sick of religion.. let's talk aliens

JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 10:03 am
@mimidamnit,
FF's biggest fallacy is assuming that any such creatures would inherently be any more rational or less cruel and sadistic than ourselves. Not only is that an unfounded assumption, but the myths actually claim the opposite- that they are far too much like us, for we were made in their image to be an inferior creature*.

*Sumerian creation myt, which would be adapted by the Akkadians, Abrahamists, and others
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 11:57 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67354 wrote:
FF's biggest fallacy is assuming that any such creatures would inherently be any more rational or less cruel and sadistic than ourselves. Not only is that an unfounded assumption, but the myths actually claim the opposite- that they are far too much like us, for we were made in their image to be an inferior creature*.

*Sumerian creation myt, which would be adapted by the Akkadians, Abrahamists, and others

Please respond to All of my points.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 12:35 pm
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67351 wrote:
i mean.. someone sometime had to get the notion of "gods" from somewhere.. ???.. and i also take into account the sumerian texts.. easily just as fake as i think the bible is.. but still.. so much stuff makes so much more sense if i add aliens to the equation lol.. when i actually try to put it into words.. it gets even more silly.. BUT.. i dont put it past any government to cover-up anything they think us little humans incapable of knowing.

You bring up an interesting question. Where did the concept of gods come from? Well if we look at the different beliefs regarding divinities and mythical things they are just extrapolations of ordinary things. Gods are just bigger more powerful humans, or sometimes there just bigger and more powerful animals, and yet other times it's a mix of both. One common theme is that gods are seen as parental figures, when you are a very very young child you look up and you see these people that are just a larger more powerful version of you. At a certain age your parents seem like gods, they seem to know everything and can do anything. They always know what's best for you and are loving and benevolent (sometimes). This is why god is described as a heavenly father and why gods are often described with these characteristics.

The concept of god may be also based on simple inductive reasoning. If a person can blow air with their mouth maybe a giant person is the cause of wind. If fire causes light maybe the sun is a giant fiery chariot. If a potter can craft pottery maybe a god can craft the world.
mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 12:56 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67369 wrote:
You bring up an interesting question. Where did the concept of gods come from? Well if we look at the different beliefs regarding divinities and mythical things they are just extrapolations of ordinary things. Gods are just bigger more powerful humans, or sometimes there just bigger and more powerful animals, and yet other times it's a mix of both. One common theme is that gods are seen as parental figures, when you are a very very young child you look up and you see these people that are just a larger more powerful version of you. At a certain age your parents seem like gods, they seem to know everything and can do anything. They always know what's best for you and are loving and benevolent (sometimes). This is why god is described as a heavenly father and why gods are often described with these characteristics.

The concept of god may be also based on simple inductive reasoning. If a person can blow air with their mouth maybe a giant person is the cause of wind. If fire causes light maybe the sun is a giant fiery chariot. If a potter can craft pottery maybe a god can craft the world.

very true.. when i think of humans creating gods.. i want to know for what purpose? what did they think they needed them for? and how did they get entire generations to believe. .if there was no proof?.. i mean that goes for all religions.. which require a good dose of faith just to swallow it without question..

i think of the inquisition and the power that they had.. power granted to them by their "god". what has "god" done.. that keeps them putting money in the pot?..

and then back to topic.. aliens.. not religion.. (im trying to stay off that subject.. its difficult)..

i spent some time reading extensively into the anunnaki.. those from the sumerian text.. and i was damn near convinced that aliens are the masters behind the scenes.. that the secret societies are formed around knowledge of aliens.. rather than satan.. and that religion was created to keep mere humans from asking too many questions.

i considered believing that the "god's" of myth.. were actually aliens.. letting humans believe them to be gods.

i almost believed that that nephilim in the bible.. were actually the results of aliens tampering with or breeding with humans.. humanoids.. hybrids.. etc.

