0
   

The Beginning Of a Revolution

 
 
wjharve
 
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 01:49 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,180 • Replies: 93
No top replies

 
Silverchild79
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 02:00 pm
@wjharve,
thanks for joining, please go to the introduction section and introduce yourself

In short:
Equality won't be reached when congress passes laws protecting the rights of one group of Americans, it will be reached when all Americans understand that the current laws apply to every color and creed. That cannot be accomplished by the American politican, it can only be accomplished by the American family.

Your beef is not unique, until the invention of Native American Casino's African Americans have had it WAY better then our Native countrymen had ever had it.

When this country was started only free, land owning, men could vote. By that standard I would have been oppressed too. It will never be perfect, but so long as it continues to get better what more is there to do but try?

There is also the component of the Victim's mindset. Believing your at a disadvantage is twice as bad as actually being disadvantaged by another...
0 Replies
 
Reagaknight
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 02:34 pm
@wjharve,
Lots of talk and rambling in there, but nothing else.
0 Replies
 
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:00 pm
@wjharve,
I understand that every race in some form or fashion has been discriminated against and honestly only a fool would say that Native America at any point in history had it worst off then Black America. I understand their struggles and support their effort also to achive equality, but don't you think Black America deserve to be treated better in this country. After all my ancenstors put a lot of sweat and blood into this country only to see America help all other races out. Hate is Hate so lets not agrue who got screwed the worst by America because the list is long and see if we can come up with a peaceful solution. I refer to the Black American struggle because that is what I am but let me be clear I don't want to live in a perfect America, I want to live in equality. I will not settle for better, because what has that ever got Black America nothing but more hard times. I don't believe that I am at a disadvantage, I know it and actually that is what motivate me to do better simply because I know that I have to work that much harder than a white man to achieve the same goal.
Silverchild79
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:15 pm
@wjharve,
wjharve;13295 wrote:
only a fool would say that Native America at any point in history had it worst off then Black America.


Then consider every unbiased expert (and Chris Rock) a fool. Black America may have been enslaved, and that's horrible. But Native American suffered Genocide, by definition much worse then slavery.

Blacks have made uncountable contributions to America's society. But no race has contributed more then another.

Anglo Saxons- forged the government
Africans- forged agricultural prosperity
Asians- Built our railroads
Irish& Italians- Populated our factories and therefore the industrial revolution

I could go on

no one color of man has contributed any more then another. There are many groups of people who face discrimination on some level in this country. But fighting for the rights of one particular sect alone, and not all of America, is in and of itself a form of Racism.

One of the real pieces missing from American society is the will to move on. Consider the terrible things done by Germans to the Jewsih just 50 years ago. Yet still it *could* be argued that in 50 years Germany has done more to heal it's wounds then America has since 1863
0 Replies
 
B A N A N A S
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 03:45 pm
@wjharve,
wjharve;13274 wrote:




You have the freedom to go and receive free education, and get a job just like the rest of us. I don't see what you have to complain about.
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:04 pm
@wjharve,
Can you imagine how many Africans died in travel to the new world piled on top of each other aboard a massive slave ship. By definition ain't that's the same as genocide. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't be a fool
Silverchild79;13301 wrote:
Then consider every unbiased expert (and Chris Rock) a fool. Black America may have been enslaved, and that's horrible. But Native American suffered Genocide, by definition much worse then slavery.1863

because Chris Rock gets paid to be a fool.
Silverchild79
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:13 pm
@wjharve,
if you want to split hairs they weren't actually trying to kill them, but slavers, the "tight pack" slavers in particular were barbarians. Where as Native Americans were hunted down and killed, Cholera Blankets, the trail of tears, these things are just as bad, and in some cases worse then slavery.

But again we're splitting hairs, all that ish is bad. But I've never owned a slave, and if you've ever done a day of free work in your life you volunteered. I'm a white collar Irish American who's grandparents were hungry farmers and who's parents were drafted into Vietnam. If you want something to be no more it must be put behind you.

I would ask you this, are you for equality, or are you for the advancement of the Black Populous of America?
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:15 pm
@B A N A N A S,
B A N A N A S;13308 wrote:
You have the freedom to go and receive free education, and get a job just like the rest of us. I don't see what you have to complain about.


I don't complain, my letter is really informing you not me whining. You might want to read the whole letter before posting a quote.
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:21 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13372 wrote:

I would ask you this, are you for equality, or are you for the advancement of the Black Populous of America?


