Struggling to survive

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 10:06 am
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Pesidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,691 • Replies: 53
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 11:45 am
@randyjohnson,
Vote for change, then don't wonder why you dad is paying even more taxes then before. I was Bush who cut taxes, how's he gonna feel when Hussein lets them expire and he now has to pay more?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 28 Sep, 2008 01:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60326 wrote:
Vote for change, then don't wonder why you dad is paying even more taxes then before. I was Bush who cut taxes, how's he gonna feel when Hussein lets them expire and he now has to pay more?

95% of working class Americans will receive a tax cut under Obama's tax plan. Unless you ride in a limo or personal helicopter to work you won't be paying any more in taxes under Obama's presidency.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 12:52 am
@randyjohnson,
Did you get a tax cut under bush? Will Hussein let it laps? He's got you snowed. Who do you think pays the majority of taxes the Government collects? You think it the middle class but in reality it the top 2 to 5 percent.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2008 10:21 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60355 wrote:
Did you get a tax cut under bush? Will Hussein let it laps? He's got you snowed. Who do you think pays the majority of taxes the Government collects? You think it the middle class but in reality it the top 2 to 5 percent.

red herring, stay on topic sanchez!

You said he would be paying more in taxes under Obama, i show how that is untrue and now you try to change the topic (of whether they deserve it or not) so that we forget your error, sorry it's not gonna work but you almost had me there!
Numpty

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 12:55 am
@randyjohnson,
randyjohnson;60325 wrote:
Because of George Bush, my parents are struggling to survive. My dad lost his weekly bonus at work and sometimes he's only able to work four days a week because of this recession.

I give my parents some money once a month but they're still struggling. My mom is having to use the little spending money she has to pay bills. They're barely able to make it.

If things get worse, my dad may be out of a job altogether and he may go under. Bush may have high hopes of getting us out of this recession but I have serious doubts.

Bush got us into this recession and many people like my dad are suffering. I doubt that John McCain can end this recession either.

Bush's dad also got us in a recession and it took a democrat to get us out of it. Republican Pesidents tend to get us into recessions. Democrat Presidents don't.

President Hoover was a republican and he was the President when the Great Depression began. At the moment George Bush is as popular as Hoover and that's not very popular.

I doubt that McCain can do a better job than Bush. On November the 4th Obama is going to be my choice.

As much as I loathe George Bush it is not his fault. We all have to take responsibility for our actions. Those who over streched themselves when taking on the prohibitivley large Mortgage, to the wheelers and dealers in the banking world who lent us more and more money until we couldn't borrow anymore or pay it back. No the state of the worlds ecconomy lies with the greed of everybody (myself included) who wanted everything NEW and NOW. What is happening now is a readjustment in the world ecconomy, how long it lasts will depend upon how much panic entails from the turbulence of the recent months.

The $700 Billion Dollar bail out is B/S, the banks get off scotfree for screwing up and Mr Joe Public has to bail their asses out while they sup pinocolada's on the Beach safe i nthe knowledge you guys are paying there wages and bonuses.

The scare mongering about a 1929 Wall Street crash may be true, but it wont affect pepole like it did last time, everyone had shares back then EVERYONE, how many poeple do you know that have a strong vested interest in stocks and shares,...me? Nobody. Sure people will lose jobs but at least your Government wont be saddled with a suffocating debt.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:15 am
@Numpty,
Americans as a whole have forgotten the definition of the word "budget".
Numpty

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:38 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;60387 wrote:
Americans as a whole have forgotten the definition of the word "budget".

The world has been brainwashed into not budgeting, 20, 30 -40 years ago people would have taken an item of machinery to a shop to get it fixed, be it a washer, TV, Video and you could get it fixed nice and cheap. Now you find it has become cheaper to buy a new item than it is to get it fixed, thus perpetuating our 'need' for all things shiney and new. You arn't cool if ur cell phone is older than 18 months, TV's 3-4 years, DVD players the same, Now everyone cant possibly watch TV with out a HD TV. Dont get me wrong, I am just as big a sucker as the next for new stuff, I just dont buy unless I can afford it.

Unfortunately too many people buy on the never never and are always in debt paying off for the latest gadget on HP. People need to take resposibility for their own actions. But at the same time credit checks need to be alot more stringent. However if and when that responsibility is taken then the ecconomy will suffer as people tighten their proverbial belts.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 03:39 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60326 wrote:
Vote for change, then don't wonder why you dad is paying even more taxes then before. I was Bush who cut taxes, how's he gonna feel when Hussein lets them expire and he now has to pay more?[/QUOTE

Yeh the republicans are great at running the economy :eek: clinton ran the economy better than reagan/bush and bush the imbecile.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60365 wrote:

You said he would be paying more in taxes under Obama, i show how that is untrue and now you try to change the topic (of whether they deserve it or not) so that we forget your error, sorry it's not gonna work but you almost had me there!

Quote:
Sorry bud, you are far from telling me what to do! I take by your tone you did receive a refund under Bush then?
Quote:
Unless you ride in a limo or personal helicopter to work you won't be paying any more in taxes under Obama's presidency.
My ASS.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:25 pm
@Numpty,
Numpty;60386 wrote:
As much as I loathe George Bush it is not his fault. We all have to take responsibility for our actions. Those who over streched themselves when taking on the prohibitivley large Mortgage, to the wheelers and dealers in the banking world who lent us more and more money until we couldn't borrow anymore or pay it back. No the state of the worlds ecconomy lies with the greed of everybody (myself included) who wanted everything NEW and NOW. What is happening now is a readjustment in the world ecconomy, how long it lasts will depend upon how much panic entails from the turbulence of the recent months.

