Patriot Act DOES harm Citizens

92b16vx

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 06:59 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39529 wrote:
,we have to stop terrorist,

And that is EXACTLY what they are hoping for. They have created the illusion that there is a "terrorist" under every bed, sold you the fear, and we have to root them out by give up our liberties, and privacy, and if we don't we are unpatriotic. Well, THAT is UnAmerican to the tenth degree.

Quote:
now if the means we have to have our phones taps for a little while sobe it,

No, period, end of story.
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:14 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39529 wrote:
I think your making mountains out of moldhills,we have to stop terrorist, now if the means we have to have our phones taps for a little while sobe it, i have nothing to hide, hell they are looking for terrorist , not john doe looking for phone sex or an oz of pot,I took an oath to defend this country,from terrorist or even "Jackbooted storm troopers", so I fear no man...

Comparatively, Saddam Hussein was a molehill compared to the mountains out there. Terrorism has been around long before us... why now do we need to be under the big black boot of the gov't?

You say "a little while". Once again, do you honestly think this will stop? Do you believe that once it's "Mission Accomplished" that they will close up shop, stop monitoring citizens and go back to the way things were?

Why do you think we are so adamant? Once you give something up, you will NEVER get it back. There's no such thing as "a little while".
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:22 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;39537 wrote:
Comparatively, Saddam Hussein was a molehill compared to the mountains out there. Terrorism has been around long before us... why now do we need to be under the big black boot of the gov't?

You say "a little while". Once again, do you honestly think this will stop? Do you believe that once it's "Mission Accomplished" that they will close up shop, stop monitoring citizens and go back to the way things were?

Why do you think we are so adamant? Once you give something up, you will NEVER get it back. There's no such thing as "a little while".
I don't live in fear,and I am man enough, that if they don't stop after this is over with, I will join many others thatwill take up arms and make them stop...
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:34 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39539 wrote:
I don't live in fear,and I am man enough, that if they don't stop after this is over with, I will join many others thatwill take up arms and make them stop...

I will hold you to that until the day I die.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 07:50 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;39546 wrote:
I will hold you to that until the day I die.
As you may,,and if it come down to it.. i will find it an honor to stand side by side in the defend of this great nation..:thumbup:
mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:14 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;39492 wrote:
No, it is not...

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/9418/forsaleresizedot5.jpg

Nice I have a SKS. More accurate at distance.

wvpeach..........What? Your thinking Vietnam.

The soldiers in this war are being treated with honor by most Americans when they get home. They come home to love and people who want to help them anyway we can.

Try to stay in the current decade!

If I can regress, lol

Sure wish we had a Welcome Home. I got in a 0330 HRS. to avoid the protesters. Then fitted for my uniform like the other 900 guys at FT. Lewis.
Then told it would be better for those flying east to not wear the uniform. I put mine on. Beware any civilian that got in my way. But none did. I was 167 pounds of pure muscle and had a 1,000 yard stare that keep many away. And I had the code of conduct that wouldn't allow me to hit a civilian. SO the look was enough. And today there are the same sorry civilians which make serving a hard job. Lucky there are far fewer.
wvpeach wish you were there for us of the Nam era.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:19 am
@Freeman15,
They call my father a baby killer and threw dog **** at him, when he got back..
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:23 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39554 wrote:
As you may,,and if it come down to it.. i will find it an honor to stand side by side in the defend of this great nation..:thumbup:

As shall I :thumbup:
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:27 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;39566 wrote:
As shall I :thumbup:
amen..and believe me whae I say there are millions just like us..them poor bastards in office don't stand a chance..:patriot:
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:28 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;39562 wrote:
So where is you head gear or diaper as I call it?

wvpeach..........What? Your thinking Vietnam.

The soldiers in this war are being treated with honor by most Americans when they get home. They come home to love and people who want to help them anyway we can.

Try to stay in the current decade!

If I can regress, lol

Sure wish we had a Welcome Home. I got in a 0330 HRS. to avoid the protesters. Then fitted for my uniform like the other 900 guys at FT. Lewis.
Then told it would be better for those flying east to not wear the uniform. I put mine on. Beware any civilian that got in my way. But none did. I was 167 pounds of pure muscle and had a 1,000 yard stare that keep many away. And I had the code of conduct that wouldn't allow me to hit a civilian. SO the look was enough. And today there are the same sorry civilians which make serving a hard job. Lucky there are far fewer.
wvpeach wish you were there for us of the Nam era.
we call your helments, Brain boxes, or steel pots.
AMERICAFIRST cv

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:29 am
@Freeman15,
Be back later, have to take meds, so I can get that loving feeling again..
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:29 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
I am sorry that happened to your father .

