Giuliani to drop out, casting his support to McCain

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 11:41 pm
well the "Florida Strategy" is a notable failure

Rudy will now support McCain, which could be huge for McCain's victory, possibly bigger then winning Florida

Giuliani to Quit Republican Presidential Race - You Decide 08!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,670 • Replies: 62
No top replies

briansol

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:03 am
@Silverchild79,
wooohooooooooooo! no cross dressers for president!
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:45 am
@Silverchild79,
umm, no Ron Paul either lol
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 05:24 am
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;52233 wrote:
well the "Florida Strategy" is a notable failure

Rudy will now support McCain, which could be huge for McCain's victory, possibly bigger then winning Florida

Giuliani to Quit Republican Presidential Race - You Decide 08!

Julie Annie ran a terrible campaign. It makes me think he didn't want to be Prez. What a frig'n loser of a campaign strategy.:no:
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:14 am
@Silverchild79,
Julies campaign was embarrassing, I will honestly say I had hoped for another of his I TOLD YOU SO'S but alas it wasnt meant to be.
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:15 am
@Silverchild79,
Seems as though I saw this coming months ago. If McCain is the GOP nominee he will be the sacrificial lamb sent to the slaughter. Conservatives hate him, liberals hate him, He's worse then the Ghoul on immigration, is a complete idiot in ecomonics, and is one of the coauthors of a piece of legislature that many look at as one of the greatest attacks on our 1st Amendment rights. He is being propped up by the media for a reason, they know he will lead to a democrat victory. Romney is a scumbag that made his living by buying companies, then driving them into bankruptcy, in the process, losing thousands of jobs, how he is putting his "private sector experiance" forward as a credential is amazing, and people are buying it, because they are too stupid to research HOW he made his millions. I don't know which one is worse, I am thinking McCain, but at least McCain pretends to be progun, so hmmmm.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:23 am
@Silverchild79,
Quite frankly I dont and havent belied a republican would win office.

I think ANY Republican they send is the Lamb to th slaughter
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:51 am
@Silverchild79,
I think if he get's the primary nailed down he's the best bet to beat the Dem's. While conventional logic would make you think he isn't a favorite with conservatives exit polls in Florida show that

he got 1/3rd of the "Very Conservative" vote
1/2 of the "Moderately Conservative" vote
and 2/3rds of the "Liberally Conservative" vote

The simple fact is that the majority of the party isn't as conservative as it once was. McCain just won in two of the more conservative primaries, SC and FLA. If he can win there he can win anywhere.

I know/ work with allot of ultra conservatives, they won't vote for a loser. So a Huckabee on a reform ticket or a Ron Paul won't really gain sway, they'll by and lage vote for whoever the party nominates. McCain will take the lion's share of independents from Hillary.

He's really our only electable option: Great with the Hispanic Vote, Great with Independants, Liberal & Moderate Conservatives, and even passable to the Ultra Conservative in a way Rudy actually wasn't (even if he was my fav candidate). We're not electing another ultra moral conservative, it won't happen because it looks too much like Bush. If we're going to have a Republican, it will have to be a moderate, which is better then Hillary if you are a conservative, and perfect for me :-D
0 Replies

I Understand

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:43 am
@Silverchild79,
i will not support the gop if anybody but Paul is elected.
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:47 am
@I Understand,
I Understand;52253 wrote:
i will not support the gop if anybody but Paul is elected.

So you are saying you will vote Democrat this election, or not at all?
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 10:58 am
@Silverchild79,
no he's saying he's a moderate libertarian in GOP clothing

you're free to go, we didn't want you, or Pual anyways. Paul has menat nothing to this race, the only time he was even relevant in a primary was in Nevada which nobody, save Romney ran. And Romney killed Paul. Paul is 4th tier at best; McCain>Romney>Hickabee>Paul
rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 11:17 am
@Silverchild79,
People who have done better (over all in the Primaries) Have Dropped out... (Cough Julie annie cough) something should get thought to Paul eventually, That if people who have more support than he are dropping out, its time for him to do the same.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 11:36 am
@Silverchild79,
yup, unless Sprint Wireless or Myspace is running the General Election Paul has no chance
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 12:04 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;52256 wrote:
no he's saying he's a moderate libertarian in GOP clothing

you're free to go, we didn't want you, or Pual anyways. Paul has menat nothing to this race, the only time he was even relevant in a primary was in Nevada which nobody, save Romney ran. And Romney killed Paul. Paul is 4th tier at best; McCain>Romney>Hickabee>Paul