The $700 Billion Dollar bail out is B/S, the banks get off scotfree for screwing up and Mr Joe Public has to bail their asses out while they sup pinocolada's on the Beach safe i nthe knowledge you guys are paying there wages and bonuses.

The scare mongering about a 1929 Wall Street crash may be true, but it wont affect pepole like it did last time, everyone had shares back then EVERYONE, how many poeple do you know that have a strong vested interest in stocks and shares,...me? Nobody. Sure people will lose jobs but at least your Government wont be saddled with a suffocating debt.

Nupty saying it's not Georgie's fault, the world is coming to an end!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 01:27 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;60391 wrote:
Drnaline;60326 wrote:
Vote for change, then don't wonder why you dad is paying even more taxes then before. I was Bush who cut taxes, how's he gonna feel when Hussein lets them expire and he now has to pay more?[/QUOTE

Yeh the republicans are great at running the economy :eek: clinton ran the economy better than reagan/bush and bush the imbecile.[/QUOTE]Clinton ran? After interns, with a cigar in hissssssssssssss Mouth, LOL.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2008 10:49 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60431 wrote:
scooby-doo;60391 wrote:
Clinton ran? After interns, with a cigar in hissssssssssssss Mouth, LOL.

Clinton balanced the books something you can't say about Reagan/Bush & Bush/Cheney,did getting a blowjob affect the economy ?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2008 12:16 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60429 wrote:
Sorry bud, you are far from telling me what to do!

You are right but i ask once again.....stay on topic.

so will you admit you were wrong about paying taxes under Obama's tax plan?

Quote:
I take by your tone you did receive a refund under Bush then?My ASS.

It matters not. It was a political stunt to gather support, it was a "feel good" solution that solved nothing. Not even comparable to Obama's tax plan.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:58 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;60450 wrote:

Clinton balanced the books something you can't say about Reagan/Bush & Bush/Cheney,did getting a blowjob affect the economy ?

Clinton also pushed to freddy and fanny to lend to whom couldn't afford it, just where we are now because of it? Some balance, he set up the country for what would be it's biggest fall!
Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:20 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60473 wrote:
You are right but i ask once again.....stay on topic.

It matters not. It was a political stunt to gather support, it was a "feel good" solution that solved nothing. Not even comparable to Obama's tax plan.
Quote:
No, Husseins for the bailout, who's gonna pay for it? That credit you got from bush your gonna wish for another but none will be coming under Hussein.
Quote:

It matters not. It was a political stunt to gather support, it was a "feel good" solution that solved nothing.
It was so feelgood you could spend it huh? If you thought it solved nothing why didn't you send it back? It was to green to send back.
Quote:
Not even comparable to Obama's tax plan.
So what is his plan?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:28 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60502 wrote:
No, Husseins for the bailout, who's gonna pay for it?
I don't think either of us particularly like the bailout, but if those companies go under we could be looking at another depression on our hands, we really don't have a whole lot of options.

Quote:
That credit you got from bush your gonna wish for another but none will be coming under Hussein.

we get tax breaks under Obama.

Quote:

It was so feelgood you could spend it huh? If you thought it solved nothing why didn't you send it back? It was to green to send back.
How do you know i didn't?

Quote:
So what is his plan?

build the economy from the bottom up. Ease the burden on the middle and lower classes and they will spend the money stimulating the economy in contrast to giving the rich tax breaks who simply put their tax breaks in the bank and let it collect interest furthering the gap between the rich and the poor.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:38 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60505 wrote:
I don't think either of us particularly like the bailout, but if those companies go under we could be looking at another depression on our hands, we really don't have a whole lot of options.

build the economy from the bottom up. Ease the burden on the middle and lower classes and they will spend the money stimulating the economy in contrast to giving the rich tax breaks who simply put their tax breaks in the bank and let it collect interest furthering the gap between the rich and the poor.
Quote:
I say ***em.
Quote:
Time will tell.
Quote:
You've been coy up to now, i think you spent it like everybody else did.
Quote:
in contrast to giving the rich tax breaks
Did you get a tax break under bush? You must be rich then by your standard.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 10:51 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;60507 wrote:
I say ***em.
I'm glad to see you have such great concern for the american...who is the patriot now?

Quote:
Time will tell.
The same could be said of any political promise.

Quote:
You've been coy up to now, i think you spent it like everybody else did.

Ah ha ha..... you don't even know if I got one or not nonetheless whether i spent it! You can speculate if you want, but your tricks won't work on me. You'll try to use any personal information you can get...so i'm not even gonna play that game. This way you'll be forced to stick to the issue.

Quote:
Did you get a tax break under bush? You must be rich then by your standard.
two words:

"Trickle Down"
Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2008 09:48 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;60510 wrote:
I'm glad to see you have such great concern for the american...who is the patriot now?

Ah ha ha..... you don't even know if I got one or not nonetheless whether i spent it! You can speculate if you want, but your tricks won't work on me. You'll try to use any personal information you can get...so i'm not even gonna play that game. This way you'll be forced to stick to the issue.

two words:

"Trickle Down"
Quote:
You better start a revolution because complaints on a web forum aren't gonna change a damn thing!
As compared too?
Quote:
Yup, wait and see is all you got.
Quote:
Your not going to play because you know you lose as soon as you answer. Like i say, your avoidance says it all. You got one just like the rest of the rich people who got one.