Does the Media turn a blind eye to protests?

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 09:01 pm
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;45182 wrote:

Your solutions scare me. I want Al Qaeda to lose.:burnout:
92b16vx

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 10:27 pm
@Silverchild79,
You are scared of media hype, you'll never statistically encounter a terrorist that is going to threaten your life. over 7 million people in New York alone, and in all of American history less than 8000 have been killed by terrorist. You are a dollar sign to the politicians.
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:15 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45224 wrote:
Your solutions scare me. I want Al Qaeda to lose.:burnout:

I think Al Quaeda has already lost a lot, not completely, but no longer are they one large group following the ideals of OBL. Now they are more members but smaller ragtag groups who use the Al Queada name for recognition, sort of how sububan white kids somehow get to be crips and bloods.

They now lack the sort of commitment and resolve it would take to pull off a huge operation here in the US.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 03:20 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44903 wrote:
Man, are you ever out of touch. Iraq is the second largest oil-exporting country in the world.

Oh so we invaded a country for money????

It sits smack-dab in the middle of the Persian Gulf region, and is within missile-strike distance of Israel. By turning it over to radicals, we'd endanger the entire region, seriously jeopardize our oil supply, and all but gaurantee devastating Muslim attacks against Israel.

all attacks against Israel have been failures, and they would be attacked regardless of whether on not US forces are in Iraq (hezbollah, anyone?)

In turn, Israel might have to resort to using nukes, which could permanently radiate the Middle East's oil fields, demolishing our economy. Think with your brain, not your heart.:thumbdown:

sounds like you are thinking with your wallet not your brain! We went into Iraq for the WMDs for which there was none, i personally think it's more important to save american lives rather than secure our oil supply!

replies in bold
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 06:40 pm
@Silverchild79,
You remind me of Hitler.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 07:07 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45562 wrote:
You remind me of Hitler.

i have the opposite views of hitler!

Hitler was an Authortarian catholic, i'm a Libertarian Atheist!

Hitler was a Bigot, I want equality

Hitler was pro-censorship, I'm anti-censorship

Hitler wanted a christian government, I want a secular government

Hitler had a mustache, I have no mustache

Hitler was short, I am tall

Hitler was a conservative, i am a liberal moderate

Hitler was a conformist, I am anti-conformity

Hitler wanted "ethnic-clensing", I want diversity

--------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing me and good ol' Adolf had in common was we are both artists Smile
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:54 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;45241 wrote:
I think Al Quaeda has already lost a lot, not completely, but no longer are they one large group following the ideals of OBL. Now they are more members but smaller ragtag groups who use the Al Queada name for recognition, sort of how sububan white kids somehow get to be crips and bloods.

They now lack the sort of commitment and resolve it would take to pull off a huge operation here in the US.

Blow them all up.:devilheadbang::AR15firing::thumbup:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 08:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45573 wrote:
i have the opposite views of hitler!

Hitler was an Authortarian catholic, i'm a Libertarian Atheist!

Hitler was a Bigot, I want equality

Hitler was pro-censorship, I'm anti-censorship

Hitler wanted a christian government, I want a secular government

Hitler had a mustache, I have no mustache

Hitler was short, I am tall

Hitler was a conservative, i am a liberal moderate

Hitler was a conformist, I am anti-conformity

Hitler wanted "ethnic-clensing", I want diversity

--------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing me and good ol' Adolf had in common was we are both artists Smile

You haven't studied Hitler enough. He was an atheist, and hated Christianity. He courted German Christians in the beginning to secure power. His party was elected to the Reichstag in 1933 through perfectly legitimate national elections. He did not want a Christian government. Man........you're a handful. AND, getting defensive won't save you. In fact, it only makes your passion for Hitler more obvious. :no:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2007 09:52 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45595 wrote:
You haven't studied Hitler enough. He was an atheist, and hated Christianity. He courted German Christians in the beginning to secure power. His party was elected to the Reichstag in 1933 through perfectly legitimate national elections. He did not want a Christian government. Man........you're a handful. AND, getting defensive won't save you. In fact, it only makes your passion for Hitler more obvious. :no:

"It's popular among Christian apologists to claim that Hitler, the Nazis, and the Holocaust are all consequences of atheism, secularism, and liberalism. Such arguments fly in the face of reality: Adolf Hitler regularly proclaimed his faith in God, Nazi ideology was committed to supporting Christianity (on its terms, of course), and Nazi anti-Semitism was firmly grounded in Christian anti-Semitism. Hitler's theism, religiosity, and Christianity are strongly supported in his own words."

-http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerQuotesGodReligion.htm

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."
-Adolf Hitler

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator - by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-Adolf Hitler
Brian764

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:42 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45600 wrote:
"It's popular among Christian apologists to claim that Hitler, the Nazis, and the Holocaust are all consequences of atheism, secularism, and liberalism. Such arguments fly in the face of reality: Adolf Hitler regularly proclaimed his faith in God, Nazi ideology was committed to supporting Christianity (on its terms, of course), and Nazi anti-Semitism was firmly grounded in Christian anti-Semitism. Hitler's theism, religiosity, and Christianity are strongly supported in his own words."

-http://atheism.about.com/od/adolfhitlernazigermany/tp/AdolfHitlerQuotesGodReligion.htm

"As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."
-Adolf Hitler

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator - by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."
-Adolf Hitler

Being a Christian is more than saying, I'm a Christian." Jesus said that we would have false Christians who would deceive many.

Mark 13:5-6 (KJV)
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Jesus is saying that they believe in me, that is, they believe that I am the Christ, but they will deceive those who listen to them...they will teach and believe things that I never taught.

A true Christian will be known by these characteristics.

Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 02:16 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;45616 wrote:
Being a Christian is more than saying, I'm a Christian." Jesus said that we would have false Christians who would deceive many.

Mark 13:5-6 (KJV)
5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you:
6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Jesus is saying that they believe in me, that is, they believe that I am the Christ, but they will deceive those who listen to them...they will teach and believe things that I never taught.

A true Christian will be known by these characteristics.

Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Your quotes from the bible are meaningless to me!!! They prove nothing!!! The Bible isn't verifiable.

There is only one requirement to be a christian!
>profound belief that Jesus is the son of god!

bad christians are still christians!!!
Brian764

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 04:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45643 wrote:
Your quotes from the bible are meaningless to me!!! They prove nothing!!! The Bible isn't verifiable.

There is only one requirement to be a christian!
>profound belief that Jesus is the son of god!

bad christians are still christians!!!

And yours is just as meaningless to me.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2007 05:44 pm
@Brian764,
Brian@764;45666 wrote:
And yours is just as meaningless to me.

my what?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 12:41 pm
@Pinochet73,
:cussing:Truthfully, I support full opposition to the American media. It should be undermined.
Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 03:25 pm
@Silverchild79,
Every media outlet is flawed that is why I check a couple of sites to help verify accuracy. I also check foreign sites as well. Ultimately it is up to us to decide what is truth and what is garbage.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 07:00 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45723 wrote:
:cussing:Truthfully, I support full opposition to the American media. It should be undermined.

and replaced with what?
Drakej

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 08:30 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Exactly, if we cannot support our own privately ran media then who are you going to trust? Believe every word that comes out of a White House press conference?
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 08:56 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;45788 wrote:
and replaced with what?

Silence for a while. We need peace, quiet and time to get our heads screwed on straight. Our world is full of buzzing crap.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 08:57 pm
@Drakej,
Drakej;45790 wrote:
Exactly, if we cannot support our own privately ran media then who are you going to trust? Believe every word that comes out of a White House press conference?

Well, what we have today is just as bad. Pick your poison.
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Sat 17 Nov, 2007 09:42 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45800 wrote:
Silence for a while.

for awhile or forever? what will we replace it with?
0 Replies