And your boy ghouliani got raped like he deserved. At least Ron Paul is more relevant than that scumbag, and has the support, and backbone to stay in. As for your ultraconservatives that will vote along party line no matter what, all I have to say to that is they are not "ultra" anything, much less conservative, if they vote for McCain. BaaaaaBaaaaaaaaa the MSM has spoken, sheep line up and vote.
Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:31 pm
@Silverchild79,
wow, what a completely obtuse and ignorant line of thought

anybody who would refer to Rudy Giuliani as a "Scumbag" is driven by bitterness beyond which he can reason. I jestingly call Paul crazy, because some of his ideas, I feel, are. But I would never refer to a public servant as a Scumbag, unless they broke the law or did something that warranted it. Having political beliefs different from your own does not give you the right to refer to him as a scumbag, not if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Paul simply won't win because he runs on bitter politics, people will always return to hope because that's what fuels America's ambitions, not bitterness.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 01:33 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;52261 wrote:
And your boy ghouliani got raped like he deserved. At least Ron Paul is more relevant than that scumbag, and has the support, and backbone to stay in. As for your ultraconservatives that will vote along party line no matter what, all I have to say to that is they are not "ultra" anything, much less conservative, if they vote for McCain. BaaaaaBaaaaaaaaa the MSM has spoken, sheep line up and vote.

Did you nto see my post... Giuliani overall was 8% ahead of Paul... If someone who is BEATING YOU drops out its not a good sign... The best news Paul can take from this, is he can only be the 4th lowest GOP instead of 5th
92b16vx

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 02:46 pm
@rugonnacry,
rugonnacry;52266 wrote:
Did you nto see my post... Giuliani overall was 8% ahead of Paul... If someone who is BEATING YOU drops out its not a good sign... The best news Paul can take from this, is he can only be the 4th lowest GOP instead of 5th

Wow, the guy that spent all his money, and time campaigning Florida netted a whooping 8% more than Paul, who I think went there once, and whos official campaign didn't waste a dime, because it is a winner take all state they knew they weren't going to place first in so it is pointless to waste the money? Or the fact that outside of Florida the Ghoul lost to Paul in all but one primary where he was within margin of error of? lol.

Quote:
anybody who would refer to Rudy Giuliani as a "Scumbag" is driven by bitterness beyond which he can reason. I jestingly call Paul crazy, because some of his ideas, I feel, are. But I would never refer to a public servant as a Scumbag, unless they broke the law or did something that warranted it. Having political beliefs different from your own does not give you the right to refer to him as a scumbag, not if you want anyone to take you seriously.

Ghouliani is a scumbag. He was a scumbag politician when he was a democrat, when he was an independent, and, when he turned republican to advance his own carreer. His only allegiance is to his own success, he holds NO republican values at all. He is a shyster that strong armed opponents, used public funds to house his mistresses, and played up the fear/war monger angle when he is nothing more than a case of right place at the wrong time. He is an empty shell, and his poll numbers show that.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:22 pm
@Silverchild79,
Not only will he not win in Florida but he won't win a single state, he'll remain bitter and irrelevant and people will continue to not flock to him because he's never been the voice of leadership and hope, only the voice of bitter decent. The proverbial kid in the back of the class rolling his eyes at his teacher.

He will not win it in a house
He will not win it with a mouse
He will not win it here or there
He will not win it anywhere
He will not win it Sam I Am
So stop drinking Kool-Aid and Spam
0 Replies

Reagaknight

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:46 pm
@Silverchild79,
Why can't you assholes be as enlightened as 92b? What you think is irrelevant, because Ron Paul is the only candidate who supports the Constitution.
0 Replies

rugonnacry

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 04:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
Reag... I dont support the Constitution, in its current form... So thats not a winning argument for Paul