Iraqis Wrestle With Jewish Factor

hobitbob

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 04:53 pm
au1929 wrote:
Hobitbob
Me and most of the American public are bigots?

You are indeed bigoted. The "most of the American public" comment had to do with support for Hitler in the pre-WWII era.

Quote:
Do you wish for their death also.

I don't wish for anyone's death.

Quote:
I guess that is your peoples way.

Oh no, you aren't bigoted at all, are you?

Quote:
I don't doubt that you also pray for the US failure in Iraq and Afghanistan as well.

They have already failed. I just hope something can be done to provide for the safety of the population of both countries.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:12 pm
No wonder I thought I'd posted it -- I had, in another thread. Oh well. And when I went to delete it, "Hamster" reported that I can only delete my own posts. Go figure. Ain't technology interesting!
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:14 pm
I like how several people (*cough*e_brown*cough*) continue to level baseless accusations of bigotry without actually explaining the questions I posed to them. Convenient.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:20 pm
When all else fails yell racism or in this instance bigotry and that is supposed to scare one off. I have news for you I don't scare easily. Never have and never will Hobbit.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:44 pm
au1929 wrote:
When all else fails yell racism or in this instance bigotry and that is supposed to scare one off. I have news for you I don't scare easily. Never have and never will Hobbit.

Good. That may be your one redeeming factor. But your bigoted rhetoric implies you are afraid..afraid of people different from yourself.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:52 pm
Afraid of no one especially not "I hate America" Hobbits.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:53 pm
A false statement.
Quote:
These ordinances may be hard for Jews and Christians to swallow as their Bibles contain no similar directives.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 05:56 pm
au1929 wrote:
Afraid of no one especially not "I hate America" Hobbits.

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2003 10:48 pm
40% of americans have a favorable opinion of islam. 34% have an unfavorable opinion. 26% have no opinion.
2/3 of americans say they don't know much about islam. those who say they don't know much about islam are 19% more likely to view it unfavorably.
58% of non-religious americans have a favorable opinion of islam compared to 19% of evangelical protestants.
republicans have a more unfavorable opinion of islam than democrats. protestants have a more unfavorable opinion of islam than catholics.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2003 08:09 am
Ye110 -- Them's interesting statistics (from where?). I'm one of the non-religious and therefore "judge" religions based on a kind of aesthetic + moral + intellectual content. Using those criteria, evangelical Christians would have to be at the bottom of the list of known religions. Taken together, Islam and Judaism are a good combo -- Judaism is low on aesthetic appeal but high on moral and intellectual content, Islam is high on aesthetic and not low on the others. Christianity's aesthetic didn't, by and large, cross the Atlantic.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 7 Dec, 2003 06:00 pm
I think IronLionZion posted a series of very insightful, spot-on posts here. Compliments. Thanks, ILZ. I remember we had a very interesting disagreement on the roots of Muslim fundamentalism (and what solutions should be) on the Guantanamo thread.

Also noticed that noone here much took the effort of responding much to any of his posts ... Instead everyone seems to be much more comfortable with picking out an 'enemy' they can battle out their predictable good/bad, cons/lib, "Muslims are terrorists" vs. "Those who say so are bigots" discussion with ... :-(
0 Replies