceship Moon

needless to say.. creation can be discounted here.. so no need to bring it up lol.. there is scientific proof that the moon was around long before the earth was.

There are still a lot of mysteries regarding the relationship between the earth and the moon. The most accepted theory is that the moon was created by displaced impact material. It is believed that billions of years ago when the earth was still young, it was a dead planet, a planet dubbed "theia" collided with earth.

http://www.foxnews.com/images/527437/0_21_earth_theia_impact.jpg
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/theia_earth_collision_canup.gif

This threw a huge amount of matter into space, this matter was caused to reform by it's own gravity to form what we know as "luna" aka the moon. This is why the moon slowly moves further away. the moon has also been growing due to meteor impacts.
mimidamnit

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 03:24 pm
@mimidamnit,
come on fatal.. give me a source haha.. im kidding.. had to have been a tremendous impact.. any idea where this huge crater would be?.. conveniently hidden on the ocean floor?.. lol.. no seriously.. i hear that it's likely that the continents separated and came together several times.. so i guess it could be anywhere.

thanks FF.. i'll keep looking into **** till i feel satisfied enough to accept it lol.. but im still curious how the moon seems to be hollow..if gravity pushed the material into the sphere that it is today.. why not compact it as it forming.. therefore being solid. or am i mistaken.. im no genius in the science arena lol.. thats what you and sabz are for lol
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 7 Aug, 2009 08:08 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67714 wrote:
There are still a lot of mysteries regarding the relationship between the earth and the moon. The most accepted theory is that the moon was created by displaced impact material. It is believed that billions of years ago when the earth was still young, it was a dead planet, a planet dubbed "theia" collided with earth.

This threw a huge amount of matter into space, this matter was caused to reform by it's own gravity to form what we know as "luna" aka the moon. This is why the moon slowly moves further away. the moon has also been growing due to meteor impacts.

The "Orpheus" theory. I remember that they used a DoD computer to calcuate it... it was used to measure impact and displacement of weaponry. The scientists weren't allowed to directly enter the data (they couldn't physically touch the machine), and they started to gather a crowd when they called off the data to be entered because the numbers were just so friggin huge.

The thing was, it worked. The math actually worked. Whatever it was had to be going very fast and pretty much clip the Earth at a very sharp angle. We're really not supposed to have a moon that big, and given enough time, we won't. But don't worry, we'll have technology to deal with that before then.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 12:05 am
@mimidamnit,
alright.. so as i see it.. this falls in line with the sumerian texts which mention a collision.. and planet #12.. has anyone read up on these texts?... quite fascinating.. how could they have known of this collision billions of years after it happened..? (i think somebody/something told them about it)

in this text they also mention technology or information being passed to humans from these aliens... which is in line with ancient drawings ..( i will find out where i saw this).. that show a "god" giving a ?farm tool? to humans.

and from what i gather.. both the sumerians and the mayans mention 2012..

has anyone read up on zacharia sitchin?.. here's a copy and paste...
The Official Web Site of Zecharia Sitchin

A new term, “Geo-engineering,” has come to the fore at various international meetings dealing with ‘Global warming’ (now more correctly addressed as Climate Change).

The term was officially embraced by the new U.S. presidential science advisor, John Holdern. Speaking at a recent international conference in Bonn, Germany, he revealed that “Geo-engineering” is among the “extreme options” under discussion by the U.S. government: Using space-age technology yet to be devised, he said, “particles will be shot into the Earth’s upper atmosphere to create a shield that will reflect away from Earth the Sun’s warming rays.” While such extraordinary measures would be only a last resort, “we don’t have the luxury of taking any approach off the table,” Dr. Holdren said.

Such new space-age ideas duplicate technologies that have already been used 450,000 years ago!

The audacious idea of protecting a planet thermally by creating a shield of particles in its upper atmosphere is not as revolutionary as it seems. It was, I wrote in my 1976 book The Twelfth Planet, exactly the reason why the Anunnaki – “Those who from Heaven to Earth came” – had come here some 450,000 year ago from their planet Nibiru.

On Nibiru -- ‘Planet X’ of our Solar System – the problem was the opposite one: Loss of internally generatedheat due to a dwindling atmosphere, brought about by natural causes and nuclear wars. Nibiru’s scientists, I wrote, concluded that the only way to save life on their planet was to create a shield of gold particles in their upper atmosphere. It was in search of the needed gold that the “gods” of the ancient peoples had come to Earth. Basing my conclusions on Sumerian and other texts from the ancient Near East, I wrote that the Anunnaki began to arrive on Earth some 445,000 years ago, establishing settlements in the E.Din (later Mesopotamia) and mining gold in southeast Africa.