But that does not change the fact that soldiers are being welcomed home with love and compassion by most Americans in this war.

AMERICAFIRST;39564 wrote:
They call my father a baby killer and threw dog **** at him, when he got back..
wvpeach

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:39 am
@wvpeach,
Well my family has always served in the military my daughter just got out of the army , she set up hospitals in Kuwait at the beginning of the Iraq war . Thank God she is out of the army now. My dad was in Korea and I had many relatives in Vietnam. Both my brothers were in the first dessert storm.

I have been against this war in Iraq from the start . I just do not think it was necessary. But I give a donation each month to project helmet to get the soldiers the head gear they need and I pack shoe boxes once a month to send to soldiers. We are up to 342 boxes a month and will send one to any soldier we get a address on in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do this through the ladies Eagles auxiliary .

It appears that the treatment after Vietnam is still a sore spot for some of you who served. And I am sorry you were treated that way. I really am .

There are always a few bad apples but I do not believe soldiers who come home are being treated that way in this war. I havn't seen anybody who blames this on the soldiers. Most I know honor their service and feel sorry for all they have went through. Believe me they'd have to go through me and that would not be easy to spit on a soldier if I was around.

But I am still against this stupid war. I regret that any US soldier has lost their life in this war , or been injured. And I regret all the civilian deaths in Iraq.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:44 am
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39554 wrote:

Man I think your stint in the Military has twisted your thinking a wee bit. Now I am not flaming you or your ideas, really.
But this great nation is an illusion. Once the stock market, electrical grid or many other important things like the new communication for the Military goes belly up then you will see the real America. People shooting, looting and random power by unsavory people used against the weak. The uniform services of state and government in action will shock even you!
What you served and what is real are two different monsters. Believe me friend.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 08:54 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;39577 wrote:
Man I think your stint in the Military has twisted your thinking a wee bit. Now I am not flaming you or your ideas, really.
But this great nation is an illusion. Once the stock market, electrical grid or many other important things like the new communication for the Military goes belly up then you will see the real America. People shooting, looting and random power by unsavory people used against the weak. The uniform services of state and government in action will shock even you!
What you served and what is real are two different monsters. Believe me friend.

That's not America. That's humans in general. A person is smart. People are dumb and panicky. Although I do not approve of some of the things our reps do on our behalf, I still stand firm behind my belief that this is a great nation.
0 Replies

Freeman15

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 01:23 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39539 wrote:

The nice thing about the "war on terror" is it never ends. Terrorism is a tactic, not an enemy, so the war, and thus the police states can go on forever if we don't reject it. Your reckless political thinking worries me.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:09 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;39537 wrote:

So true. each president says he will cut government and it still grows everytime a president is elected or re-elected. They are not there for the average man or woman.
When are Americans going to wake up? After it is done deal!
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:15 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39570 wrote:
we call your helments, Brain boxes, or steel pots.

I hated the damn thing. I dumped one every chance I got. I called them bullet magnets. They were DX able. Pi**ed my platoon Sargent off but better pi** off than on. I must have had 15 or more. I got the wounded guys helmet once. And at Dak To we had 47 with holes in the head through the steel pot. So I keep the last one. I didn't want one with a bullet hole already in it.
0 Replies

mlurp

Reply Fri 28 Sep, 2007 05:20 pm
@AMERICAFIRST cv,
AMERICAFIRST;39567 wrote:
amen..and believe me whae I say there are millions just like us..them poor bastards in office don't stand a chance..:patriot:

there are a whole lot of reserve and National Guard troopers that know each other and know the pain and the fact Bush, doesn't do enough for them. he just makes veterans and once used up they linger. I am telling you Bush, isn't going to leacve the White House unless the citizens speak louder and in one voice. which i doubt will ever happen.
wvpeach

Reply Sat 29 Sep, 2007 07:58 am
@mlurp,
Bush not leaving the white house has worried me too mlurp. But lately I am pretty sure he and the clintons are working for the same team. So he may leave and our next president may have already been picked for us. Hillary, as scary as that thought is.

mlurp;39627 wrote:
there are a whole lot of reserve and National Guard troopers that know each other and know the pain and the fact Bush, doesn't do enough for them. he just makes veterans and once used up they linger. I am telling you Bush, isn't going to leacve the White House unless the citizens speak louder and in one voice. which i doubt will ever happen.
0 Replies