i felt that many of the stories in the bible.. involved aliens .. the pilar of fire.. rather than god.. it could have been a space craft.. the chariots of fire.. a space craft.. the parting of the red sea.. created by the space craft as it whizzed by lol.. enoch and the nephilim = enoch and the aliens. and many of the descriptions in revelations.. concerning the end of times.. the beasts in question.. aliens lol..

i was so seriously about to believe this ****.. when it hit me.. because of my christian roots.. it occured to me that all this alien bull honkey could very well be satan.. performing his greatest feat.. to convince us that he doesnt exist. .that it's all aliens.

so now im torn.. i want to believe in aliens because i dont want to believe in god anymore.. i know that it very well could be both.. there are aliens.. and there is a god.. but im shootin for aliens lol
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:16 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67365 wrote:
Please respond to All of my points.

I would if you really made any
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:26 pm
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67373 wrote:
very true.. when i think of humans creating gods.. i want to know for what purpose? what did they think they needed them for?

To answer their questions. How did we get here? How does the world work? What is our purpose? Are we alone? What is the source of life?

These were and still are important questions. Without science, where are they supposed to get their answers? They created stories based on little more than inductions. These stories started out simple, but soon quickly took root and began to become complex.

Quote:
and how did they get entire generations to believe.

Because it's all they had.

Quote:
.if there was no proof?.. i mean that goes for all religions.. which require a good dose of faith just to swallow it without question..

Maybe for thinking people. But to primitive people without science or alternative explainations, and when their entire society teaches it, what reason have they to deny it?

Quote:
and then back to topic.. aliens.. not religion.. (im trying to stay off that subject.. its difficult)..

i spent some time reading extensively into the anunnaki.. those from the sumerian text.. and i was damn near convinced that aliens are the masters behind the scenes.. that the secret societies are formed around knowledge of aliens.. rather than satan.. and that religion was created to keep mere humans from asking too many questions.

If aliens had visited our planet to convince us that they were gods, I think it would be obvious.

Quote:
i almost believed that that nephilim in the bible.. were actually the results of aliens tampering with or breeding with humans.. humanoids.. hybrids.. etc.

If the nephilim are based on anything at all, I would guess they where based on Neanderthal bones that the ancients may have discovered. Modern humans and neandethals did live together at one time, long before recorded history.

Quote:
i felt that many of the stories in the bible.. involved aliens .. the pilar of fire.. rather than god.. it could have been a space craft.. the chariots of fire.. a space craft.. the parting of the red sea.. created by the space craft as it whizzed by lol.. enoch and the nephilim = enoch and the aliens. and many of the descriptions in revelations.. concerning the end of times.. the beasts in question.. aliens lol..

You could inject any powerful being as an explanation to any of numerous stories.

Quote:
i was so seriously about to believe this ****.. when it hit me.. because of my christian roots.. it occured to me that all this alien bull honkey could very well be satan.. performing his greatest feat.. to convince us that he doesnt exist. .that it's all aliens.

It is pure genius. If you were writing a text or book that you knew others would be skeptical it's a brilliant idea to convince the reader that evil forces want them to disbelieve....pure genius.

Convince them to believe...out of fear.

Quote:
so now im torn.. i want to believe in aliens because i dont want to believe in god anymore.. i know that it very well could be both.. there are aliens.. and there is a god.. but im shootin for aliens lol

I'm confident there are neither, at least not aliens as you describe them.

My version of aliens are just algae on another planet.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:35 pm
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67380 wrote:
I would if you really made any

Yes, dodging unfavorable questions is really indicative of your reasoning on such a subject.

You cannot engage in debate and then pick and choose which statements you want to respond to. Don't bite off more than you can chew.:thumbup:
0 Replies

mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:41 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67383 wrote:
To answer their questions. How did we get here? How does the world work? What is our purpose? Are we alone? What is the source of life?

These were and still are important questions. Without science, where are they supposed to get their answers? They created stories based on little more than inductions. These stories started out simple, but soon quickly took root and began to become complex.

Because it's all they had.