As I have written in subsequent books, “modern science is only catching up with ancient knowledge.” The idea of ‘geo-engineering’ is borrowed from technologies of the Anunnaki.

NEW DISCOVERIES CORROBORATE SITCHIN... same link...

New scientific discoveries continue to corroborate findings first suggested in Zecharia Sitchin's books.

Homo sapiens: The successful deciphering of a female Neanderthal genome was reported in the journal Science on February 13, 2009. The project, undertaken by scientists at the Max Planck Institute in Leipzig, Germany, aimed to verify when that failed species of humans and Homo sapiens (= Modern Man) branched off, and whether the two bad ever interbred. The New York Times pointed out that the new findings "document two important sets of genetic changes - those that occurred between 5.7 million years ago, when the human line split from the line leading to chimpanzees, and 300,000 years ago when Neanderthals and the ancestors of modern humans parted ways."
In The 12th Planet (1976), describing the Anunnaki's genetic engineering to fashion The Adam, Zecharia wrote: "Man is the product of evolution; but modern Man, Homo sapiens, is the product of the 'gods'. For, some time circa 300,000 years ago, the Nefilim took ape-man (Homo erectus) and implanted on him their own image and likeness." In The Earth Chronicles Time Chart (The Wars of Gods and Men, 1985) Zecharia wrote: 300,000 years ago: The Anunnaki toiling in the gold mines mutiny. Enki and Ninhursag create Primitive Workers through genetic manipulation... Homo sapiens begins to multiply."
The Deluge: In The 12th Planet and Divine Encounters Zecharia suggested that the biblical Flood was a giant tidal wave caused by the slippage of the ice sheet off Antarctica, causing the abrupt end of the last Ice Age circa 13,000 years ago. Two recent studies corroborate both aspects of Zecharia's take on the subject: A study of ancient temperatures in the journal Nature of 26 February 2009 concludes that while warming at the end of the last Ice Age was relatively gradual in Greenland (north Atlantic), it was "rapid and abrupt" in Antarctica (south Atlantic), about 13,000 years ago.
A study of ancient sea levels published in Science of 6 February 2009 concludes that (a) Antarctica's ice sheet collapsed abruptly and (b) that due to the topography of the continent and its surrounding sea beds, the tidal wave was at least three times higher than hitherto calculated, reaching its maximal impact some 2,000 miles away. A diagram accompanying the article shows the area of maximal tidal impact in the Persian Gulf, the Mediterranean Sea and northward therefrom - the very Lands of the Bible and Mount Ararat.

it seems he's being taken seriously.. this sitchin... same link...

"ENKI", "NIBIRU" DOMINATE "2012" SYMPOSIUM

According to reports in the European press, "Enki" and "Nibiru" themes dominated a symposium held in Basel. Switzerland, on October 18, 2008, to discuss the ramifications of the "2012" prophecies.

The gathering, attended by some 250 participants from across Europe, was in support of "Project Cheops", an initiative begun in 2001 in Poland to find the "Enki Connection" in Giza and Hawara in Egypt which – according to the speakers – "will enable Mankind to avert the looming 2012 catastrophies that will be caused by the return of Nibiru." "Project Cheops," according to these reports, is supported by scientists from the universities of Wroczlaw (Breslau) in Poland and Cairo in Egypt.

The locations for the search for the "Enki Connection" have been indicated by Lucyna Lobos, a Polish seer, who in a keynote address at the symposium asserted that the god Enki had left at those sites instructions how to create an Earth Shield to protect our planet from the catastrophic effects of the looming proximity of the returning planet Nibiru, alias Planet X. She warned that efforts must be accelerated to find this data and create the shield before 2012.

The Enki/Nibiru themes are, of course, borrowed from Zecharia Sitchin's books, which are published in Poland by Wydawnictwo Prokop of Warsaw. The University of Wroclaw, a major academic center in Poland, has invited Zecharia to a Sitchin Studies Day in 2009.

EXCITING DISCOVERY IN THE SOUTHERN FISH

Two astronomical discoveries concerning extrasolar planets made news on November 14, 2008. While both reaffirm what Zecharia Sitchin had suggested, more than 30 years ago, in The 12th Planet, one of the discoveries has amazing aspects that corroborate - and even explain - details of ancient 'myths'.

'Extrasolar planets' is the term used to call planets not in our Solar System, orbiting stars other than our Sun. Since the beginning of this century, more than 300 extrasolar planets have been found; but they have never been actually seen: Their existence has been surmised from gravitational tugs or other effects on their parent stars. The exciting news now is that two teams of NASA astronomers have managed to actually see and photograph such extrsolar planets, thereby confirming the existence of other solar systems in the universe.

