The Beginning Of a Revolution

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:07 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13426 wrote:
Neither is racial profiling, so what is your point.
Who are you profiling if not your own black community? The common demoninator of your arguement is being black. You say your for eqaulity for every one but you consistently only direct change twards blacks, Why?
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:10 am
@wjharve,
I went to public school along side many black/african-americans, hispanics, polish, etc groups....
I received the same education opportunities that they had the option of taking.

Most of my childhood black friends, by middle school, had turned to "the street life" selling drugs, getting into fights, etc...

by highschool, i was working 30-40 hours a week on top of going to school, saving up money for my first car, and so on.

They didn't. they stayed in their "i want to be like tupac" frame of mind, have the reading ability of a 3rd grader, and god knows what they are doing with their lives now... if they are even still alive.

My point is that they had the opportunity to take the same path I have, to become a successful person in society. The CHOSE not to from an early age, and that, I have no pity.

If they are "oppressed", it's because they did it to themselves.
0 Replies

wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:24 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;13427 wrote:
African-Americans that want to better themselves usually do so . Many have achieved the American Dream , but many more seem content to live on welfare and cry racism rather than take advantage of the freedoms and rights and priveledges of America .
Take the word to the brothers and sisters - get them up and working , not playing victim .

When a girl is rape is she playing a rape victim, we can't help that we was and is still getting victimized by the United States. On the real God is good and I know that I can do all things through Christ but still there is an equality problem still in this country that needs to be address. I am not making excuses, I just want to be treated fair. Is that too much to ask for? Black America is in the condition that it is, because we do not have a fair shot like the majority and only a coward and a bigot will argue with that. If you can't recognize Black America struggles versus the U.S. then you can never understand me. But that is exactly the problem, nobody want to understand us they just want to walk all over us and expect us to say nothing. Well, that has changed and like I said in title of my letter this is "The Beginning of a Revolution", so please fight for equality not against. Don't under estimate Black America desire to be represented in a complete free and functioning democracy and believe me, the hypocrisy days are over. I guess Martin Luther King was wrong and probably should have been grateful for the little things America does for Black America like killing off great black leaders. The United States gets worried when freedom talks just because they know that you can not oppress a group forever. Guess what?

"There is no compromising when you are dealing with mandatory rights. To quote an infamous president, George W. Bush (43rd),”you are either with us or against” for freedom or against freedom, but America I ask you: What will you stand for? How in the hell can Americans be fighting in Iraq to establish democracy when the real fight is in the United States of America? I can only come up with one: America cares more about Iraqis than they do about the welfare of Black America. Saddam Hussein is dead and gone, yet Jim Crow is still walking and kicking. Where is the logic in that America? How long do you really expect Black America to be this country doormat? Enough is enough, and I can guarantee you that if America chooses to continue to walk over Black America that a racial war will be on our horizon." Willie James Harvey
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:33 am
@wjharve,
Personally i think the fight is in your head.
Quote:
Enough is enough, and I can guarantee you that if America chooses to continue to walk over Black America that a racial war will be on our horizon." Willie James Harvey

I think the Mexicans beat you to the jump.
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:41 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13369 wrote:
Can you imagine how many Africans died in travel to the new world piled on top of each other aboard a massive slave ship. By definition ain't that's the same as genocide. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't be a fool
because Chris Rock gets paid to be a fool.

That was a long time ago.

If you feel the white man owes you something, then you are still a slave to your own inability to move forward.

Although it was horribly wrong, American slavery was probably the best thing that could have happened to you (if you consider your other options).

Just think . . had your ancesters never come here, you would be dying in Africa of AIDS, and possibly be a slave to some other tribe.
wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:42 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;13435 wrote:
I didn't say you said that?

Funny, from what i've heard. Your pretty much just talking about black up to this point. In your first post you mention "black" ten times. In the whole thread fifteen times. I think we know who your biased for?

I want equality for all but my letter is focus on Black America and considerating that I am Black that makes a lot of since to me. Find a better reason to defend injustice.
wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:55 am
@B A N A N A S,
B A N A N A S;13450 wrote:
That was a long time ago.
If you feel the white man owes you something, then you are still a slave to your own inability to move forward.

Although it was horribly wrong, American slavery was probably the best thing that could have happened to you (if you consider your other options).