Maybe for thinking people. But to primitive people without science or alternative explainations, and when their entire society teaches it, what reason have they to deny it?

If aliens had visited our planet to convince us that they were gods, I think it would be obvious.

If the nephilim are based on anything at all, I would guess they where based on Neanderthal bones that the ancients may have discovered. Modern humans and neandethals did live together at one time, long before recorded history.

You could inject any powerful being as an explanation to any of numerous stories.

It is pure genius. If you were writing a text or book that you knew others would be skeptical it's a brilliant idea to convince the reader that evil forces want them to disbelieve....pure genius.

Convince them to believe...out of fear.

I'm confident there are neither, at least not aliens as you describe them.

My version of aliens are just algae on another planet.

that's exactly what i said about the bible. lol.. they had to know it would be questioned by people not so easily led.. so they had to warn against these questions.. with warnings.. yes.. OUT OF FEAR!..

Fatal.. i dont even know if i believe we've ever been to space. i mean.. seriously.. once i started to question my faith.. and then walked away.. i've been questioning everything that im "supposed" to know. i just want to f*k*ing know already lol.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:51 pm
@mimidamnit,
mimidamnit;67387 wrote:
that's exactly what i said about the bible. lol.. they had to know it would be questioned by people not so easily led.. so they had to warn against these questions.. with warnings.. yes.. OUT OF FEAR!..

I agree

Quote:
Fatal.. i dont even know if i believe we've ever been to space. i mean.. seriously.. once i started to question my faith.. and then walked away.. i've been questioning everything that im "supposed" to know. i just want to f*k*ing know already lol.

The good thing about science is that you're never asked to believe out of "faith", the best you can do is to learn! Find the evidence for yourself.
0 Replies

Whip

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:54 pm
@JBeukema,
Roll an alien up in a tortilla, sprinkle a little picante sauce on it....Oops, wrong aliens. Sorry.

JB, I highly doubt you are a space alien. However, I think you might have been probed by an alien some place in Texas near the Mexican border. Or was you probed by a Catholic priest, thereby validating your hatred for all things Christian?

On a more serious note: If space aliens were to land and decide they want to stay, (taking jobs we are not smart enough to do), would we provide them with free health care, food stamps, cash assistance and fuzzy dice for their space ships?

I like crop circles. They are symmetrical, artistic and should be on display in the finest galleries. Truthfully, when is the last time we saw something so beautiful, (not including Playboys monthly centerfolds)?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 01:59 pm
@Whip,
Whip;67390 wrote:
Roll an alien up in a tortilla, sprinkle a little picante sauce on it....Oops, wrong aliens. Sorry.

Did you make a joke about being a cannibal?

Quote:
On a more serious note: If space aliens were to land and decide they want to stay, (taking jobs we are not smart enough to do), would we provide them with free health care, food stamps, cash assistance and fuzzy dice for their space ships?

It's the least we can do, what for them travelling all the way out here.

:p

Quote:
I like crop circles. They are symmetrical, artistic and should be on display in the finest galleries. Truthfully, when is the last time we saw something so beautiful, (not including Playboys monthly centerfolds)?

I think UFO advocates seem to underestimate the ingeniousness and artistry of the hoaxers.
mimidamnit

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 02:40 pm
@Whip,
Whip;67390 wrote:

JB, I highly doubt you are a space alien. However, I think you might have been probed by an alien some place in Texas near the Mexican border. Or was you probed by a Catholic priest, thereby validating your hatred for all things Christian?

for a christian??.. this sounds an awful lot like hatred.. be nice damnit
.. if u can post in defense of your faith.. criticizing and judging anyone who questions your belief system.. and then post something like this.. you cant possible wonder why i turned from your "god" can you?

oh wait.. they can hate on anyone as it pleases them. so long as us heathens dont hate on jews or christians... what bullshiit! GO FIGURE!! they are the only people allowed to place judgement on everyone else. whilst claiming it a sin.. typical.

if i were a mexican-american.. i'd take serious offense to you whip... tsk tsk
0 Replies

Numpty

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 03:29 pm
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67330 wrote:
I am sure that I am- it is self-evident. Whether you are, and if so, what you are, is there real question here. Are you a product of my delusion or yet another like myself?

