Iranian Offical caught in Iraq? Yup

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 12:36 pm
FOXNews.com - Iranian Officer Arrested for Allegedly Smuggling Roadside Bombs Into Iraq - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News

Maybe if Iran would stay out of this we could finish the job?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,513 • Replies: 42
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 12:59 pm
@Silverchild79,
Damn it Silver, what have we told you about posting things from Faux news, LOL. Propoganda, all of it. You Just want to attack those innocent Iranians.
Freeman15

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Iran supplies Shi'a militias in Iraq, so? You'd supply militias too if the United States had you surrounded and had preached your destruction and lumped you into the "axis of evil". If I'm Iran, I'm not only supplying bombs, I'm recruiting volunteers.
Silverchild79

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:30 pm
@Silverchild79,
that's why they are the enemy, because the continue to act like it

this was more of an FYI for people that say "don't bomb Iran, you'll drag them into Iraq"

they're already in Iraq and no dragging was required
Freeman15

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 02:52 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;38336 wrote:
that's why they are the enemy, because the continue to act like it

this was more of an FYI for people that say "don't bomb Iran, you'll drag them into Iraq"

they're already in Iraq and no dragging was required

Iran supported our effort to oust the Taliban from Afghanistan. They're Shi'a, they could be serious allies in fighting Sunni terrorist groups like "al Qaeda". I don't fault them for sending weapons and money to Shi'a militias, we do the SAME THING in countries in which we have a vested interest. Double standards are absurd.

We accuse Iran of not participating in the international process, then we advocate not letting their delegation in the country. Our government wants war, and Iran will be begrudgingly happy to oblige our battered military. We can't do Iran, we don't have the ass for it.
92b16vx

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 03:17 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38338 wrote:
Iran supported our effort to oust the Taliban from Afghanistan. They're Shi'a, they could be serious allies in fighting Sunni terrorist groups like "al Qaeda". I don't fault them for sending weapons and money to Shi'a militias, we do the SAME THING in countries in which we have a vested interest. Double standards are absurd.

We accuse Iran of not participating in the international process, then we advocate not letting their delegation in the country. Our government wants war, and Iran will be begrudgingly happy to oblige our battered military. We can't do Iran, we don't have the ass for it.

No, you see, when WE do it, it's good sound foreign policy, when THEY do it, it's an act of war. I mean give me a break The Shah, Mujahadeen, Saddam, Saudi royals, is there a ME slutbag whos tits we didn't fondle?

Quote:
The Iranian officer was allegedly involved in transporting roadside bombs,

So did he, or didn't he? It's seems pretty simple, if they caught him doing something than say it, if not, than this is nothing more than propaghanda.
mlurp

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 09:03 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38335 wrote:
Iran supplies Shi'a militias in Iraq, so? You'd supply militias too if the United States had you surrounded and had preached your destruction and lumped you into the "axis of evil". If I'm Iran, I'm not only supplying bombs, I'm recruiting volunteers.
Freeman15

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 10:44 pm
@mlurp,
Unfounded ideas? We've stated publicly that a nuclear Iran will not be allowed to exist, and we have military forces on their East and their West (Iraq and Afghanistan). Further, we have put them into the "axis of evil" category, one member of which as already been invaded and occupied.

Imagine if the US was not a global hegemon, and Estonia was. Estonia invades Canada, and then invades Mexico. Then, Estonia declares at the US will not be permitted to possess nuclear power under any circumstances, and that the United States is "evil". Now we're surrounded by a belligerent nation that has used military force on our neighbors, and who by all accounts would not be at all worried about using said military force on us. The Canadians start to fight back against the Estonians, does the US sit back and watch, or do we make sure the Canadians do as much damage as possible to the force that will likely be coming for the US next?

Look at international relations as if your country is NOT a hegemon.
mlurp

Reply Thu 20 Sep, 2007 11:02 pm
@Freeman15,
I don't dis-agree. I think the Air Force has 1,200+ sites to hit at once in Iran. just awaiting Lil Bush "lets Move them Out"
Big Business gets it's way.
I was watching Larry King. interview Dan Rather. I don't watch Larry King much. But this interview was important. While the news is about O.J. Dan Rather, stated, "to have free press we need to remove Big Business from the important discussion making process of the news departments". And did so several way each time he pointed it out. It is what is driving Lil Bush and crew.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 02:59 pm
@Silverchild79,

what exactly do you mean by finish the job ?
mlurp

Reply Sun 30 Sep, 2007 10:20 pm
@scooby-doo cv,
And who is thinking Iran is going to stay out of this. That is why Iran was the main reason to go into Iraq. And the reason for the several major bases we have permanently built there. That for some reason no reporters have reveled yet.
tvsej

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 08:33 am
@mlurp,
Interesting, joining forces with Israel perhaps when it is time? Great stradegy(spell)

Iran is a muslim country just like Iraq, I don't trust any of them. They all do the dirty work of Allah who tells them to lie to accomplish their higher goal. Kill all non muslims.

Thats good enough for me not to trust any nation of that religious belief ever!
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 08:55 am
@mlurp,
mlurp;39892 wrote:
And who is thinking Iran is going to stay out of this. That is why Iran was the main reason to go into Iraq. And the reason for the several major bases we have permanently built there. That for some reason no reporters have reveled yet.

well the do have a foreign army on their doorstep,i think the US should have stayed out of Iraq,just like the Iranians ! the iranians do have a lot more in common with the iraqis that the US dont you think ? 60% of iraqis are shia's,and iran is a shia country.
i wonder how the americans would like a foreign army on their doorstep,they dont even like democratically elected govenments in latin america,that are not pro-american.
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 09:59 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38335 wrote:

thank you for perfectly illustrating the flaw in the "Ron Paul Foreign Policy Logic" (if it can even be called that)

we overthrow a brutal dictator for fear he might arm terrorists and continual noncompliance of UN resolutions and it's "an illegal act of war"

but Iran attempts to overthrow a free elected government, one who requests our presence in their country, and they kill US soldiers. And your response is that you understand? Who's side are you on, we aren't in Iran, by the Ron Paul logic it should be none of their business.