The pictures by the first team show not one but three planets - a veritable planetary system - orbiting the star HR8799 in the distant constellation Pegasus; the second team's pictures show a planet, estimated to be roughly three times Jupiter's mass, orbiting the bright star Fomalhaut.

Sitchin's Audacious Assertion

That planets might orbit stars other than our Sun has been theoretically held possible, though doubtful, for some time; but it was only in 1988 that Canadian astronomers attained the first-ever confirmed discovery of one such planet - a confirmation that was achieved only in 2003.

Yet it was years earlier, when The 12th Planet was published in 1976, that Zecharia Sitchin made the audacious assertion that not only do extrasolar planets exist, but that other planetary systems can come into being, exist, and can also meet a violent end. He reached that conclusion by treating the Mesopotamian Epic of Creation Enuma elish not as an allegorical myth of Good v. Evil (as other scholars do) but as a sophisticated cosmogony scientifically relating our Solar System's history.

Thus treated, he wrote, the text tells that our Solar System, when still in its early phase, was invaded by a foreign planet thrust out of its own solar system; eventually passing near our Solar System, it was pulled in by gravitational forces, ending up (after a collision) as a member of our Solar System. The Summaerians named it Nibiru; the Babylonians renamed it Marduk in honor of their national god.

Astounding Links to Ancient Legends

Amazingly, several highly intriguing aspects of NASA's discoveries mesh with ancient knowledge (what many deem myths or legends).

The second team's newly discovered world orbits the bright southern star Fomalhaut, whose name (coming from Arabic) means 'The Fish's Mouth'. Very bright, it is the lead star in the constellation Piscis Australis - "The Southern Fish." Situated below (i.e. south of) the larger constellation Aquarius ("the Water Bearer"), it has been traditionally depicted as a fish nourished by water pouring down from the jar of Aquarius, and linking it to the larger neighboring constellation Pisces (that is depicted by two fishes).

As Greek and Roman astronomers going back to the 3rd century B.C. attested, these three constellations were deemed to occupy the 'watery zone' of Neptune in the heavens - a tradition going back to ancient Mesopotamia which associated the three with the god E.A. ("He whose home is water"), the original god of the Seas and their Fishes (see Fig. B). Greek savants also quoted the tale by the Babyloniam priest Berossus of the divine Fish-man 'Oannes' who had waded ashore from the Persian Gulf and gave Mankind civilization. These details dovetail with Sumerian texts according to which EA (later also knowns as ENKI) was the leader of the first group of astronauts from Nibiru who splashed down in the Persian Gulf and waded ashore, dressed as Fishmen

Uncanny Explanation of a Sumerian Puzzle

NASA's discovery of a large planet orbiting the lead star in the Southern Fish constellation may even go beyond fitting in with ancient 'myths' - it might actually explain an enigmatic passage in Enuma elish.

The text - treated by Sitchin literally, not as allegory - describes the formation of our Solar System's various planets, ending with "EA" (which we call by its Roman name Neptune) as the outermost. It then ascribes to EA/Neptune the feat of "begetting" into our Solar System the alien planet that came into being elsewher - "in the heart of the Deep." yet although "engendered" far away, 'Marduk' was considered to have a genetic link to EA as his son.

Could then the Deep where Marduk was engendered mean not simply Outer Space, but a specific constellation belonging to EA's celestial realm - such as the Southern Fish?

The Origin of Our DNA?

If so, the new discovery reveals not just from where Nibiru/Marduk had come. Since (according to Enuma elish) it brought the "Seed of Life" (DNA) into our Solar System - the discovery also indicates the source where lifegiving DNA can be found. It is a short 25 light years away - "close enough to contemplate sending spacecraft there." Dr. Paul Kalas, one of the new planet's discoverers, told the New York Times. He could be right in more ways than he realizes.

there is much much more on just this one link.. it's really rather interesting

what are your thoughts on this.. or do u discount it altogether? science doesnt contradict this.. as of yet.. instead it seems to be lining up.

it could be my wishful thinking.. because im so eager to "know" what the reality is.. having been under the influence of religion for so long.

i appreciate you guys taking the time to indulge me.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 12:11 am
@mimidamnit,
Sumerian Gods and Goddesses - Crystalinks
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:26 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67724 wrote:
come on fatal.. give me a source haha.. im kidding.. had to have been a tremendous impact.. any idea where this huge crater would be?.. conveniently hidden on the ocean floor?.. lol.. no seriously.

