Are you an after-Thanksgiving day Christmas shopper?

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 10:48 am
Are you among the crowds Christmas shopping on the day after Thanksgiving? Or do you stay home and avoid the crowds? Do you buy at Malls or small neighborhood shops? Or do you shop on-line or via mail-order catalogues from your home? Do you tend to give home-made gifts rather than things bought from a store?

BumbleBeeBoogie
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,174 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:56 pm
I stay AWAY from all malls around that time. I do my Christmas shopping during the summer on line or I make gifts.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 01:58 pm
I don't mind, when and where others buy my gifts.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:19 pm
Re: Are you an after-Thanksgiving day Christmas shopper?
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Are you among the crowds Christmas chopping on the day after Thanksgiving? Or do you stay home and avoid the crowds? Do you buy at Malls or small neighborhood shops? Or do you shop on-line or via mail-order catalogues from your home? Do you tend to give home-made gifts rather than things bought from a store?

BumbleBeeBoogie

Christmas Chopping? Very Happy Nope, and I don't shop either on a day like this. When I do shop (or chop... I'm liking that concept!), I'm all over the map... but I don't go to malls very often.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 02:29 pm
I wouldn't go withing five miles from a mall today. I let my fingers do the walking!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:29 pm
I just had my first ever, day-after-Thanksgiving shopping experience. I LOVED it. I will do it again and again and again. It was lovely.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:33 pm
noooooooooo thank you.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:20 pm
Piffka
Piffka, Christmas "chopping" Laughing Must have been a Freudian slip that I didn't notice.

BBB
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 06:23 pm
BBB Very Happy (It was too good not to comment on!)

Still stunned that ehBeth enjoyed herself. What?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 06:24 pm
no no no no no no no

no
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 06:31 pm
I didn't.

Makin' lots of things this year. I did some day-after-Thanksgiving MAKING. (16-year-old cousin has a zebra-stripe theme in her bedroom. Made her a set of zebra-stripe frames -- three cheap wood ones from Ikea, drew on a pattern I found in Google image search with black marker, will apply varnish later. They look pretty cool!!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 11:43 am
piff - it was fun! i only went to a couple of stores - mainly Garden Ridge and Bed, Bath and Beyond. BB&B was nothin', but Garden Ridge was wonderful. Not extraordinarily crowded, at least to my expectations - and the deals were great.

Last night, Setanta needed to go get a new monitor for his system, so I tagged along (o.k., I drove, but it wasn't my trip). I found a pair of great pants and a co-ordinating top for $1 each (and they tossed in the hangers). I like that kind of shopping a lot!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 11:43 am
delete dup post
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 11:57 am
$1 each?

Garden Ridge is an Ohio thing?

I think I've found another selling point.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:14 pm
Any leopard print, Beth?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:17 pm
ooooooooooooh, soz - you would love Garden Ridge - good crafty stuff there. pretty much every time i've been here i've been able to snag really nice gifty/crafty stuff.

one of the things from yesterday's excursion was some 'seasonal' floor mats - reduced 90% from $6. I picked up 6 of them - my neighbours won't care if my welcome mat has autumn leaves. And at about 3 for $1 (the cashier got excited and applied another deduction at the cash - so they were 2 for $0.68), I won't mind tossing one when it gets a bit grubby.

I thought of you as I was driving from Cleveland to Columbus on Thursday - it is definitely NOT a pancake-flat landscape. The hills are HILLY! I'm going to try and liberate some OHIO mags from Setanta and find a way to mail them to you - interesting history - what to do in the area ...

now, if the pancakes were viennese nockelrn - Ohio could be said to be somewhat pancake like

http://www.tv-koechin.de/im_quark-nockerln2.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:18 pm
hehehehehe

you ALMOST got me, swimp.

the leopard print towels that cover the hatch lid in the car did come from Garden Ridge - just not this trip. Laughing
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 12:34 pm
Hilly! Yay!

Crafty and cheap! More yay!

Cashiers who get excited and apply extra discounts! I'm gonna go start packin'...

[size=7](nevermind the tiny detail that E.G. hasn't gotten an offer yet...)[/size]
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:42 pm
No!

Just another reason why:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&e=9&u=/ap/20031129/ap_on_re_us/trampled_shopper
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 01:51 pm
Good grief. There weren't any of those trampling hordes at Garden Ridge. There was an interesting (to me) phenomenon, though. Sets of couples, shopping together. Two or three couples, the women shopping, the men standing at the ends of the aisles together chatting and leaning on shopping carts. I've never seen pack couple shopping before. I've seen women in groups, and individual couples, but never couples who seemed to shopping as a couples social activity. Interesting. All in all, the shoppers in Columbus seem quite civilized. Even on the biggest shopping day of the year.
0 Replies