Clinton Memorial Library

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 04:15 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;55150 wrote:
Who consistently outsmarts you people, LOL. What does that say about you.

O really!?

By what means? The "no child left behind" was and still is an utter failure that was soley a 'feel good' policy meant to gain votes and nothing more. Don't forget the "trickle down effect" that he stole from previous presidents under whom it had also failed, but Bush felt he should give it one more go.

give me a single example of how bush out-smarted me.
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 08:23 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;55181 wrote:
O really!?

By what means? The "no child left behind" was and still is an utter failure that was soley a 'feel good' policy meant to gain votes and nothing more. Don't forget the "trickle down effect" that he stole from previous presidents under whom it had also failed, but Bush felt he should give it one more go.

give me a single example of how bush out-smarted me.

For once I agree with you. NCLB is a frig'n disaster. It wrecks lives. Screw it. My school is a gigantic, brand-spanking new, multi-million dollar castle, in a minority-dominated neighborhood. Our students failed the math test two years in a row, and now we're fighting to breathe under the heel of NCLB. A culture of intense negativity has settled in, one which has demoralized the students, most of whom already have enough static in their lives. Many of them have been convinced the State will close down our band-new school if they fail again. RIGHT. Their parents just spent mega-cash to build this place, and the State is going to close it down?????? I don't think so. :no:
0 Replies