Your views on suspected terrorists who are from your country...

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 05:43 am
i thought id share my view with everyone here as some were asking. In my opinion if you are a terrorist or suspected terrorist (with good reason) then i dont have any sympathy for you. Im sorry but i love my country and to think that someone would want to kill people from their own country is discusting and these people deserve to be shot on site or rot in prison.

In regards to David Hicks, this guy was clearly guilty of treason yet he will be released back into society by the end of this year (im in Adelaide, my house is 50km away from the jail he is now in) my only issue with the whole 'hicks affair' is that the australian government should have convicted him here in australia. Would have saved alot of time and money if someone just put a bullet through his head instead of capturing him.

Strong view you say? Anyone that threatens my freedom or anyones freedom doesnt deserve to have any of their own. :headbang:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,220 • Replies: 41
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:29 am
@cornnfedd,
I'm with you on that one.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:39 am
@cornnfedd,
cornnfedd;19361 wrote:
Strong view you say? Anyone that threatens my freedom or anyones freedom doesnt deserve to have any of their own. :headbang:

So, does that include officials that take away freedom daily in the "interest of national security"?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:41 am
@cornnfedd,
What freedoms have been taken away from you? Can you be a little more specific?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 07:59 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19368 wrote:
What freedoms have been taken away from you? Can you be a little more specific?

Have you ever been detained in an airport for...nothing? I have so have many. Video surveillance on every street corner, national ID cards, stripping of gun rights, bills going up the chain trying to broaden the scope of the Patriot Act. Things most people accept because they are scared of "terrorist", or "criminals" allow overzealous lawmakers to incrementally take a little more, than a little more, than a little more. Though I guess as long as sheeple can still watch American Idol, and get a Big Mac nothing really matters, and those that worry about things like this, and the broader implications are wingnuts. Sorry if our privacy is important, yes I consider privacy a freedom.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:02 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19376 wrote:
Have you ever been detained in an airport for...nothing? I have so have many. Video surveillance on every street corner, national ID cards, stripping of gun rights, bills going up the chain trying to broaden the scope of the Patriot Act. Things most people accept because they are scared of "terrorist", or "criminals" allow overzealous lawmakers to incrementally take a little more, than a little more, than a little more. Though I guess as long as sheeple can still watch American Idol, and get a Big Mac nothing really matters, and those that worry about things like this, and the broader implications are wingnuts. Sorry if our privacy is important, yes I consider privacy a freedom.
I'll ask again, what freedoms have been taken away from you? You said "taken away" not detained! If your taking about a right to privacy, can you show me any where in the Constitution it guarantees such a thing?
92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:17 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19379 wrote:
I'll ask again, what freedoms have been taken away from you? You said "taken away" not detained! If your taking about a right to privacy, can you show me any where in the Constitution it guarantees such a thing?

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

----Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:32 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;19387 wrote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

----Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
Most people would deem terrorists unreasonable, correct? I'll ask again, what freedoms have been "taken away?" When have you been unreasonably searched or had seizures? Please explain how they were unreasonable?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:15 am
@cornnfedd,
cornnfedd;19361 wrote:
i thought id share my view with everyone here as some were asking. In my opinion if you are a terrorist or suspected terrorist (with good reason) then i dont have any sympathy for you. Im sorry but i love my country and to think that someone would want to kill people from their own country is discusting and these people deserve to be shot on site or rot in prison.

In regards to David Hicks, this guy was clearly guilty of treason yet he will be released back into society by the end of this year (im in Adelaide, my house is 50km away from the jail he is now in) my only issue with the whole 'hicks affair' is that the australian government should have convicted him here in australia. Would have saved alot of time and money if someone just put a bullet through his head instead of capturing him.

Our problem here in the States is that many Americans are obsessed with observing the Constitution to the letter, even if that entails their self-destruction. Therefore, we are a dangerously divided nation that can't take decisive action of any kind, under any circumstances. Many Americans today don't give a damn about 911. They simply don't care that it happened. Meanwhile, because of our 'Constitutional fanatics', our government is allowing the Enemy, e.g., Muslim terrorists, to immigrate into the U.S., and destroy us from within, again, all because the Constitution says we must trust and fight for the rights of all people, even our enemies. It's crazy. A lofty ideal is killing us.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 09:46 am
@cornnfedd,
Terrorists who turn against their own people are the worst of all
92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 10:16 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;19426 wrote:
Terrorists who turn against their own people are the worst of all

Kind of like the Klan huh, yet, I didn't see any mass military push against them.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 01:49 pm
@cornnfedd,
Kind of but not really.
92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:06 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;19480 wrote:
Kind of but not really.

Kind of, but exactly.
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:07 pm
@cornnfedd,
The Klan did not kill their own people, just citizens (or residents, at least) of the country that they were also citizens of.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:08 pm
@cornnfedd,
Not really.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:45 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;19491 wrote:
The Klan did not kill their own people, just citizens (or residents, at least) of the country that they were also citizens of.

So...you seperate people of different races from their citizenry? Hmmmm...

Draline, you a Klan supporter now? Cool, I guess if I can defend ismalofascism, you have every right to defend the Klan.
Reagaknight

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:47 pm
@cornnfedd,
They aren't their 'people' because one oppressed the other as an inferior group and the cultures were different, not because of race.

And also, why do you assume the Ku Klux Klan only killed and kills because of race?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 02:49 pm
@cornnfedd,
I find it extremely interesting that certain members of this site are trying to disassociate the KKK with terrorism based on the fact that they only attacked US citizens of a different color or religion.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 06:32 pm
@cornnfedd,
Anyone whom thinks it's okay to use violence to kill innocents in the name of Religion, race, color or creed, or ethos/dogma is a terrorist. Currently international terrorists are Arab Muslims not Joe blow but the PCers have not allowed such open and frank statements to be made thus the "Normals" have been subjected to breaches in their rights in Canada under our Charter of Rights and freedoms. Domestic terrorists, in my opinion, include the KKK and the religious fundies who are willing to kill for their dogma. To date all terrorist attackes against the US, excluding domestic, have been Arab Muslims. There are those who like us to forget that little tid bit, so my government can spy on me, profile me and generally annoy me but pander and pucker up to the Muslim Community lest they offend and we ordinary citizens have our rights eroded. NO thankyou, I don't think so take the fight to the groups that want to do us harm and leave the unwashed masses alone. I do not agree with taking my chartered rights away from me in the name of Terror. It allows those scum bags to win yet another round against us. So I say no to Gitmo and no to the Security Certificates my government tried to envoke. Go after those who we know want to harm us, and leave the rest of society alone.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 6 Jun, 2007 08:22 pm
@cornnfedd,
If the KKK are terrorists, then so are the bloods right?

And to the comment about Search and seizure. IN 1776 there wasnt anybody strapping bombs to their chests to blow up a plane either.

Just like the right to own and bear arms. I doubt the founding fathers were talking about uzis and ak's