Does the Media turn a blind eye to protests?

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 12:23 pm
The war is obviously un popular, but does the meida outright turn a blind eye to protests?

Corporate Media Love A Good ProtestBig Media Shows Turned Out For Jena, but Not For Anti-War. - CommonDreams.org

Miscovering Anti-War Protests (Again)

these are obviously agenda driven news soucres but the concern remains for many americans.

Personally I think there's a much simpler answer, it's just not news. They got allot of media play when support first started to slip in 04, but by 07 everybody knows there are protests and frankly there are more remarkable stories out there then reoccuring peacefull assemblies

see how easy that was, google+ 10 seconds of your life=thread
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,168 • Replies: 72
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 05:44 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;43908 wrote:
The war is obviously un popular, but does the meida outright turn a blind eye to protests?

Corporate Media Love A Good ProtestBig Media Shows Turned Out For Jena, but Not For Anti-War. - CommonDreams.org

these are obviously agenda driven news soucres but the concern remains for many americans.

Personally I think there's a much simpler answer, it's just not news. They got allot of media play when support first started to slip in 04, but by 07 everybody knows there are protests and frankly there are more remarkable stories out there then reoccuring peacefull assemblies

Nah....if the US media were determined to get us out of Iraq, it would manufacture the greatest lies imaginable to achieve that effect. The truth is the US media is Jewish-owned or operated, and actually supports the war, for the sake of Israel's security. That's right -- the US media supports the war, but has tried to make a fast buck off its unpopularity at home. As I've been telling everyone here since the day I arrived, WE ARE NOT LEAVING IRAQ FOR A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME. We have become ONE with Israel.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 1 Nov, 2007 05:46 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;43949 wrote:
WE ARE NOT LEAVING IRAQ FOR A VERY, VERY, VERY LONG TIME. We have become ONE with Israel.

I don't know about one with Israel, but anybody who says they want us completely out of Iraq needs to consider Germany, Japan & Korea. We're still in all those places, still in Kosovo too. We're not leaving Iraq anytime soon.
hatukazi

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 02:38 pm
@Silverchild79,
while I agree that US forces will be in Iraq for a very long time I have to question "what right do we have to impose our democracy on Iraq?" they were and still should be a sovereign nation with their own laws and ideals.

If the Iraqi people were so disenfranchised with Saddam Hussein why did they not take it upon themselves to declare a jihad upon him and depose him themselves? There are certainly enough people with weapons to keep the US military busy fighting for far longer than the original Desert Storm.
klyph

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:09 pm
@Silverchild79,

these are obviously agenda driven news soucres

Are you implying that there are news sources without an agenda Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:32 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;44604 wrote:
while I agree that US forces will be in Iraq for a very long time I have to question "what right do we have to impose our democracy on Iraq?" they were and still should be a sovereign nation with their own laws and ideals.

If the Iraqi people were so disenfranchised with Saddam Hussein why did they not take it upon themselves to declare a jihad upon him and depose him themselves? There are certainly enough people with weapons to keep the US military busy fighting for far longer than the original Desert Storm.

Good points, one and all. Bush took out Saddam to vindicate his father, IMO. Nevertheless, we're there, and the big "why" no longer matters. Forward, march.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:59 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44628 wrote:
Good points, one and all. Bush took out Saddam to vindicate his father, IMO. Nevertheless, we're there, and the big "why" no longer matters. Forward, march.

...and let more American casualties pile up? No thank you!
Pinochet73

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 05:49 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44678 wrote:
...and let more American casualties pile up? No thank you!

And how does ruminating over 'why' stop that?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Thu 8 Nov, 2007 08:22 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44797 wrote:
And how does ruminating over 'why' stop that?

I'm talking about a full withdrawl from Iraq, there is nothing to gain by staying in Iraq!
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 05:33 am
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44846 wrote:
I'm talking about a full withdrawl from Iraq, there is nothing to gain by staying in Iraq!

Man, are you ever out of touch. Iraq is the second largest oil-exporting country in the world. It sits smack-dab in the middle of the Persian Gulf region, and is within missile-strike distance of Israel. By turning it over to radicals, we'd endanger the entire region, seriously jeopardize our oil supply, and all but gaurantee devastating Muslim attacks against Israel. In turn, Israel might have to resort to using nukes, which could permanently radiate the Middle East's oil fields, demolishing our economy. Think with your brain, not your heart.:thumbdown:
hatukazi

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 09:44 am
@Pinochet73,
It is a known fact even to the caves of Afghanistan that Isreal has nuclear capability and also when provoked they WILL use it.

if radicals provke them and get irradiated that is thier own fault and none of our responsibility.

