Bank

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:43 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby's fault, besides, humor threads are fair game.

I personally find historical genocidal maniacs hilarious. (J/K)
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:46 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52123 wrote:
Cool, examples? Stalin managed to kill about 20,000,000, which sort of damaged all their respective cultures, you know. China, well, they've just been great to the Tibetan Buddhists.

The Mayans are a good start when you want to know about Christian-style genocide. Hell, they not only killed the people they destroyed their culture's history in front of them.

The Crusades took how many lives? The Spanish Inquisition? Salem Witch Trials? Didn't the Pope at the time condone things like water torture? You know... great for getting a heretic to confess... leaves no external scarring. Painful as hell though. Didn't the Pope also say that killing and stealing from Muslims was okay because they were heathens in the eyes of God? I'm thinking so!

Hitler was Catholic, never forget that one.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:53 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;51946 wrote:
LOL And all the people that have killed for their religion got to heaven,because their god forgave them :eek: thats no fair us athiests dont have anyone to forgive us :eek:

I forgive you
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 03:56 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Quote:
Hitler was Catholic, never forget that one.

Oh yes, he was adamant in killing the Jews in accordance with Jesus' message to love thy neighbor. Undfortunately, only Hitler's personal Bible contained the stipulation about killing your Jewish neighbor.
Sabz5150

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52136 wrote:
Oh yes, he was adamant in killing the Jews in accordance with Jesus' message to love thy neighbor. Undfortunately, only Hitler's personal Bible contained the stipulation about killing your Jewish neighbor.

That does not change the fact that he was born and raised Catholic, and often made references concerning his religious views.

Was Jesus' message followed when civilizations were eradicated? Christianity has a long track record when it comes to ignoring that rule.
socalgolfguy

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:03 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
Did you hear the one about Hitler, the Pope and a Rabbi in a plane.....?
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 04:08 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
YouTube - Family Guy - Jesus/God References

Because I can Very Happy
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:26 pm
@Sabz5150,
Quote:
That does not change the fact that he was born and raised Catholic, and often made references concerning his religious views.
QUOTE]

Okay, quotes?
Sabz5150

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 06:16 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52219 wrote:
Okay, quotes?

I'm not gonna walk across a quote minefield, oh no sir Very Happy

Adolf Hitler's religious beliefs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's a neat read.

Looks like he saw the traditional views of Christianity as flawed and... well, inefficient.

However, he still views himself as a Christian.

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter."

He apparently liked this idea of "Positive Christianity", basically taking the Book and thinning it down to the size of a VCR manual.

"In the beginning Hitler was opposed to state atheism, which for example was part of the political system of the Soviet Union, but he nevertheless desired a religiously neutral state system, at least during the years of his dictatorship. He feared the political power that the churches had, and did not want to openly antagonize that political base until he had securely gained control of the country. Once in power Hitler showed his contempt for religion and sought to eliminate it from areas under his rule."

He eliminated religion wherever he found it simply because he knew how much it could stand in the way of his desire for ultimate power. Smart move, should one seek this goal.

Anyway, decent read.
0 Replies