Is Human life from mars?

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 03:00 pm
new study who's it's possible

FOXNews.com - Life on Earth May Have Come From Mars - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 12
No top replies

klyph

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 04:09 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
A team led by John Parnell from the University of Aberdeen in Scotland embedded fossilized microbes into a fake meteorite strapped to the exterior of the Russian Foton M3 scientific-research probe, which went into orbit on Sept. 26 and came back to Earth 12 days later.

"In the bit of rock we got back, some biological compounds have survived," Parnell told National Geographic News.

That's a big stretch. They must have a "Jump to conclusions" mat Smile
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2007 04:28 pm
@klyph,
it's possible but not likely!
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:16 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45295 wrote:
That's a big stretch. They must have a "Jump to conclusions" mat Smile

It proves life can withstand the extremes of space and reentry. It's still a stretch, but we thought the same thing about the idea that the Earth revolves around the sun.
klyph

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:32 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45518 wrote:
It proves life can withstand the extremes of space and reentry. It's still a stretch, but we thought the same thing about the idea that the Earth revolves around the sun.

Not true. It proves that fossilized organisms can retain some biological compounds...

big stretch.
rugonnacry

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 01:09 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45521 wrote:
Not true. It proves that fossilized organisms can retain some biological compounds...

big stretch.

So we (people) are like a Jurassic park for mars eh?
0 Replies

RED DEVIL cv

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:12 pm
@Silverchild79,
This quest for the origins of man is much like the proverbial dog that chases the car, that in his mind is some sort of monster that rushes past his masters property several times a day. He thinks that he is on a noble quest, but what happens when and if he does catch the elusive beast? Man much like the dog, man would not know what to do if the chase were to suddenly come to an end. The pleasure is in the chase. Have you ever suddenly stopped short just to see what the dog that chases your car would do? The same principal applies here, just as the dog does, man would stop turn his head from side to side as if to say "Now, that I've caught the beast, what next?" Just what purpose would the knowledge serve mankind if it were proven beyond doubt that man "evolved" form some alien bacteria? Would it alter our life, would it help mankind in the least? The money that pays for such grants was probably taken form the supposedly "locked box" system that now stands in shadow of being insolvent(SSA), another waste of taxpayer monies. Just as with the dog, mans quest for knowledge in a "noble" way is just an "illusion", an illusion of the pompous nature of man and his belief that he(man) is the master of all that he observes. When in fact he is but a product of the whole which indeed created man, whether it be deity or random happenstance, the product subtracted from the whole can not be greater than that from which it was taken. The best man can hope for is to simply accept his place as "inferior" to that which did the creating and find a way to make appeasement thereof, or suffer the consequences of rebellion, just as we all now face with "runaway technologies" that can end mankind and his very existence. If not by warfare, by ignorance of the side effects of our technologies, just as with the changing environment. Man has proven himself to be less than a "perfect" steward of his own knowledge, might less the earth and our environment. RD
0 Replies

Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 02:14 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45521 wrote:

big stretch.

"Preliminary findings suggest that it's possible simple organisms could arrive via meteorites, he said."

Alien Life Can Survive Trip to Earth, Space Test Shows

Not so big of a stretch as once believed. Only one way to find out.
klyph

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:14 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45526 wrote:
"Preliminary findings suggest that it's possible simple organisms could arrive via meteorites, he said."

Alien Life Can Survive Trip to Earth, Space Test Shows

Not so big of a stretch as once believed. Only one way to find out.

"preliminary" "suggest" "possible" Rolling Eyes

My preliminary findings suggest that it's possible I could survive in outer space.
Sabz5150

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 07:23 pm
@klyph,
klyph;45538 wrote:
"preliminary" "suggest" "possible" Rolling Eyes

My preliminary findings suggest that it's possible I could survive in outer space.

And my preliminary findings suggest that it's possible God is a 50 foot inflatable clown.
klyph

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:36 pm
@Sabz5150,
Sabz5150;45580 wrote:
And my preliminary findings suggest that it's possible God is a 50 foot inflatable clown.

If you subscribe to the theology of omnipresence, then yes, God is a 50 foot inflatable clown. Though he would also be the neurons in your brain that came up with that witty facetiousness.
Sabz5150

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 07:03 am
@klyph,
klyph;45597 wrote:
If you subscribe to the theology of omnipresence, then yes, God is a 50 foot inflatable clown. Though he would also be the neurons in your brain that came up with that witty facetiousness.

You have your theories, I have mine.
0 Replies

Joe Stalin

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
@Silverchild79,
I think Pa's also had something to do with it.
0 Replies