Honestly, I want and deserve them both. Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:48 pm
@wjharve,
wjharve;13369 wrote:
Can you imagine how many Africans died in travel to the new world piled on top of each other aboard a massive slave ship. By definition ain't that's the same as genocide. Correct me if I'm wrong. Don't be a fool
because Chris Rock gets paid to be a fool.
If you believe that it is you who is the fool. The Spanish massacred The Inca empire into extinction, still feel worse? You said to correct you if your were wrong, well, Your Wrong.
0 Replies
 
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 08:51 pm
@wjharve,
wjharve;13374 wrote:
I don't complain, my letter is really informing you not me whining. You might want to read the whole letter before posting a quote.
What makes you think that is the first time we have read something like that?
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2007 09:00 pm
@wjharve,
wjharve;13377 wrote:
Honestly, I want and deserve them both. Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you
Quote:
Honestly, I want and deserve them both.

No you don't. For some reason you think this is owed to you? That to me means you think you or your people are victims? I know if i ask you directly if you are a victim your probable answer will be no but yet you will stick to this mental ideal you hold to be true that sociaty owes you something? Who is holding you down? The man or your thought of the man? You said again to correct you so your welcome.
Silverchild79
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:08 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13377 wrote:
Honestly, I want and deserve them both. Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you


All I will say is that advocating the advancement of a singular color/creed of people will never be good for equality, regardless of contex
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:23 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;13381 wrote:
No you don't. For some reason you think this is owed to you? That to me means you think you or your people are victims? I know if i ask you directly if you are a victim your probable answer will be no but yet you will stick to this mental ideal you hold to be true that sociaty owes you something? Who is holding you down? The man or your thought of the man? You said again to correct you so your welcome.


To correct me I have to be wrong and I'm not. History is history and we are victim just like anybody else that been and still is getting screwed by the United States. I can't changed that and likewise I will not let that be an excuse. All I am trying to do is point out the fact that democracy is still running over Black America and really you can't argue differently, so why do.
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:42 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;13380 wrote:
What makes you think that is the first time we have read something like that?


Did I say that? No, but it's the first time you read my letter. I want equality for all not just Blacks, now quote that.
wjharve
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 12:45 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;13423 wrote:
All I will say is that advocating the advancement of a singular color/creed of people will never be good for equality, regardless of contex


Neither is racial profiling, so what is your point.
Curmudgeon
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 01:16 am
@wjharve,
African-Americans that want to better themselves usually do so . Many have achieved the American Dream , but many more seem content to live on welfare and cry racism rather than take advantage of the freedoms and rights and priveledges of America .
Take the word to the brothers and sisters - get them up and working , not playing victim .
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 07:56 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13424 wrote:
To correct me I have to be wrong and I'm not. History is history and we are victim just like anybody else that been and still is getting screwed by the United States. I can't changed that and likewise I will not let that be an excuse. All I am trying to do is point out the fact that democracy is still running over Black America and really you can't argue differently, so why do.
Quote:
To correct me I have to be wrong and I'm not.

Shall we take a poll?
Quote:
History is history and we are victim just like anybody else that been and still is getting screwed by the United States.

So why don't you leave? It is because you think something is owed to you? Do i owe you something, i am a citizen? Did i or anyone else in this forum perpetrate this on the black people of the US? So why do we have to make restitution for the percieved indisgression?
Quote:
I can't changed that and likewise I will not let that be an excuse.

You can't or won't change? And if you ask me, you have already used is as an excuse a few times?
Quote:
All I am trying to do is point out the fact that democracy is still running over Black America and really you can't argue differently, so why do

What your pointing out is not a fact it's an opinion. It's an opression that you allow to hold you down. Coming from a minority myself i have pracitcal experiece that says your wrong. I am who i am because of me, you are not yourself because you feel sociaty have done you and your people an injustice. So when you said you deserved it, that is why i said you didn't.
I have a friend that is an immigrant from South Africa. He is an upscale businessman who came to this country thirty years ago with nothing. He is a first generation immigrant. I asked him what he thought of black oppression in the US. He gave me a bewildered look and after pausing said he had no idea what i was talking about. I think that strainge as he is black and according to you therefore oppressed. Yet he had no idea? How do you explain that? What is the difference between him and you? Besides a feeling? In anycase, i think i can argue different so i will do so.
0 Replies
 
Drnaline
 
  1  
Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2007 08:04 am
@wjharve,
wjharve;13425 wrote:
Did I say that? No, but it's the first time you read my letter. I want equality for all not just Blacks, now quote that.
I didn't say you said that?
Quote:
I want equality for all not just Blacks, now quote that

Funny, from what i've heard. Your pretty much just talking about black up to this point. In your first post you mention "black" ten times. In the whole thread fifteen times. I think we know who your biased for?
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The Beginning Of a Revolution
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/21/2018 at 06:26:00