Pulling Out Of Iraq

Reagaknight

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 03:20 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;52671 wrote:
Yes i do,if not how long do you plan to stay for ? still a few thousand British tropps left in the south,sooner they are out the better.

As long as it takes.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2008 05:49 pm
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;52691 wrote:
As long as it takes.

5/10/50 years ?
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 10:17 am
@rugonnacry,
We are still in Japan. Still In Germany... I suppose those were mistakes too Wink
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 5 Feb, 2008 10:30 am
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;52764 wrote:
We are still in Japan. Still In Germany... I suppose those were mistakes too Wink

They were both conventional wars,and both country's actually surrenderd,its not like that in Iraq and Afghanistan,the US being there is seen as Christian imperialism and an occuping force on muslim lands,even the Saudis,who are your so called "allies" in the region dont want US troops on their soil.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 07:45 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;52445 wrote:
Do you really think that terrorism against Americans or other countries will STOP if we pull out?

Do we want to keep paying for this disaster forever? Imagine how much the damned thing costs us, and how much that'll hurt as our recession worsens. But yeah.....we can't just pull out overnight. We're hosed.:headbang:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 8 Feb, 2008 09:49 pm
@Pinochet73,
Why should american lives be spent propping up foreign governments?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 9 Feb, 2008 01:20 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;53056 wrote:
Why should american lives be spent propping up foreign governments?

Because we're the superpower of Planet Earth. Sometimes it sucks.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 04:52 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53095 wrote:
Because we're the superpower of Planet Earth. Sometimes it sucks.

And that gives you the right to prop up or displace governments or people you dont like ?

American democracy at its best :thumbdown:
Reagaknight

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 05:59 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53163 wrote:
And that gives you the right to prop up or displace governments or people you dont like ?

Britain better hope you never hold public office. Very Happy
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 10 Feb, 2008 06:57 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53163 wrote:

Geo-politics, Hound. Geo-politics. What are ya? Naive or something???Very Happy
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:29 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53174 wrote:
Geo-politics, Hound. Geo-politics. What are ya? Naive or something???Very Happy

Nope,i just dont like Hypocrisy,the US claims to be this great democracy,but its not,it has a long history of backing dictators and coups overthrowing democratically elected governments.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 11:31 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53171 wrote:
Britain better hope you never hold public office. Very Happy

No chance of that,but hey if the most powerful country in the world,can vote for an imbecile like Bush,it gives the rest of us hope :eek:
Reagaknight

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 08:07 pm
@rugonnacry,
The rest of you imbeciles?
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 08:26 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53214 wrote:
No chance of that,but hey if the most powerful country in the world,can vote for an imbecile like Bush,it gives the rest of us hope :eek:

What's the origin of your BDS? Is it the guy's accent, his looks, or his policies? I know where you're coming from; I hated Slick so badly, I actually saw the face of Satan superimposed on his WC Fields mug. When I saw the Army doc, I was frantic. "It's Satan. It's Satan," I screamed, while first crying, then spasmodically tossing and turning on the clinic floor, eventually vomiting and soiling myself. The doc kept yelling, while standing on my chest, wearing spit-shined, Corcoran jumpboots, "No, it's Slick Willy. It's SLICK WILLY." Very Happy
Pinochet73

Reply Mon 11 Feb, 2008 08:31 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53213 wrote:
Nope,i just dont like Hypocrisy,the US claims to be this great democracy,but its not,it has a long history of backing dictators and coups overthrowing democratically elected governments.

Right, but we still have the world's oldest, functional constitution, and yes, we are a very stable and efficient democracy. Much of what you say we 'claim' is really claimed by our history. The American Revolution did in fact encourage democratic revolutions around the world, including the French Revolution, which went south, under Robespierre and Napoleon, of course. But face it --not everyone can handle democracy. Some countries and peoples are just too screwed up. And who are you to talk? At least we stood up and fought off our English 'masters'.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:41 am
@Reagaknight,
Reagaknight;53261 wrote:
The rest of you imbeciles?

lol hey your the one that voted for Bush :eek:

The world laughs at him,im gonna miss his speeches and interviews when he is gone Very Happy
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:43 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53269 wrote:
What's the origin of your BDS? Is it the guy's accent, his looks, or his policies? I know where you're coming from; I hated Slick so badly, I actually saw the face of Satan superimposed on his WC Fields mug. When I saw the Army doc, I was frantic. "It's Satan. It's Satan," I screamed, while first crying, then spasmodically tossing and turning on the clinic floor, eventually vomiting and soiling myself. The doc kept yelling, while standing on my chest, wearing spit-shined, Corcoran jumpboots, "No, it's Slick Willy. It's SLICK WILLY." Very Happy

One flew over the cukoos nest :wtf: v:eek:
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 11:48 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;53270 wrote:
Right, but we still have the world's oldest, functional constitution, and yes, we are a very stable and efficient democracy. Much of what you say we 'claim' is really claimed by our history. The American Revolution did in fact encourage democratic revolutions around the world, including the French Revolution, which went south, under Robespierre and Napoleon, of course. But face it --not everyone can handle democracy. Some countries and peoples are just too screwed up. And who are you to talk? At least we stood up and fought off our English 'masters'.

So what is it your actually saying pino,we are the US,we will pick and choose who we want ruling country's around the world,the US dosen't care about democracy around the world,it cares about what suits them.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 10:06 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53303 wrote:
lol hey your the one that voted for Bush :eek:

The world laughs at him,im gonna miss his speeches and interviews when he is gone Very Happy

"They hate us for our freedom..." -George Bush jr.

AH, one of my favorites!Very Happy
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 14 Feb, 2008 05:52 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;53305 wrote:
So what is it your actually saying pino,we are the US,we will pick and choose who we want ruling country's around the world,the US dosen't care about democracy around the world,it cares about what suits them.
So what do you care about? What suits you maybe? No, you wouldn't be so bold would ya? If you are, how are you different then us?