Just think . . had your ancesters never come here, you would be dying in Africa of AIDS, and possibly be a slave to some other tribe.

Remember Africa has her own struggles, I wonder who is stealing diamond. Get real, you don't know what God had planned for Africa until the White man came set on colonization and pretty much screwed up the whole earth. But that's the past and I am only concerned about the current state of oppression.
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:27 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13453 wrote:
Remember Africa has her own struggles, I wonder who is stealing diamond. Get real, you don't know what God had planned for Africa until the White man came set on colonization and pretty much screwed up the whole earth. But that's the past and I am only concerned about the current state of oppression.

Obviously God's plan was to use American Slave trade to save your race from destroying itself.

Just admit you hate white people. The only oppression that currently exits is what you bring down on your own head by your constant bitching.

Your people have been here for over 200 years and still face the same problems you did back when you got here.

Its the attitude of members of the black race like yourself which keep the good people down.

Notice this doesnt happen with other immigrants from Eastern Europe/Asia . . they dont have Chineese Al Sharpton's holding them back from success in this great country.

You gotta swing the bat if you wanna play ball - its time for you do that instead of bitching.
markx15

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:53 am
@wjharve,
Before you all rip this poor man apart let him speak, Wjharve what do you think should be done to promote equality in the United States of America?
wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 09:55 am
@B A N A N A S,
B A N A N A S;13455 wrote:
Obviously God's plan was to use American Slave trade to save your race from destroying itself.
Just admit you hate white people. The only oppression that currently exits is what you bring down on your own head by your constant bitching.
Your people have been here for over 200 years and still face the same problems you did back when you got here.
Its the attitude of members of the black race like yourself which keep the good people down.
Notice this doesnt happen with other immigrants from Eastern Europe/Asia . . they dont have Chineese Al Sharpton's holding them back from success in this great country.
You gotta swing the bat if you wanna play ball - its time for you do that instead of bitching.

I'm swinging the bat and I pray that nobody is standing in my way. I can't change a racist heart but I can and so will Black American change the formation of this country. You just watch and see. I promise you that the revolution has started and I would not want to get caught on the wrong side of equality.
0 Replies

briansol

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:03 am
@wjharve,
What, in specific, do you feel is "holding you back"?
Dmizer

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:28 am
@wjharve,
After reading the entire text of this thread, I feel the need to interject. I am a student of history, thus I feel the need to set the record straight. The slave trade was started by Arabs who used African tribes to prey upon other African tribes to supply the slaves. This began hundreds of years before Europeans ventured into the dark continent. Hundreds of years before colonies were established. The downfall of African Americans was started and substantiated by their own ancestors. The role of the White man certainly continued the propagation of slavery into the new world, but it was already a well established trade. The beginning of the end of slavery started with the American revolution. Granted it took 188 years for the constitution to apply to every American equally, but the spark to end slavery around the world started in America.

The learned sense of hopelessness that has been ingrained into African American society continues to be the number one reason the African American society feels oppressed. African Americans have ingrained this hopelessness into themselves with the decisions that they have made in the past. African Americans subscribe to the Democratic party for the most part, yet have they bothered to study the history of the Democratic party and it's part in their oppression? African Americans degrade the value of education and family values in images they present as rap artists and movie stars, they create images of thugs and gangsters as being a noble pursuit. The pervasive moral degradation runs rampant through African American culture. The African American culture is diseased from within, something no government or law can fix. The only thing holding you back is yourself. Play the blame game all you want, but when you place a negative social stigma upon yourself through your own actions them you become self defeating.
All ethnic groups that have come to this country have faced withering discrimination, yet none have failed to thrive. Why? Self reliance and determination to become better then those who came before them. I see no sense of that in the African American culture, thus they continue to wallow in their own misery. You want to feel equal with the white man? Then stop taking what he gives you and create your own. That is the American way. Success is not given, it is earned.
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:52 am
@wjharve,
^ damn straight.
0 Replies

wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 10:58 am
@markx15,
markx15;13463 wrote:
Before you all rip this poor man apart let him speak, Wjharve what do you think should be done to promote equality in the United States of America?

