DiversityDriven

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 06:10 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54763 wrote:
"We could never verify that there was any Iraqi authority, direction and control, complicity with al-Qaeda for 9/11 or any operational act against America, period."

George Tenet - Director of Intelligence

Several official investigations by U.S. intelligence agencies, foreign intelligence agencies, and independent investigative bodies have looked into various aspects of the alleged links between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda. Every single investigation has resulted in the conclusion that the data examined did not provide compelling evidence of a cooperative relationship between the two entities.

Source: Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You must love being a mop as much as I clean up the floor with you.
Mop this. Newsmax.com - Iraqi Documents Show al-Qaida Ties
Your gonna need more then a wiki. Tenent didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.
92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:44 am
@GRUMP,
GRUMP;54355 wrote:
Is there any proof out there where the Liberials say the GW Bush or the Republicians started the two wars going on in the sand box(s). Why would GW be blamed for these conflicts? Not looking for a debate nor argument just the facts from you Wizzards in the know. Thank You......... Grump

The war in Afghanistan was started by terrorist, mostly from Saudi when they flew some planes into a couple buildings. Iraq was started by Bush, and the rest of the neocon think tank that was (is) running this administration, as they have been itching to for years.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:47 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54573 wrote:
Still don't change the facts of the case. A judge in a court of law found them linked. It's in the law books.Any link? Who discredited this one?

The 9/11 Commission Report, and the C.I.A., but I guess you'd rather lap up Newsmax, and Faux newz vomit.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:49 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54650 wrote:
I was in the military during the Clinton Administration, I received annual terrorism briefings which claimed a link between Bin Laden and Iraq well before Bush was in office.

A lot of people claimed the earth was flat too, so what?
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:54 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54681 wrote:
I say again, debunk the court case, not me.

A court case doesn't make something true if it isn't, unless you believe there aren't any innocent people in prison.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 12:58 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54652 wrote:
Im not buying into this crap,no proof was ever found linking Saddam to AQ and Bin-laden,it has been totally discredidted,you say the Clinton admin knew about it,not enough to invade the country ! The British intel,was not about a link between Saddam and AQ,it was about WMDs,which we all know was complete crap,the UN intel was not about a link between Saddam and AQ either,but the Weapons of Mass Deception.

Actually, there is a lot of proof that they communicated, talking, and discussed things, the key is that there was never any operational relationship.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/report/911Report.pdf

Page 66

There is also evidence that around this time Bin Laden sent out a number of feelers to the Iraqi regime, offering some cooperation. None are reported to have received a significant response. According to one report, Saddam Husseins's efforts at this time to rebuild relations with the Saudis and other Middle Eastern regimes led him to stay clear of Bin Laden.
In mid-1998, the situation reversed; it was Iraq that reportedlt took the initiative. In March 1998, after Bin Laden's public fatwa against the United States, two al Qaeda members reportedly went to Iraq to meet with Iraqi inteligence. In July, an Iraqi delegation traveled to Afghanistan to meet first with the Taliban and then with Bin Laden. Sources reported that one, or perhaps both, of these meetings was apparently arranged through Bin Ladens Egyptian deputy, Zawahiri, who had ties of his own to the Iraqis. In 1998, Iraq was under intensinfying U.S. pressure, whch culminated in a series of large air attacks in December.

Similar meetings between Iraqi officials and Bin Laden or his aids may have occured in 1999 during a period of some reported strains with the Taliban. According to the reporting, Iraqi officials offered Bin Laden a safe haven in Iraq. Bin Laden declined, apparently judging that his circumstances in Afghanistan remained more favorable than hte Iraqi alternative. The reports describe friendly contacts and indicate some common themes in both sides hatred of the United States. But to date we have seen no evidence that these, or the earlier contacts ever developed into a collaberative operational relationship. Nor have we seen evidence indicating that Iraq cooperated with al Qaeda in developing or carrying out any attacks against the U.S.

There's also a book called Neo-Conned that has quite a bit of knowledgable insight if you feel like researching beyond bullet points, and sensational headlines, there's quite a bit of truth out there.

Just because you wife calls the post office to see if they are going to deliver a package, doesn't mean she is ******* the mailman.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 01:02 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54762 wrote:
Hmm, that's funny... *I* don't remember sending us to war over blatant falsehoods.

Don't you know that when defending their agenda "we" all are in this together, but when something goes against it it is all the "liberal's", "the Clinton's", "left's" fault? Typical mindless hypocrisies.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 01:14 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54883 wrote:
Mop this. Newsmax.com - Iraqi Documents Show al-Qaida Ties
Your gonna need more then a wiki. Tenent didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Kind of funny that when you go to find exact pages of that supposed "data base" the only place it comes up with are Fox News, and NewsMax with the exact same article, oh yea, and americanwoman296.vox.com. Besides that fact that Newsmax is more biased than Fox, and WND combined, it's no real surprise.

It's also kind of funny that these supposed 600,000 documents weren't found by the 9/11 Commission.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 05:35 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;54894 wrote:
Kind of funny that when you go to find exact pages of that supposed "data base" the only place it comes up with are Fox News, and NewsMax with the exact same article, oh yea, and americanwoman296.vox.com. Besides that fact that Newsmax is more biased than Fox, and WND combined, it's no real surprise.

It's also kind of funny that these supposed 600,000 documents weren't found by the 9/11 Commission.

And what's also funny is how it's worded.

From the article:

“to hunt the Americans that are in Arab lands, especially in Somalia, by using Arab elements or Asian (Muslims) or friends.”

From 1993. Oh yeah, real good 9/11 evidence there!

From the article again:

“the Islamist Arab elements that were fighting in Afghanistan and [currently] have no place to base and are physically present in Somalia, Sudan, and Egypt.” In other words, al-Qaida.

In other words... So it never said Al-Q or never pointed to them? That's what I thought.

I'm getting so dizzy from the spin! Good grief!

Sanchez is so much fun to play with, like one of those inflatable punching clowns that keep on standing up after you knock the bejesus out of them.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:43 pm
@Sabz5150,
I wanna pull the 'Pot-Smoking Chef' stunt on Osama Bin Laden. Yeah......I do. When I was teenager, growing up in the mean streets of C. Springs, I worked as a bus-boy. Our chef was this huge, long-haired, bearded, pot-smoking, ex-GI, Infantry, 'Nam vet. He was cool, but higher than a kite most of the time. They eventually fired him. Anyway......he'd duck out back, behind the dumpster, and toke on a long, silver pipe. Once in a while I'd ask him about the 'Nam. I asked if he had smoked a lot dope over there. He said yes, and that one time they got so messed up after a fire-fight, they ran around the battlefield, shoving live grenades in the mouths of dead VC. Laughing:rollinglaugh:Laughing
0 Replies