Bush-"US has no intention to strike inside Pakistan"

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 05:20 pm
@92b16vx,
IMO, there are and always have been huge numbers of guys in any given country on the face of the planet who will sign up to go forth to blow stuff up and kill people, just because that's the way they're wired. If ya treat'm right, they'll stay and fight forever. Sure, some might not be high school graduates, and sure, some might have criminal records, but they thrive on death and destruction. We need those guys.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:37 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30669 wrote:
IMO, there are and always have been huge numbers of guys in any given country on the face of the planet who will sign up to go forth to blow stuff up and kill people, just because that's the way they're wired. If ya treat'm right, they'll stay and fight forever. Sure, some might not be high school graduates, and sure, some might have criminal records, but they thrive on death and destruction. We need those guys.

Fight them over there, not over here.

No matter where they hide

No distinction between those that commit terrorism, and those that harbor/enable.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 07:45 pm
@92b16vx,
No....what I'm saying is that we'll always have troops who want to kill people. We just need to identify them, arm them, and turn them loose.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2007 08:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30703 wrote:
No....what I'm saying is that we'll always have troops who want to kill people. We just need to identify them, arm them, and turn them loose.

We have civilians that want to too Smile I must say, I, and several people in my unit were very disappointed in the turn of the war to Iraq.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 08:26 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30614 wrote:
Actually, morale in the US military is high. It's weird.......the whole time I was in the Army, almost everybody I knew actually fought like hell to get assigned to wherever the action was. I knew guys who pulled strings, big time, to get deployed to Persian Gulf War I, for example. There I was, a silent chicken chit, in a crowd of war-mongers. That's what soldiers do -- fight. It's my belief that a lot of Americans really want to go someplace to blow up stuff and shoot people. :dunno:

"its my belief that a lot of Americans really want to go someplace to blow up stuff and shoot people" people like you pino ! wanna be RAMBO'S,who want to play soldier
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 08:58 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;30771 wrote:
"its my belief that a lot of Americans really want to go someplace to blow up stuff and shoot people" people like you pino ! wanna be RAMBO'S,who want to play soldier

Sorry, Hoss. I was and remain a soldier. I served, for 20 years. I was available the entire time to be deployed to kill. I didn't get sent. Not my fault. AND....some of the intel I provided host nation forces on the ground in El Salvador did get people killed, directly and immediately. Not bad for an intel pogue. Anyway, when one pulls the trigger and drops bad guys in place, he isn't playing soldier. :headbang:
scooby-doo cv

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 09:03 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;30797 wrote:
Sorry, Hoss. I was and remain a soldier. I served, for 20 years. I was available the entire time to be deployed to kill. I didn't get sent. Not my fault. AND....some of the intel I provided host nation forces on the ground in El Salvador did get people killed, directly and immediately. Not bad for an intel pogue. Anyway, when one pulls the trigger and drops bad guys in place, he isn't playing soldier. :headbang:

EL SALVADOR ! WHAT WERE U DOING THERE PROPPING UP ANOTHER FASCIST DICTATOR
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2007 12:04 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;30800 wrote:
EL SALVADOR ! WHAT WERE U DOING THERE PROPPING UP ANOTHER FASCIST DICTATOR

Hey.....I'm fitty, don't forget. I go back a spell, Scoob. In the '80s, Latin America was all about counter-insurgency for the US. I was there.:eek:
0 Replies