Does the Media turn a blind eye to protests?

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 03:30 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;45060 wrote:
according to you I DO belong to another world, it's called Earth. on my planet we understand that when the government WE choose to SERVE us is not doing their job, chooses not to be held accountable for their actions, uses the office they were entrusted with to further their personal agenda, and decides which pieces of the constitution apply to them......

Our rights are not to be trifled with.

f:beat:
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 03:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
peace and anti-war demonstrations are downright dangerous and hypocritical...
Brian764

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:14 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;45070 wrote:
peace and anti-war demonstrations are downright dangerous and hypocritical...
0 Replies

hatukazi

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:24 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45061 wrote:
f:beat:

as I sink down to your level,
you must be real familiar with that position.

try using logic to refute mine.
Tulip cv

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 04:34 pm
@Silverchild79,
Quote:
Wow, all of a sudden these things are dangerous; I thought it was war and those who love to start wars were dangerous...so this country have been lying to the world all this time….I hope though that you were just being sarcastic.
Brain.0742

nope, they are dangerous, which is the irony of the message, they are yelling , chanting, arguing, burning straw people, fighting with police, using up tax dollars, and acting like children and uncivilized unpeaceful children to boot...in fact l apologize to all children because children are much better than the nit-whits that fight for peace.

And the funny thing is they are completely oblivious to the destructive message they are sending...quite the opposite of peace.
Brian764

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 07:00 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;45079 wrote:
Brain.0742

nope, they are dangerous, which is the irony of the message, they are yelling , chanting, arguing, burning straw people, fighting with police, using up tax dollars, and acting like children and uncivilized unpeaceful children to boot...in fact l apologize to all children because children are much better than the nit-whits that fight for peace.

And the funny thing is they are completely oblivious to the destructive message they are sending...quite the opposite of peace.

You know I often here those in the corporate media labeled peaceful demonstrators as being violent or causing violence, ignoring the fact that more often than not it was the police who became overly aggressive, against demonstrators in the hope that the people will lash back at them, giving them a reason to brutalize the people. I am not saying everyone who demonstrates are always peaceful; there are and will be those who will become violent or have non peaceful agenda. Also, it’s it has happened where the government have infiltrated some organizations that it does not like, and these infiltraters would act out, becoming violent, which would cause the police to start beating people left and right.

Things have really changed...there was a time when those who oppose the oppressive establishment were considered heroes and true patriots….remember the so-called founding fathers of this country? But then again, things have not really changed, but in times of crisis or fabricated crisis the true nature of some will manifest it self. Martin Luther King would be just as hated now as he was back then, when he was marching for equal rights and justice for all people. After all he not only spoke out against racism, but the unjust war that the US was waging, and it’s never ending support and propping up of dictators. America’s moral is like shifting sand blown about by a strong wind; one day a particular ideal is just and good, then anther day the opposite is good. For example, it was fine when Saddam Husain gassed his people way back in the 80s, in fact the CIA use to say, Saddam is a son of a bitch, but he is our son of a bitch. Noriega was a known drug dealer/cartel, at the same time he was on the CIA’s payroll as did Saddam. The United States did not have a problem with anyone of them, until the US had no more use for them. But you are right, those who speak out against evils will be a threat, to those who do wicked things, and will seek to do whatever it can to snuff out any decent.
0 Replies

xj0hnx

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 07:19 pm
@Tulip cv,
Tulip;45079 wrote:
Brain.0742

Ever been to war? Nope? Didn't think so.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 08:25 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;45076 wrote:
as I sink down to your level,
you must be real familiar with that position.

try using logic to refute mine.

Is that how you classify your comments? Ha.:rollinglaugh:
hatukazi

Reply Sat 10 Nov, 2007 10:20 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45100 wrote:
Is that how you classify your comments? Ha.:rollinglaugh:

all you need to do is prove me wrong and I promise, I will shut up.

get used to seeing me for a loooooooooong time.
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 01:07 pm
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;45108 wrote:
all you need to do is prove me wrong and I promise, I will shut up.

get used to seeing me for a loooooooooong time.

Hhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:
hatukazi

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 02:33 pm
@Pinochet73,
:backtotopic:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 04:58 pm
@Silverchild79,
It's a double-edged sword -- we need the media, but it's a propaganda machine. How do we even know most of the so-called problems it reports on are real? We gamble that what they're covering is genuine, feeling confident that media competition makes it so. Still, we don't know for sure, and can't. For example, what's happened to the Rita Cosby scandal concerning her allegations about homosexual relations between Larry Burkhead and Howard K. Stern? It completely fell off the radar. Why? The media doesn't want to 'out' its own, that's why. So, in this case, media competition has failed to keep everyone honest.
hatukazi

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 05:34 pm
@Pinochet73,
I agree, we cant all be where the news is happening, when it's happening. We need an organization to keep us informed on current events.

That the news can be used to spresd propaganda is also one of the biggest problem America faces right now, part of the problem stems from the fact that newspapers and especially TV news is ratings driven. For some strange reason bad news and negativity outsell positive, informative and helpful articles, add in the propensity to exaggerate what brings in the profits and everyone who depends on mainstream media has the problem too.

A radical solution might be to stop news media from selling advertising, after all they are supposed to be the news, not entertainment.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2007 06:36 pm
@Silverchild79,
But then how could they could exist without becoming a function of government? We're stuck with what we have, I'm afraid. It sucks.
92b16vx

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 12:41 am
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;45169 wrote:
But then how could they could exist without becoming a function of government? We're stuck with what we have, I'm afraid. It sucks.
Brian764

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 01:03 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;45182 wrote:

In the light of that, what does it say about the American people in regards Bush?
92b16vx

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 02:00 am
@Brian764,
Brian@764;45184 wrote:
In the light of that, what does it say about the American people in regards Bush?

The sheeple were (still are) scared that muslim extremist were going to be walking the streets of Sometown USA with AK47s raping our women and converting our children. ******* absurd. "Fight them over there so we don't fight them over here", "They hate us for our freedom", two of quite possibly the two most retarded statements ever dumped on the American public by a buy our fear campaign. 99% of the American population will never see a terrorist anywhere other than TeeVee, yet they are scared to death of the prospect of them, it is a case study in herd mentality.
Brian764

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 07:51 am
@92b16vx,
92b16vx;45186 wrote:
The sheeple were (still are) scared that muslim extremist were going to be walking the streets of Sometown USA with AK47s raping our women and converting our children. ***ing absurd. "Fight them over there so we don't fight them over here", "They hate us for our freedom", two of quite possibly the two most retarded statements ever dumped on the American public by a buy our fear campaign. 99% of the American population will never see a terrorist anywhere other than TeeVee, yet they are scared to death of the prospect of them, it is a case study in herd mentality.

Very true.
hatukazi

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
@Brian764,
let's just say that we're all good men here, right now I feel like I am doing nothing.
I dont want my kids growing up in a world where they will be afraid to ask questions and demand answers.
I dont want them growing up in a world dominated by fear and its misuse by the ruling class.
I know we need responsible leaders and truthful reporting, I just dont see how this comes to pass.

I dont want MTV to be the president in 2024.....
Brian764

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2007 11:29 am
@hatukazi,
hatukazi;45205 wrote:
let's just say that we're all good men here, right now I feel like I am doing nothing.
I dont want my kids growing up in a world where they will be afraid to ask questions and demand answers.
I dont want them growing up in a world dominated by fear and its misuse by the ruling class.
I know we need responsible leaders and truthful reporting, I just dont see how this comes to pass.

I dont want MTV to be the president in 2024.....

I can tell you this, what you desire and rightly so will not be accomplished by governments created by human beings.
0 Replies