Clearly a product of your delusion. Very Happy
Whip

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 05:04 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67391 wrote:
Did you make a joke about being a cannibal? Not at all, I did not mention Chihuahua dogs. I would be a cannibal if I ate any other animals or plants or bugs. According to some eating anything is cannibalism, (they are called evolutionists). If I am alive, I descended from one of the things I eat. Therefore I am a cannibal. Reckon I should quit eating. After you.

for a christian??.. this sounds an awful lot like hatred..What is wrong with "hatred"? Or are only Christians not suppose to hate? be nice damnit
.. if u can post in defense of your faith..We're discussing aliens here, remember? criticizing and judging anyone who questions your belief system.. and then post something like this.. you cant possible wonder why i turned from your "god" can you? I cannot concern myself with your turning against my God. That is between you and your conscience. ...gets old, quick. Would you mind posting with punctuations? Thank you.

oh wait.. they can hate on anyone as it pleases them. so long as us heathens dont hate on jews or christians... what bullshiit! GO FIGURE!! The topic is (space) aliens, remember? You started the topic.they are the only people allowed to place judgement on everyone else. whilst claiming it a sin.. typical. ALIENS -STAY ON THE TOPIC YOU CREATED. Nice boobs by the way, (just joking, I like them smaller and non attractive to buffalo and hungry Ethiopians. More than a mouthful is wasted.

if i were a mexican-american.. i'd take serious offense to you whip... tsk tsk I am not a Mexican so I have no concerns about their feelings, (poor little feelings). **** a bunch of Mexicans. **** Mexico and all of its inhabitants. And dead **** Mexicans in MY COUNTRY, created by, sustained by, WHITE AMERICANS!
JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 05:04 pm
@Whip,
Whip;67390 wrote:
B, I highly doubt you are a space alien.

Can you prove I am not an Annunaki?
0 Replies

JBeukema

Reply Mon 3 Aug, 2009 05:05 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;67404 wrote:
Clearly a product of your delusion. Very Happy

I want a better delusion :no:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 12:45 am
@Whip,
Whip;67411 wrote:
Not at all, I did not mention Chihuahua dogs. I would be a cannibal if I ate any other animals or plants or bugs. According to some eating anything is cannibalism, (they are called evolutionists). If I am alive, I descended from one of the things I eat. Therefore I am a cannibal. Reckon I should quit eating. After you.

I'm not sure you know what cannibalism means. Cannibalism is when you eat a member of your own species.

Chihuahuas are not part of our species, although I still wouldn't recommend eating one.

Quote:
What is wrong with "hatred"? Or are only Christians not suppose to hate?

Shouldn't you know it's in your book.

Quote:
I am not a Mexican so I have no concerns about their feelings, (poor little feelings).

I didn't expect you to have Consideration for people other than yourself. You are not a good person.

Quote:
*** a bunch of Mexicans. *** Mexico and all of its inhabitants. And dead *** Mexicans in MY COUNTRY, created by, sustained by, WHITE AMERICANS

Racists are nothing more than ignorant hicks, the whole lot of them.

Hopefully you are not one of them, are you? :dunno:
JBeukema

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 03:12 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;67429 wrote:

Racists are nothing more than ignorant hicks, the whole lot of them.
:

:rollinglaugh:

I'll let Jesse Jackson know you called him a hick

Are you always so ******* stupid?
mimidamnit

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 03:17 am
@mimidamnit,
what whip said.. i should stick to topic.. but it was still very ugly of you whip.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 4 Aug, 2009 07:16 am
@JBeukema,
JBeukema;67446 wrote:
:rollinglaugh:

I'll let Jesse Jackson know you called him a hick

Are you always so ***ing stupid?

Are you defending racism?