But that logic is only applied when it's us doing it, radical Islam gets a pass because they don't like Bush either
mlurp

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 11:25 am
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;38335 wrote:

Funny thing Iran has preached the destruction of Israel and America long before we went into Iraq! They were calling for our destruction while we helped Afghanistan defeat Russia.

Do you support our leaving the only Democracy in the middle east? Israel!
mlurp

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 11:32 am
@scooby-doo cv,
scooby-doo;39921 wrote:
well the do have a foreign army on their doorstep,i think the US should have stayed out of Iraq,just like the Iranians ! the iranians do have a lot more in common with the iraqis that the US dont you think ? 60% of iraqis are shia's,and iran is a shia country.
i wonder how the americans would like a foreign army on their doorstep,they dont even like democratically elected govenments in latin america,that are not pro-american.

And they do have a nut case for a leader who thinks America and Israel, are to be destoryed.
Not as important, doyou use IE 6 or 7? If so here is a great little tool you need badly.< ieSpell - Download >it puts a spell checker in the tools menu and also in your right click menu. No disrespect intended. A few others here could use this utility also.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 01:00 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;39929 wrote:
thank you for perfectly illustrating the flaw in the "Ron Paul Foreign Policy Logic" (if it can even be called that)

we overthrow a brutal dictator for fear he might arm terrorists and continual noncompliance of UN resolutions and it's "an illegal act of war"

but Iran attempts to overthrow a free elected government, one who requests our presence in their country, and they kill US soldiers. And your response is that you understand? Who's side are you on, we aren't in Iran, by the Ron Paul logic it should be none of their business.

But that logic is only applied when it's us doing it, radical Islam gets a pass because they don't like Bush either

Supplying weapons and outright invasion are two entirely different things, and you know it. I wish Iran would not supply weapons to kill Americans, but WE WOULD DO THE SAME THING if Canada was occupied by China. The Iraqi government is not freely elected, the clerics were excluded from the elections remember? So they're about as democratically elected as the Regional Soviets of the SFR's.

Further, we oppose the occupation of Iraq, but we're there, and we accept reality. In reality, we understand WHY Iran would send weapons to Iraq, and while we DISAGREE with the action because it only furthers the war, we UNDERSTAND it. Neocons seem to think that Iran is sending weapons, and thus is simply evil, without acknowledging the political and military situation of Iran. They are SURROUNDED by openly hostile forces who have labelled them "evil", WHAT WOULD YOU DO???? You can't seek resolution until you understand your opponent's motivation and concerns, it's called negotiation, and it's worked for centuries, going on millenia.

You obviously have no grasp of international relations. Ron Paul adovates a foreign policy that combines elements of realism and constructivism (I assume you know what these terms mean, if you don't, don't bother discussing this issue with me) into a policy of domestic power and foreign discussion which yields a more peaceful, more secure, and more free WORLD. Your lack of comprehension in this policy realm is startling given how vocal you are. Them/bad, we/good is idiotic foreign policy thinking and reflects the global understanding of a six year-old.

It's been said in this topic already, but I'll say it again. The US supplies weapons to horrible people all over the world, and along with the rest of the permanent members of the Security Council, represents the largest arms racket in the world. Who the hell are we to condemn Iran for sending weapons to Sh'ia militias? At least they're from the region, most of our arms sales are intercontinental.
Freeman15

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 01:06 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;39934 wrote:
Funny thing Iran has preached the destruction of Israel and America long before we went into Iraq! They were calling for our destruction while we helped Afghanistan defeat Russia.

Do you support our leaving the only Democracy in the middle east? Israel!

You mean the democracy in which Jewish law trumps Knesset law? That's called a theocracy, not a democracy. They're Iranians with yamulkas. Israel can take care of itself.

Iran preached destruction of America because we supported a dictator that killed and tortured them for 25 years. You'd be pissed off too. Israel was created from Palestinian land by the UN as a result of German atrocities. Huh? Israel should have been created in Germany, the Jews have no claim to that land. If they want it so badly, let them fight for it, but keep us out of it, Israel only causes trouble for us.
0 Replies

scooby-doo cv

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 01:58 pm
@mlurp,
mlurp;39935 wrote:
And they do have a nut case for a leader who thinks America and Israel, are to be destoryed.
Not as important, doyou use IE 6 or 7? If so here is a great little tool you need badly.< ieSpell - Download >it puts a spell checker in the tools menu and also in your right click menu. No disrespect intended. A few others here could use this utility also.

"they have a nut case for a leader" what is bush :eek: a man who invades a country that had no connection to 9/11 and these WMDs,that were never found :thumbup:

ps,i dont really care if i have some spelling mistakes,or perfect grammar.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Mon 1 Oct, 2007 02:34 pm
@Freeman15,
Freeman15;39955 wrote:
Supplying weapons and outright invasion are two entirely different things, and you know it.

that's funny because this thread is about a member of Iran's military caught on the ground in Iraq

Iran's Elite guard has invaded Iraq, this is no secret we just dance around the topic because if we came out and admitted it we would be compelled to atack Iran and we aren't ready to do that yet.