So a third of "our" oil comes from Iraq. the reality is it belongs to Iraq and not us. If the US desired an oil producing country we could have had one, the US used it's resources and the lives of it's citizens to purchase Kuwait's freedom, and they should have PAID for it by becoming the 51st state, or at the very least a colony of the US. Or we could have let Saddam have his way and deal with him.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 07:28 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;44923 wrote:
It is a known fact even to the caves of Afghanistan that Isreal has nuclear capability and also when provoked they WILL use it.

if radicals provke them and get irradiated that is thier own fault and none of our responsibility.

So a third of "our" oil comes from Iraq. the reality is it belongs to Iraq and not us. If the US desired an oil producing country we could have had one, the US used it's resources and the lives of it's citizens to purchase Kuwait's freedom, and they should have PAID for it by becoming the 51st state, or at the very least a colony of the US. Or we could have let Saddam have his way and deal with him.

Sorry....I don't hate my country, America. No, in fact I love it, so I'm going to write off your last post as treasonous pulp.:FU1:
xj0hnx

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:05 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;44923 wrote:
So a third of "our" oil comes from Iraq.

No where even close to a third of our oil comes from Iraq. We import five times more petroleum from Canada, and three times more from Saudi and three times more from Mexico. For every, almost 10,000,000 barrels a day we get from other countries, we get 500,000 from Iraq.
Pinochet73

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:17 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;44985 wrote:
No where even close to a third of our oil comes from Iraq. We import five times more petroleum from Canada, and three times more from Saudi and three times more from Mexico. For every, almost 10,000,000 barrels a day we get from other countries, we get 500,000 from Iraq.

Iraq is the second largest oil exporting nation onf PLANET EARTH. If you want to surrender it to Al Qaeda, you don't deserve another gallon of gas to support your lifestyle. Get a bicycle.:rollinglaugh:
hatukazi

Reply Fri 9 Nov, 2007 08:58 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44974 wrote:
Sorry....I don't hate my country, America. No, in fact I love it, so I'm going to write off your last post as treasonous pulp.:FU1:

how is wanting to see benefit, not loss, from our sacrifices treason?

how is looking out for our troops best interests treason?

how does wanting to clean the mess in OUR OWN BACKYARD constitute treason?

I honestly dont know what country you love, it cant be America.
Brian764

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:42 am
@Silverchild79,

Yes it does...the media at least the corporate media is very hypocritical because if this was happening in another country, it would (American media) be telling the American people and the world the media (in the other Country) is under the control of that government and is putting out propaganda to give the impression that it has popular support.

The media like any other organization is made up of human beings and human beings by nature tends to view them selves in a less critical manor than it does with others. It is extremely hard for us to see ourselves as we are because our nature is not of such were we examine ourselves; we are very quick to scrutinize others but not so of ourselves...there are some but they are few and very far between.
0 Replies

xj0hnx

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 03:41 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44991 wrote:
Iraq is the second largest oil exporting nation onf PLANET EARTH. If you want to surrender it to Al Qaeda, you don't deserve another gallon of gas to support your lifestyle. Get a bicycle.:rollinglaugh:

I don't give a rats ass about how much oil Iraq exports, I care about how much WE import. You have no hold on who deserves what, so tend to your own bigoted business. Always talking **** about Americans "joining AQ", YOU are why America will fall. Dividing the people with your bigotry and hatred for anything that doesn't fit into your tidy WASP package.
Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:15 pm
@xj0hnx,
xj0hnx;45019 wrote:
I don't give a rats ass about how much oil Iraq exports, I care about how much WE import. You have no hold on who deserves what, so tend to your own bigoted business. Always talking **** about Americans "joining AQ", YOU are why America will fall. Dividing the people with your bigotry and hatred for anything that doesn't fit into your tidy WASP package.

'WASP'? Get your false accusations straight -- I'm CATHOLIC, and married to an Hispanic, btw. And no.....as long as we're both here at this discussion board, I'm not going to keep my opinions to myself. :cussing::FU2::AR15firing:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 01:17 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;44997 wrote:
how is wanting to see benefit, not loss, from our sacrifices treason?

how is looking out for our troops best interests treason?

how does wanting to clean the mess in OUR OWN BACKYARD constitute treason?

I honestly dont know what country you love, it cant be America.

You believe in fantasies. Your thoughts belong to another world. Tie yourself to a paperweight, so you don't float away.Very Happy:elefant::240::whipping::spot:
hatukazi

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 02:45 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45048 wrote:
You believe in fantasies. Your thoughts belong to another world. Tie yourself to a paperweight, so you don't float away.Very Happy:elefant::240::whipping::spot:

according to you I DO belong to another world, it's called Earth. on my planet we understand that when the government WE choose to SERVE us is not doing their job, chooses not to be held accountable for their actions, uses the office they were entrusted with to further their personal agenda, and decides which pieces of the constitution apply to them......

Our rights are not to be trifled with.