Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:35 pm
@GRUMP,
Need not be clever to see your ways.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:41 am
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;54483 wrote:
In Iraq? :wtf:

Not specifically, of course, but he put the U.S. in a 'hyper-state' that made Saddam Hussein's future tenuous, given the bad blood that existed between him and America. Also, I believe he really did try to convince us he had weapons of mass destruction. He was playing a calculated game that reversed itself and bit him in the arse. :no:
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:11 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;54534 wrote:
Not specifically, of course, but he put the U.S. in a 'hyper-state' that made Saddam Hussein's future tenuous, given the bad blood that existed between him and America. Also, I believe he really did try to convince us he had weapons of mass destruction. He was playing a calculated game that reversed itself and bit him in the arse. :no:

Well, ya know... we could have refused to help him get into power. That would have solved the issue, but it's just not our usual 'political puppetry'.

What threat was Saddie to this piece of rock under our feet?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 06:03 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54432 wrote:
Pino,im am fortunate enough thanks to satellite TV,to get news from different country's,not the news from a purely amercan perspective,i happened to watch an excellent documentary the other night about the coverage of the war in Iraq by american news stations,and how it differed from other country's more impartial points of view.

More impartial, LOL. This is coming from the country with no agenda right? Got a link from this masterpiece of unbiased media journalism?
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 06:06 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54440 wrote:
Well im sure you have looked through many threads on the forum,you must know my point of view by know.
I think he wants your words directly from you. You know, those agendaless words of wisdom you can prove?
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 06:15 am
@GRUMP,
Here's a link for ya Scoob, Saddam Hussein's Philanthropy of Terror - by Deroy Murdock

http://www.husseinandterror.com/jpeg%20pics/82.jpg
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:44 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54524 wrote:
Need not be clever to see your ways.

And what do you think are my ways ? Very Happy
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:46 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54537 wrote:
More impartial, LOL. This is coming from the country with no agenda right? Got a link from this masterpiece of unbiased media journalism?

You were being spoon fed propaganda,only to be expected in a time of war i suppose.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 10:53 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54539 wrote:

Abny link between AQ and Saddam has been discredited,even your own government has backtracked on the matter,Bin-laden hated Saddam,because Iraq was not an Islamic state,it was a secular state,Tariq Aziz,the Vice President was a chritian,women were allowed to become Doctors,Lawyers,teachers etc,unlike Saudi Arabia( good friend of the US and the BUsh family,) which is a Radical Islamic state,where women are not allowed to do these jobs.
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:26 pm
@GRUMP,
Still don't change the facts of the case. A judge in a court of law found them linked. It's in the law books.
Quote:
Abny link between AQ and Saddam has been discredited
Any link? Who discredited this one?
scooby-doo cv

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 04:34 pm
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54573 wrote:
Still don't change the facts of the case. A judge in a court of law found them linked. It's in the law books.Any link? Who discredited this one?

Trying to link saddam an AQ was used by the Bush government prior and in the aftermath of the war,you dont hear them speaking about it now,because it was untrue,if you still want to believe it,then thats up to you,even people within the CIA didnt buy it,what law books is it in ? because there certainly was no proof.
DiversityDriven

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 05:26 pm
@GRUMP,
I gave you proof, you are in denial of it, not my problem. Are you sure you don't have a little french in you?
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 14 Mar, 2008 08:23 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54574 wrote:
Trying to link saddam an AQ was used by the Bush government prior and in the aftermath of the war,you dont hear them speaking about it now,because it was untrue,if you still want to believe it,then thats up to you,even people within the CIA didnt buy it,what law books is it in ? because there certainly was no proof.

It was a mistake, but it realligned American politics in a positive way. I hate to say it, but it's true. I feel for the many who have died and suffered wounds.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:21 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54577 wrote:
I gave you proof, you are in denial of it, not my problem. Are you sure you don't have a little french in you?

Complete rubbish,no link was found between AQ BinLaden and saddam,there was no foundation in it,it was used to validate the war in iraq.

"Are you sure you dont have a little french in you" only when im kissing :cool:
0 Replies

DiversityDriven

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:27 am
@GRUMP,
In an American court of law a link was found and judgment given. End of story. I don't care if your in denial of it. If it's complete rubbish, debunk the story?
Sabz5150

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 06:50 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54646 wrote:
In an American court of law a link was found and judgment given. End of story. I don't care if your in denial of it. If it's complete rubbish, debunk the story?

Easy enough. Anyone should be able to tell you what happens if you put a member of Al-Q and a member of the Ba'ath in the same room.

They kill each other.

Those two weren't exactly friends.

But if you want debunking...

FOXNews.com - Pentagon Study of 600,000 Iraqi Documents Finds No Link Between Al Qaeda and Saddam Hussein - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

AND ITS EVEN FOX NEWS SO ITS GOTTA BE TRUE.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 09:48 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;54430 wrote:
What the Bush government did,was try to link 9/11 and AlQueda to Saddam and the war on terror,what was the real reason they ent to war in Iraq,Saddam was not a threat,he had no intentions of attacking the US or invading Kuwait again,the no-fly zones in the north & south of the country kept him firmly in check.

I've posted this several times before, I'm surprised you haven't read it by now

I was in the military during the Clinton Administration, I received annual terrorism briefings which claimed a link between Bin Laden and Iraq well before Bush was in office. I don't really fault you because it's not like you were in the room. You have however come to endorse the ignorant belief that everything was concocted by Bush; the fact is not only did Bush have bad intel, Clinton had bad intel, the English had bad independent intel, even the UN had the wrong info. This could have been avoided had Saddam kept to his agreement and not kicked inspectors out, that act alone warranted military action as per the 1991 agreement which ended the Kuwait conflict.

The reality is less popular because it doesn't have a singular bad guy, it's more of a collection of poorly made observations and decisions over a 12 year period (91-03). But that's hardly entertaining enough, Michael Mooooooooore could never make a movie about that.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:21 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;54650 wrote:
I've posted this several times before, I'm surprised you haven't read it by now

I was in the military during the Clinton Administration, I received annual terrorism briefings which claimed a link between Bin Laden and Iraq well before Bush was in office. I don't really fault you because it's not like you were in the room. You have however come to endorse the ignorant belief that everything was concocted by Bush; the fact is not only did Bush have bad intel, Clinton had bad intel, the English had bad independent intel, even the UN had the wrong info. This could have been avoided had Saddam kept to his agreement and not kicked inspectors out, that act alone warranted military action as per the 1991 agreement which ended the Kuwait conflict.

The reality is less popular because it doesn't have a singular bad guy, it's more of a collection of poorly made observations and decisions over a 12 year period (91-03). But that's hardly entertaining enough, Michael Mooooooooore could never make a movie about that.

Im not buying into this crap,no proof was ever found linking Saddam to AQ and Bin-laden,it has been totally discredidted,you say the Clinton admin knew about it,not enough to invade the country ! The British intel,was not about a link between Saddam and AQ,it was about WMDs,which we all know was complete crap,the UN intel was not about a link between Saddam and AQ either,but the Weapons of Mass Deception.
scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2008 10:23 am
@DiversityDriven,
DiversityDriven;54646 wrote:

Yhe Bush admin has had to backtrack,no link was ever found.