There wouldn't be a crater. the impact was so massive and so long ago, and because much of the earth was still molten rock the earth simply reformed because of accumulative gravity.

Quote:

. i hear that it's likely that the continents separated and came together several times.. so i guess it could be anywhere.

This happened long before there were any continents to speak of.

Quote:
thanks FF.. i'll keep looking into **** till i feel satisfied enough to accept it lol.. but im still curious how the moon seems to be hollow..if gravity pushed the material into the sphere that it is today.. why not compact it as it forming..

Not, sure were you heard this but the moon is not hollow. No planet or natural satellite I know of is hollow. Current scientific understanding of planetary formation makes the idea of a hollow planet (or natural satellite) very improbable if not impossible.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 8 Aug, 2009 11:33 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Here is another interesting fact.

There is only one moon. Sometimes when people are talking about other planets they make talk about the number of "moons" it has, this is incorrect terminology, a "rock" for lack of a better term that orbits around another planet is called a "natural satellite" and the natural satellite that orbits the earth is called the moon. Natural satellites that orbit other planets have different names. But in lieu of calling them natural satellites people often just call them moons for the sake of simplicity, even scientists do this.
David cv

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 02:42 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67766 wrote:
Here is another interesting fact.

There is only one moon. Sometimes when people are talking about other planets they make talk about the number of "moons" it has, this is incorrect terminology, a "rock" for lack of a better term that orbits around another planet is called a "natural satellite" and the natural satellite that orbits the earth is called the moon. Natural satellites that orbit other planets have different names. But in lieu of calling them natural satellites people often just call them moons for the sake of simplicity, even scientists do this.

We have far more then 1 moon... Also, it's called Luna, not 'moon' as you seem to think. Same as our world is known as Terra, not 'planet'.
mimidamnit

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 03:05 pm
@mimidamnit,
ok.. i pulled us off the moon subject by injecting some more aliens.. no body wants to discuss this possibility.. or is science so concrete that there is no possibility? am i the only one here that actually considers it?.. come on... feed my curiosity damnit!!!
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 9 Aug, 2009 11:55 pm
@David cv,
David;67819 wrote:
We have far more then 1 moon...

There is only 1 moon.

Quote:

Also, it's called Luna, not 'moon' as you seem to think.

Luna is the latin name for the moon. Luna literally translates as "moon".

luna, luni-, lun-, lunu- + (Latin: moon, light, shine).

Quote:
Same as our world is known as Terra, not 'planet'.

Terra also is the latin term for earth.

https://www.msu.edu/~defores1/gre/roots/gre_rts_afx2.htm
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 11:53 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67765 wrote:
There wouldn't be a crater. the impact was so massive and so long ago, and because much of the earth was still molten rock the earth simply reformed because of accumulative gravity.

Exactly. What became our moon didn't leave a crater the same way a train wreck doesn't leave a paint scratch. The impact was massive.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 12:10 pm
@mimidamnit,
As far as "aliens" go... we have evidence that:

Life originates on planets with atmospheres. We can get specific, but that focuses the search down to looking for "us". We're not looking for humans, so don't look for human-friendly environments.

These planets must orbit stars... they are the outside energy needed to make everything work. Earth isn't a "closed" system any more than a pot of water would be. There has to be energy for the process of life to begin and be sustained.

That's what we know from sitting at our PCs. We fall under those categories (we're life, duh Smile ). Here's what we also know...

Planets orbit other stars. Our nine (Pluto is a planet, damnit!) aren't the only ones. EDIT: What is it now... thirteen? Twelve without Puto?

These planets have atmospheres. The Kepler telescope just imaged a planet and its atmosphere. Granted it's some four thousand degrees on that planet, but the important part is that it has an atmosphere and we know it.

These stars provide a wealth of radiant energy. Four thousand degrees of heat doesn't come from nowhere.

Given those facts, it isn't too far of a jump to presume that life can arise on other worlds. Will it look like us? Probably not. Evolutionary biology could take many different avenues given the planet's environment. Example: Flight on Mars. Earth birds couldn't even begin to fly on Mars... outside of lacking oxygen, the atmosphere is far too thin. Don't even think of a conventional airplane at that point. So if a planet with a thin atmosphere were to develop life, flight would develop very differently (if at all) given the environmental pressure. Different stellar classes produce different amounts of radiation and different planets "deal with" this in different ways which also mixes up the environmental pressures a tad.

All in all, given the data that's been coming in, life out there isn't very far fetched at all.
Numpty

Reply Mon 10 Aug, 2009 04:50 pm
@Sabz5150,
Good stuff Sabz. I always like your science lessons Very Happy