No top replies

JBeukema

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 01:16 am
@mimidamnit,
http://e.pardon.pl/pa871/38b4c20e001df895485febb3
Numpty

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 05:33 am
@JBeukema,
I used to be bang into it, loved all the 1947 roswell, Area 51. X-Files feeding my 'habbit'. I am also a massive Sci-Fi fan.

But you know, I am really not convinced anymore. Unless of couse you can once again wet my appettite with evidence.
JBeukema

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 07:20 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;67242 wrote:
I used to be bang into it, loved all the 1947 roswell, Area 51. X-Files feeding my 'habbit'. I am also a massive Sci-Fi fan.

But you know, I am really not convinced anymore. Unless of couse you can once again wet my appettite with evidence.

Did you not see the picture of me in the last post?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 08:32 am
@JBeukema,
I think it is very likely there is life elsewhere even if it's just sea algae on some distant extra-solar planet.

The idea of little green men travelling millions of light-years just so they can draw symbols in corn fields is a bit silly, though.
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Sat 1 Aug, 2009 06:37 pm
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67248 wrote:
Did you not see the picture of me in the last post?

Indeed, very good. They must be real then Wink
JBeukema

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 12:37 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;67282 wrote:
Indeed, very good. They must be real then Wink

Can you prove we're not? :whistling:
Numpty

Reply Sun 2 Aug, 2009 07:37 pm
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67302 wrote:
Can you prove we're not? :whistling:

Can you prove they/ you are?:dunno:
mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 02:41 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67234 wrote:
http://e.pardon.pl/pa871/38b4c20e001df895485febb3

that is fantastic lol
mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 02:58 am
@mimidamnit,
believe me when i tell you that i know how silly this all can be.. all this speculation.. but it really is addicting when u find a source of information that makes absolute perfect sense.. it seems that everything adds up.. and somehow.. somewhere.. you kinda feel like you.. knew it all along.. it just feels like.. aaahhh! lolol..... ok well im not looking into it all that much anymore.. but i do seriously consider the possibility... seriously.. and at one time.. i had considered.. that all this religious propaganda.. was maybe perhaps formulated by aliens.. posing as "gods" say in the old days .. and then it occured to me.. because .. hehe.. the residue of religion still sticks to me.. that perhaps.. satan and his demons are actually the aliens.. i dont know.. it just seems small minded to think we're the only people in the universe.. and being that none of us normal folks have ever been to space.. how do we know that what we think we know about space.. is actually as we think we know it to be?.. hmmm...? like.. i've sometimes felt like an avatar in somebody's video game.. that none of this is real.. its all somebody's game..
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 04:41 am
@Numpty,
Numpty;67308 wrote:
Can you prove they/ you are?:dunno:

I am sure that I am- it is self-evident. Whether you are, and if so, what you are, is there real question here. Are you a product of my delusion or yet another like myself?
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 04:44 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67323 wrote:
had considered.. that all this religious propaganda.. was maybe perhaps formulated by aliens.. posing as "gods" say in the old days ..

Why do the gods need chariots? What need would gods have for crafts to descend from the heavens?

The Ancient Alien Hypothesis would explain an awful lot. There is simply the problem that all evidence is circumstantial, so we cannot really make a reasonable conclusion in the affirmative at this time. That being said, i personally consider it to be a definite possibility and a reasonable hypothesis worthy of much more study and examination.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 05:41 am
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67323 wrote:
believe me when i tell you that i know how silly this all can be.. all this speculation.. but it really is addicting when u find a source of information that makes absolute perfect sense.. it seems that everything adds up.. and somehow.. somewhere.. you kinda feel like you.. knew it all along.. it just feels like.. aaahhh! lolol..... ok well im not looking into it all that much anymore.. but i do seriously consider the possibility... seriously.. and at one time.. i had considered.. that all this religious propaganda.. was maybe perhaps formulated by aliens.. posing as "gods" say in the old days .. and then it occured to me.. because .. hehe.. the residue of religion still sticks to me.. that perhaps.. satan and his demons are actually the aliens.. i dont know.. it just seems small minded to think we're the only people in the universe.. and being that none of us normal folks have ever been to space.. how do we know that what we think we know about space.. is actually as we think we know it to be?.. hmmm...? like.. i've sometimes felt like an avatar in somebody's video game.. that none of this is real.. its all somebody's game..