First America has to recognize that a problem exist and have always existed. History once again is my proof. Until we do that equality for all can never exist no matter what your color. Equality should have nothing to do about race and to say that there is not a equality problem in the U.S. is foolish no matter if it because of race, religion, age, sex, or class. I know that ignoring that fact is not going to change the problem. Just like every other race Black America has flaws but likewise we still have a right to equality in this democracy. So like in these conversations until one recognize America flaws we can not correct them. Slavery did not benefit me or my ancestors but can America say the same. On the real, we need politicans that are not focus on world domination and instead focus on the home front because if America loses the war on equality then tell me where will democracy stand. I am not ready to give up on Democracy but if something is not working like it should, why not try to improve before one group get so fed up and change it. Black America changed a lot of policies during the civil rights days through peace and just because things are better don't mean they are right. We can and must come up with laws that protect everybody rights including blacks, whites, gays, or whoever but failing to do so is a shame. But to be foolish and ignore that problem would cause this great country more agony than good. It's no compromising when dealing with equality. And if one can not tell that this country is dominated by the white man race because of a history that benefited from oppressing others then we could never see eye to eye and maybe I could never achieve equality in this country. If that is so, then please be aware that Black America does has the power to collaspe Democracy just as this country fathers collaspe Great Britain rule. Impossible is Nothing. The answer is simply we all must defend equality or accept the consequences of failing to do so. And failing to do exactly that would be a shame. I suggest everybody read "Black like Me" by John Howard Griffin a white man, who in the 1950s exchanged his privileged life as a Southern white man for the disenfranchised world of an unemployed black man. The result is amazing and until we all stop making excuse the problem will not be solve. I don't make excuses, I am happy with my life but by all means necessary feel that I have a right to equality. Why should I or even you expect anything less.
0 Replies

wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:06 am
@briansol,
briansol;13469 wrote:
What, in specific, do you feel is "holding you back"?

Impossible is Nothing, so nothing can actually hold me back but why should my life be harder because I am a Black man. You don't earn equality it's a birth right.
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:25 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13494 wrote:
Impossible is Nothing, so nothing can actually hold me back but why should my life be harder because I am a Black man. You don't earn equality it's a birth right.

If nothing is holding you back, then you have nothing to complain about.

So what if your life is harder cause you're black?

Fat people's lives are harder because they are fat.

Skinny peoples lives are harder because they are too skinny.

People with good jobs' lives are harder because they work too much.

Unemployed peoples' lives are harder because they have no work.

Short people's lives are hard because they are short, etc, etc, etc.

We all get dealt a hand in life. Do us a favor and either fold, or play the cards you have been given. Either way, your broken record type behavior is quite annoying.

Instead of wasting your time complaining to us about your situation, why dont you go out and protest the next rap concert where the words N i g g e r and B i t c h are thrown around like footballs.

Maybe then young black children will grow up with more to aspire to than becoming the next "50 cent".
wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:27 am
@Dmizer,
Dmizer;13477 wrote:
After reading the entire text of this thread, I feel the need to interject. I am a student of history, thus I feel the need to set the record straight. The slave trade was started by Arabs who used African tribes to prey upon other African tribes to supply the slaves. This began hundreds of years before Europeans ventured into the dark continent. Hundreds of years before colonies were established. The downfall of African Americans was started and substantiated by their own ancestors. The role of the White man certainly continued the propagation of slavery into the new world, but it was already a well established trade. The beginning of the end of slavery started with the American revolution. Granted it took 188 years for the constitution to apply to every American equally, but the spark to end slavery around the world started in America.

The learned sense of hopelessness that has been ingrained into African American society continues to be the number one reason the African American society feels oppressed. African Americans have ingrained this hopelessness into themselves with the decisions that they have made in the past. African Americans subscribe to the Democratic party for the most part, yet have they bothered to study the history of the Democratic party and it's part in their oppression? African Americans degrade the value of education and family values in images they present as rap artists and movie stars, they create images of thugs and gangsters as being a noble pursuit. The pervasive moral degradation runs rampant through African American culture. The African American culture is diseased from within, something no government or law can fix. The only thing holding you back is yourself. Play the blame game all you want, but when you place a negative social stigma upon yourself through your own actions them you become self defeating.
All ethnic groups that have come to this country have faced withering discrimination, yet none have failed to thrive. Why? Self reliance and determination to become better then those who came before them. I see no sense of that in the African American culture, thus they continue to wallow in their own misery. You want to feel equal with the white man? Then stop taking what he gives you and create your own. That is the American way. Success is not given, it is earned.

