Real progress in Iraq!

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:48 pm
U.S. soldiers are committing suicide at record levels, young officers are abandoning their military careers, and the heavy use of forces in Iraq has made it harder for the military to fight conflicts that could arise elsewhere.

Army under stress from long wars - Yahoo! News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,426 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 07:19 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55919 wrote:
U.S. soldiers are committing suicide at record levels, young officers are abandoning their military careers, and the heavy use of forces in Iraq has made it harder for the military to fight conflicts that could arise elsewhere.

The war is a nightmare, but we're stuck.:no:
Drakej

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 09:40 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55919 wrote:

Lobby your state officials for more funding through your local VA or something along those lines to provide more outreach programs for mental health.

Or better yet contact your VA's local OIF coordinator and see if there is any thing you can do to help. Any thing at all will be much appreciated.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 11 Apr, 2008 08:52 am
@Drakej,
Drakej;55934 wrote:
Lobby your state officials for more funding through your local VA or something along those lines to provide more outreach programs for mental health.

Or better yet contact your VA's local OIF coordinator and see if there is any thing you can do to help. Any thing at all will be much appreciated.

I was thinking more along the lines of....

Getting the hell 'outta there!
Drakej

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:02 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55947 wrote:
I was thinking more along the lines of....

Getting the hell 'outta there!

That solves the issue of more people being affected. But does absolutely nothing for those who are going through this.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 12 Apr, 2008 07:35 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;56008 wrote:
That solves the issue of more people being affected. But does absolutely nothing for those who are going through this.

Once they get back home they can seek professional help, I'm sure insurance would cover it.
Drakej

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:03 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56016 wrote:
Once they get back home they can seek professional help, I'm sure insurance would cover it.

If that where the case then why do we have so many suicides? There needs to be more required screening to actually do any good. Many soldiers, sailors and marines are much to proud to go out on their own to seek assistance.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:35 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;56072 wrote:
If that where the case then why do we have so many suicides? There needs to be more required screening to actually do any good. Many soldiers, sailors and marines are much to proud to go out on their own to seek assistance.

I think its a problem because they can't go back home.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:10 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;55927 wrote:
The war is a nightmare, but we're stuck.:no:

Who's fault is that ?
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:10 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56085 wrote:
Who's fault is that ?

What good does it do at this point to keep blaming Bush? You sound like a broken record. Right. Got it. It's Bush's fault. Now...............how the frig do we get out, responsibly? Do you have anything besides, "It's Bush's fault"?:no:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 08:13 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56123 wrote:
What good does it do at this point to keep blaming Bush? You sound like a broken record. Right. Got it. It's Bush's fault. Now...............how the frig do we get out, responsibly? Do you have anything besides, "It's Bush's fault"?:no:

LOL that is good coming from you pino,who hates the Clintons with a passion,what did they do that comes close to the mess that Bush and his cronies have caused in Iraq, 4000 dead soldiers,the war costing the US ecomy a fortune,whats worse,getting a blowjob or invading Iraq ?
Drakej

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:19 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56079 wrote:
I think its a problem because they can't go back home.

Most suicides occur when they get back stateside. The reasons for suicide run very deep and I don't really think this is the thread to debate those reasons. But I will agree 100% that this problem is getting very much out of hand.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 07:17 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;56162 wrote:
Most suicides occur when they get back stateside. The reasons for suicide run very deep and I don't really think this is the thread to debate those reasons. But I will agree 100% that this problem is getting very much out of hand.

War trauma i'm guessing?
Drakej

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 07:41 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56166 wrote:
War trauma i'm guessing?

Honestly your guess would be as good as mine. I have not been to war so I cannot give a solid answer. I have been spending quit a bit of time reading books written by guys that have been in the **** to try and get an honest perspective on the things they have to deal with. I honestly do not think this is a cut and dry issue. From what I can tell, most people can handle the killing of bad people trying to kill them. The hard part comes when they start thinking about WHY they had to be put in that situation.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 07:12 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;56144 wrote:
LOL that is good coming from you pino,who hates the Clintons with a passion,what did they do that comes close to the mess that Bush and his cronies have caused in Iraq, 4000 dead soldiers,the war costing the US ecomy a fortune,whats worse,getting a blowjob or invading Iraq ?

Discussing morality with you is pointless. You're undecided on everything, except your hatred for Bush (what....what has Brown done to free Ireland, Scoob? What?). Why would morality be any different? You and FF are devoid of belief, period. No......Clinton is an immoral man. Bush is not. Unpopular wars have been fought since the dawn of time. Neville Chamberlain's cowardice cost Czechoslovakia its freedom, and its Jews, their lives. It also directly contributed to WWII in Europe, which killed over 50 million people. Who is worse -- Chamberlain or Bush? :dunno:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 17 Apr, 2008 08:08 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56277 wrote:
Discussing morality with you is pointless. You're undecided on everything, except your hatred for Bush (what....what has Brown done to free Ireland, Scoob? What?). Why would morality be any different? You and FF are devoid of belief, period. No......Clinton is an immoral man. Bush is not. Unpopular wars have been fought since the dawn of time. Neville Chamberlain's cowardice cost Czechoslovakia its freedom, and its Jews, their lives. It also directly contributed to WWII in Europe, which killed over 50 million people. Who is worse -- Chamberlain or Bush? :dunno:

So you have to fear the invisible magic man in the sky to have morals?
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56292 wrote:
So you have to fear the invisible magic man in the sky to have morals?

I doubt you can you even point to the source of whatever morality you claim to possess. Let me guess -- "well.........stuff like decent behavior, I guess.":spaz:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 18 Apr, 2008 09:08 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56343 wrote:
I doubt you can you even point to the source of whatever morality you claim to possess. Let me guess -- "well.........stuff like decent behavior, I guess.":spaz:

Source of morality = survival

...is that clear enough for you?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 05:46 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;56365 wrote:
Source of morality = survival

...is that clear enough for you?

THAT is no enduring, universal, or even practical code of morality. Civilization cannot be built and maintained on such disguised nihilism. Hitler convinced the German nation it needed him to 'survive', and then thrive. Look what he did to the world because they were dumb enough to believe him.

That's what I'm saying -- you, Nump and Scooby are classic whiners and malcontents, but you have absolutely NOTHING realistic or even well thought-out to offer as an alternative to that which you constantly complain about and condemn. YOU ARE NOT THINKING MEN. Your socio-economic, political and historical analysis extends no further than the end of your noses.:thumbdown:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 08:38 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;56277 wrote:

LOL i see your getting off topic again,bring up Ireland,which as you well know that i believe in a United ireland,you backed the war in Iraq :beat:
0 Replies