And for what purpose? What do the "aliens" have to gain from pretending to be gods?

This is all very silly.
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 05:43 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67334 wrote:
And for what purpose? What do the "aliens" have to gain from pretending to be gods?

What did the kings of old have to gain from pretending to be gods?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:09 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67335 wrote:
What did the kings of old have to gain from pretending to be gods?

Money and power.

If Aliens are capable of inter-stellar space flight, what have they to gain from us?
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:17 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67339 wrote:
Money and power.

If Aliens are capable of inter-stellar space flight, what have they to gain from us?

Well, according to the original creation story, we were created as slaves to serve them.

It could be that now we are a curiosity. Would we land on a planet with 'intelligent' (by our current measure of ourselves) life if we had Star Trek ships? Or, perhaps, maybe we are entertainment.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:21 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67340 wrote:
Well, according to the original creation story, we were created as slaves to serve them.

It could be that now we are a curiosity. Would we land on a planet with 'intelligent' (by our current measure of ourselves) life if we had Star Trek ships? Or, perhaps, maybe we are entertainment.

Which requires building pyramids and inventing moral dictates?

I don't buy it. This is about as plausible as religion itself. We already have rational explanations for the existence of religion, there is no need to postulate alien gods.
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 06:26 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67341 wrote:
Which requires building pyramids

You'd have to ask them. Why do we say the Pharaohs demanded the pyramids be built?

Quote:
and inventing moral dictates?

Slaves must have rules they are held to in order to maintain order.
Quote:

I don't buy it. This is about as plausible as religion itself.

Incorrect. It is very plausible that another species either exists or existed. It is not hard to imagine that, if they are anything like us, they might do to us what we have done to eachother.

Quote:
We already have rational explanations for the existence of religion, there is no need to postulate alien gods.

It is the only hypothesis yet put forth aside from the supernatural to explain similar imagery and accounts spanning thousands of years or by cultures with no known means of influencing eachother.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 07:04 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67343 wrote:
You'd have to ask them. Why do we say the Pharaohs demanded the pyramids be built?

The pyramids served a functional purpose as well as a symbol of the pharaohs reign.

Quote:
Slaves must have rules they are held to in order to maintain order.

Do you know what makes a really good slave? A machine. Not that telling people to not eat pork would make them better slaves anyway.

Why travel millions of light-years to do something they could do by themselves with much more efficiency?

Quote:
Incorrect. It is very plausible that another species either exists or existed.

??? Yeah, Our own planet is filled with other species. So it's not just plausible it's an undeniable fact.

Quote:
It is not hard to imagine that, if they are anything like us, they might do to us what we have done to eachother.

Who's to say they will be anything like us? Even if they were, we only had a use for slavery and a want for it in more primitive technologicaly devoid societies. A mechanized robot is a hundred times more efficient than any human slave could be and it doesn't complain. I doubt a space-faring species would have a great need for human slaves.

Quote:
It is the only hypothesis yet put forth aside from the supernatural to explain similar imagery and accounts spanning thousands of years or by cultures with no known means of influencing eachother.

You obviously have not acquainted yourself with the literature and research on the subject.

The Origin of Religions, From a Distinctly Darwinian View - The New York Times

But even if aliens were the only explanation it certainly doesn't make it a plausible one.
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 08:54 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67334 wrote:

This is all very silly.

of course it's silly.. i said it first by the way lol.. but that's the purpose of this thread.. to get away from the seriousness of religion.. but since i did bring it back up.. damnit.. i think posing as gods would allow them a certain amount of power.. over humans.. i mean.. someone sometime had to get the notion of "gods" from somewhere.. ???.. and i also take into account the sumerian texts.. easily just as fake as i think the bible is.. but still.. so much stuff makes so much more sense if i add aliens to the equation lol.. when i actually try to put it into words.. it gets even more silly.. BUT.. i dont put it past any government to cover-up anything they think us little humans incapable of knowing.