Everything in my life I have also earned but truely the America way is oppression. And the last time I checked you get nothing for free in life, so tell me what has the white man ever gave me, enough about that because slavery is over, I am talking about 2007 and why there is still an equality problem in this country. I don't ask for handouts, I only asked for equality and does that make me such a terrible person. I quess I am a terrible person in the eyes of a racist. Hate me for a reason not because I want equality.
wjharve

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:40 am
@B A N A N A S,
B A N A N A S;13497 wrote:
If nothing is holding you back, then you have nothing to complain about.

So what if your life is harder cause you're black?

Fat people's lives are harder because they are fat.

Skinny peoples lives are harder because they are too skinny.

People with good jobs' lives are harder because they work too much.

Unemployed peoples' lives are harder because they have no work.

Short people's lives are hard because they are short, etc, etc, etc.

We all get dealt a hand in life. Do us a favor and either fold, or play the cards you have been given. Either way, your broken record type behavior is quite annoying.

Instead of wasting your time complaining to us about your situation, why dont you go out and protest the next rap concert where the words N i g g e r and B i t c h are thrown around like footballs.

Maybe then young black children will grow up with more to aspire to than becoming the next "50 cent".

Are you Black, then how in the hell do you know what Black kids grow up aspiring to do? Blame every thing on rap, that is so much easier than dealing with the problem. Stop eating if you fat, eat if you skinny, stop working too much if you don't need to, and get a job if you are unemployed. But I don't see where being Black have anything to do with a person eating or working habits. Admit it you a racist and nothing you say can change my opinion. You are part of my problem not rap. 50 cent word's are a reflection of his life he lived and can not do nothing to hinder me just piss you off.
B A N A N A S

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:55 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13499 wrote:
Are you Black, then how in the hell do you know what Black kids grow up aspiring to do? Blame every thing on rap, that is so much easier than dealing with the problem.

I dont think its good practice to allow my kids to grow up thinking their life's goal is to "pimp slap ho'es", and have "bluntz and B i t c h ezz" . . . . if you do that your a bad parent.

White parents dont do that . . Chineese parents dont do that . . . Mexican parents dont do that. I guess the black parents need to get their act together.

Quote:

Admit it you a racist and nothing you say can change my opinion. You are part of my problem not rap.

You sir are the racist here. You think all races are out to get you.

Quote:
50 cent word's are a reflection of his life he lived and can not do nothing to hinder me just piss you off.

So if Aldolf Hitler rapped, you'd let your kids spam their minds with "reflections of his life"??

Your Hippocrasy underscores the problems with 'black america' today. People like you are keeping the shackles of slavery on your own race and hindering their progress.
briansol

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 11:55 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13498 wrote:
so tell me want the white man ever gave me

If you want to play it that way, please tell me what the _INSERT ANY RACE HERE_ has ever given me?

The answer is nothing, on both accounts.

If you want a hand-out, you should move to a communist nation. GIVING is not our style of government. Moreover, TAKING isn't either.
If you want something, you have to work hard for it and earn it. THAT'S the American Way. Not the white way, not the black way, the AMERICAN way.

Blacks have EVERY opportunity that whites do.

blacks and whites go to the same public schools and have an equal chance at learning to better themselves.
EOE's exist making it illegal for a company to make a hiring decision based on race.
blacks keep their money at the same banks as whites
blacks get into as much crime as whites do.
blacks go to the same jails that whites do when the screw up.

I'm sure:
-There's hillbilly's who are still anti-black and wear sheets.
-There's plenty of "white" Germans who still hate Jews.

Hate and oppression is on a personal basis. No law will ever take that away from them. Just like I can't pass a law to make everyone Christian or Jewish. The beliefs are that of the beholder.

so I ask you once again, what is holding you back?

Or,

What opportunity have I had (white, borderline poor/low middle class family raised, public school educated, working hard for a good honest living) that you haven't?

If you answer "white people won't let you do something" you're only fooling yourself.

If you think I'm racist, you're wrong. I dated a black girl for a little bit a couple years ago. I'm very open minded and don't hate based on "color/creed", but rather, on an individual basis "I hate that guy because____" Smile
Like Al sharpton.

I HATE that guy. Not because he's black. But because he doesn't know when to STFU and just points fingers.

If anything, HE'S hurting your race more than helping it.
0 Replies