6 years of Friendship sunked by an IDIOT

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 02:41 am
Bear with me. I am about to explain, at least, a seven year history within a short amount of space so that the question I am going to ask can be answered. Now it is only fair to say I am looking for opinions of what to do if you were in my shoes. Try to be a little sesitive in your answering because this is gravely difficult for me to put into words.

Okay I met this girl in High School. We became friends and of course I started to like her. I tell her that I like her more than a friend at the end of the school year. She explains that she is not ready for a relationship. She had just gotten out of a relationship five months prior. OK fine. The next time I ask is about a year later same response. I ask again about a year after that same response. Except she said that she wanted to waite until after she gets out of High School. I asked then and it was not ready. I cannot explain how much I liked her. It was so engrossing that I couldn't even look at another girl without feeling like I have cheated on her, even though we were not going out. She was the whole reason I started writing poetry. The only reason. One time we went walking and she wanted a rose and I refused to get one. Well the next day I felt bad so I went to a florist and got her 11 white roses and one red rose and had them sent to her job. She loved them and that was the first time anyone has ever gave her roses. That was a lot of money, but at the time worth it. I dedicated a song to her on the radio "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw and taped it and gave it to her. She still would not respond with liking me. She would later on in two years. So we liked each other at the same time. But I don't really remember what occurred something was a miss with me. When she wanted something further then this playful banter and stuff I falter in wording. She claims I said I did not want a relationship at the moment. She is very bad at keeping in touch. So bad that if I was not the one to call her we would never talk. She probably knows more about me then I know about her. She is so guarded. She claimed me as a Best friend. Funny. Very. The thing is last year I sent her a letter telling her that I really love her and she writes me back saying she has a boyfriend. Nice. I met this boy. And I did not like him. I have a great knack for telling within the first minute wether or not I like someone. Come to find out he is a big flirt with every single girl and touches them.

She emails everyone of her "friends" and tells them she is engaged in May. Well I read the email but did not respond. I called her at her work to ask her something, she gave me the answer but did not tell me that she was engaged. Oh it was asking her if she would go out to eat with me and my friend. We all got to gether and I saw the boy again and nothing. He is such a loser. He got no points on that night. She had the ring on and still did not tell me she was engaged. I wanted her to verbably tell me. And she couldn't.

In July I call her on her cell and tell her why she shouldn't marry him and all my concerns. Well in the back ground I could hear the boy asking who it is on the phone - butthead - he wasn't asking like he was curious. No he WANTED to know. She told him everything I said. We emailed back and forth. She told me the boy thought it was inappropriate for me to be talking to her about this. So I didn't. She emails me asking why she shouldn't marry him. I e mail the reason and she says I should stop talking about her wedding and trying to convince her not to marry, and that the only way I would be happy is if she didn't.

At that point I stoped talking to her. I hated her so much. I was so mad that she thought I was trying to ruin her happiness. That hurt so much. She didn't send me an invitation to her wedding. That hurt. It was the value of the invitation more then anything. I wanted one but I was not going to go because I would not have wanted to. But she had been my friend for 6 years. And I didn't get to be there on that day nor was I invited. She claims she knew I wasn't going and thought not to send one.

I called her on her cell a few times to get her but never did. So I left a voice mail saying how I want to be friends. I wanted to work this out. Well I did this frienster thing and when I saw her picture with dork boy I couldn't handle it. I don't think I can be friends with her any more. I want to and I will miss our great banter but I can't like him. I was Indiana Jones getting the artifact working hard to find it and retrieve it and when I do someone swoops in and steals it from me and taints it. I don't want it back because it isn't the original. He stole something I worked so hard to get. She does not learn and has not been a great friend, even after the marriage. Would you try to make the friendship work or would you throw away 6 years and lose a great friend?

I do wish I never met her. I wish I never met her. I so want to move on but I hit set backs and moving on doesn't work so easily as I would hope. I hate her so much. But I love her. It is so hard to explain how much I wish she could feel the pain she gave me.

Okay so it wasn't short. Sorry.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,706 • Replies: 40
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 02:49 am
I went down almost the exact same road a long time ago, my friend, and although it is a cliche, it is true that time heals all wounds. I do see now that I am way better off without her, and we would have made a horrible couple.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 05:54 am
So, a gal who you never went out with (but loved from afar) married someone else, and now you're upset about that.

Not to be too harsh, but, seriously, what did you expect? She didn't like you as a boyfriend, she wanted you as a friend. And in time, she met someone who she fell in love with and got married. Of course she wouldn't invite you to her wedding - she wouldn't have wanted you to make a scene, and certainly didn't want to hurt you.

Move on with your life. You've obsessed far too long. Find a woman who doesn't want to be just friends, and forget this gal. Over time (thanks, cav), you'll find this isn't so important to you any more.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 06:00 am
I don't believe you were ever truly friends. I suspect you did what ever she wanted whenever she asked, in the hope that one day she would "see the light" and come running. That will never happen. Learn, move on, and don't let it happen again.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 06:14 am
I agree with what the others have said. You were smitten with this girl, and unfortunately, it was not mutual. I think that from what you say, your expectations of the relationship were totally unrealistic.

You seem to have a lot to give. Why not save your emotional energy until you find someone who can love with the same intensity that you do?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 06:36 am
buy a dog, pay for hookers. You will have unconditional love and all the sex you want and come out WAY cheaper in the long run.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 10:37 pm
I agree with the others. Good luck to you.
0 Replies

grottomaster

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:19 pm
Blue, I hate to tell you this my friend but your approach to this situation has not been a mature one. You wear your heart on your sleeve.
Forget this one. You've already messed it up.
I know people who have bounced around with the same person like this until they're 40 and they're STILL miserable and whining around.
There are many fish in the sea my friend. Next time, don't try to own them. Just stick yer toe in the water and build on that. If it goes somewhere, then fine. If it doesn't, you're not out too much.
I can tell by your story that you are a very possessive person. You need to kill that. That will ruin you with good women.
Right girls?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2003 11:21 pm
Right on grotto ;-)
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:32 pm
I would advise you start drinking heavily, and do so with a vengance.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:33 pm
SkwerlX!! Were your ears ringing?
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:52 pm
Should they be???
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:54 pm
Yes, lil'k was just fantasizing about you. Loudly.
0 Replies

Skwerl X

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:55 pm
Well alrighty then.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:55 pm
Hahaha! Seriously, where was the discussion about skwerlx happening?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 03:57 pm
It was on the "who do you think is the most daft person of all time" thread.

Kiddin' but if you search for skwerlx you should be able to find it. Here's one: http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15620&highlight=skwerl
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:11 pm
The SkwerlX discussion was under the thread "Who would you most want to kill?"

Bluemonkey, you sound like you're a serial killer in the making...seriously, you sound a little "psycho."
Buying a girl flowers and telling her you love her isn't going to "make" her feel the same way. That's not the kind of work you have to put in to get a girl to become attracted to you, and sometimes, they're just not going to be attracted to you no matter what. Gotta accept it and move on.

She didn't invite you to the wedding, because you harrassed her with reasons why she shouldn't marry her fiance. Do you blame her? You would have been miserable, and probably would have made a scene.

Next time, don't keep asking a girl if she's ready for a relationship. That's going to drive her away, if anything. If she rejects you once, delete her # from your phone, or accept being just friends.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:17 pm
Slappy

Gosh, you're becoming more helpful & insightful by the minute!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:45 pm
Yup, very good advice Slappy ;-)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:50 pm
Thanks to slappy for going where no one else really wanted to go but should have.....
0 Replies